test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

~ 192 grinding quests to get 2 Artifacts.

drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok... I have been trying to figure this out... because I lost track of how many areas there were, I skipped a few to get higher exp rewards. I know that there were about 48 per map, but I remember that I did 32 in the Fiery Pits before I moved on to Spinward Rise. To my recollection, there were 3 areas per zone.

I know that some of you are more numbers oriented and may be able to shed more light on this subject. Due to my very morbid curiosity. I have a desire to know how much some of us endured during this grind.

I know that I probably spent close to 100g on injury kits and 100g on healing pots... during that grind.

Lets toss some numbers out so we can really put a flagstone on the effort.
ez0sf4K.png
Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
SYNERGY Alliance
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dirtydoodledirtydoodle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To get the artifacts do I have to complete every single different quest in each of the 3 parts of each 4 zones? Or can I just do 16 of each part and each map and be done with it? (I skipped a few encounter quests and just redone the easier ones)

Because i seriously can't be assed to do encounters in the most disgusting laggy zones.

The lag I've seen in the 2nd and 3rd zones is disgusting.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow, seriously, my post got deleted already? It wasn't even a bad one.

Anyway...

No, you don't have to do all the new zones, just all the quests in Spinward Rise. However, and as I've been telling my guild, you may as well grind them out, because outside of local dragons, you're not going to find better/easier XP.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    THE only area you need to finish the quests in is Spinward, you can skip the other two..
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    THE only area you need to finish the quests in is Spinward, you can skip the other two..

**three

(10 chars)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • dirtydoodledirtydoodle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How do you actually get the artifacts btw? Is there a quest you start eventually?
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How do you actually get the artifacts btw? Is there a quest you start eventually?

After you finish the 3rd vigilance quest in Spineward Rise, it will give you a quest that gives you the main hand elemental artifact. The offhand you get once you reach level 70 from Sgt. Knox.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rodandog wrote: »
    an so far i havent seen a vendor with the new hp pots not that they work worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> considering the damage taken, personally i find the icw hp pots that can be used in pvp far better.

The only place I have found them is through the vendor from my artifact.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited April 2015
    BTW... this was a post that was created to seek actual numbers and stats. I am making an effort to throw a light on our common struggle in an effort to express to EVERYONE that we ARE ALL in the same boat.

There is ONE common denominator... that we all share. A way to elevate the newbies and humble the elites. I feel Cryptic has done just that.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    If you have the AD to spare, you can craft your main hand the same way you crafted your first one; via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen. Right now this will set you back ~150k AD for the materials.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,390 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What is the new HP pot? Is it Potion of Superior healing? I did not check every vendor but the one I happened to check yesterday in the Helm's hold is selling that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,390 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    BTW... this was a post that was created to seek actual numbers and stats. I am making an effort to throw a light on our common struggle in an effort to express to EVERYONE that we ARE ALL in the same boat.

There is ONE common denominator... that we all share. A way to elevate the newbies and humble the elites. I feel Cryptic has done just that.

My GWF has not gone far enough to give a proper number. He is in the 2nd area of reclamation rock. So, he is still a newbie in mod 6. So far, he did not spend much for injury kit or pot. May be you can consider I cheat on pot because after battle I can just summon my battle medic to regen my GWF (who has 0 regen) and then summon the BDIS back.

So, so far, the HP pot I pick up is more than I use during battle.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow, seriously, my post got deleted already? It wasn't even a bad one.

Anyway...

No, you don't have to do all the new zones, just all the quests in Spinward Rise. However, and as I've been telling my guild, you may as well grind them out, because outside of local dragons, you're not going to find better/easier XP.

The daily TOD quests will net you much more XP for much less time. Though they can only be done once a day, I think you can net at least 7k per quest (I was getting 9k), at least 2 quests per area (so 18k for me), times 5 areas and the portal quest....I think you can easily get 100k xp just doing those quests with Azure XP enchants, and this takes about an hour or two if unlucky with dragons. I doubt you can get that much XP int he new areas.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, XP-wise, the EE zones are fairly lousy. Get more by starting with something just below 60 which you didn't do yet - Rothé Valley, Hotenow, Whispering Caves... ...quest XP there are way faster and easier to achieve and higher, too. Also, there's at least some pretense at a storyline. Plus - HRs, and SWs ! - more space for dodging and manoeuvering than in Drowned Shore and Reclamation Rock.
    edited April 2015
    I tried the WoD dailies and they gave out less XP than the EE areas. The only things I found that did not have reduced XP... were the Common Cause/ ToD areas (Neverdeath, Ebon Downs, Icespire, Whispering Caverns and Rothe).

I was offered dailies in WoD with rewards of 1890 XP... and I have inscribed clothes with a 20% XP boost. I got the same XP offered to me in IWD, DR and Sharandar and based on the steroid injection that everything got in there... I chose to grind. Granted... I moved forward through areas instead of doing 48 in each area.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i`m dumb, didn`t know about artifacts and just xp boosted almost the whole 10 levels, because it looked like a horrible repeating grind of the same quests.
    guess i`m one of those that need it more simpler with what you do and where for.
    i still am kind of in need to look where to begin.
    or i don`t know, just need the mainhand thing to make set with the lvl 70 offhand
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just go do Spinward Rise and do the 3 sub-zone task forces there.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    (1) Go to Spinward Rise
    (2) Talk to first Main Quest Switchboard Person there (Yellow exclamation mark over the head) who gives you a "Do 16 Vigilance Quests"-quest
    (3) Several other people get yellow exclamation marks. Talk to them, accept and resolve 16 quests from these in total
    (4) Main Quest Switchboard Person will now have a question mark and refer you to questing area 2.
    (5) Rinse, repeat (2) - (4) with changed personnel and quests in Zone two, get referral to zone three.
    (6) Rinse, repeat (2) - (4) with changed personnel and quests in Zone three, get Grand Finale Quest, which gives you an Elemental Seed, and which you then hand in at the Scruffy Old Lady Druid at the Tree of Elements in PE. Bingo!

So, 52 quests, 3 of which are automatically resolved by doing the other quests...