test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vigilance Quests in Fiery Pit not being counted :-(

qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I am stuck in the Fiery Pit. Even though I have successfully completed significantly more than the required 16 vigilance quests, the counter in my log is not showing them. It has stopped at 12/16. I can do the quests and get the regular rewards of Exp, money, Elemental Fire and occasional Elemental Aggregate but the counter sits at 12. Is anyone else having a similar problem in this area ?

For the record, I have tried clearing my quests from my log, logging in and out with both short and long breaks in-between and going to other maps, carrying out a few activities or quests and then returning to try a new quest back in the Fiery Pit. All to no avail. I cannot get my count above 12/16. I've leveled up to 70 in the past couple of days while I've been stuck there, so some good has come of it but I would really like to finish this section so I continue the main quest.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Make sure you're accepting quests from the appropriate quest-givers for whichever vigilance task force you're on.

Grogbi Ironbeard and Horath Pegra give quests for the first sub-zone, then you move to quests from Farah Dahl and Thannis Beke, and finally from Lucas Shaneway III and Captain Montrose (who is also giving you the choice of "Making the Rounds" I, II, or III for each sub-zone).

You can continue to take quests from the other quest-givers -- just as you could go back to the Drowned Shores and do quests there if you wanted to -- but only quests from the current sub-zone will count for your vigilance task.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I thought they could do better with labeling the vigilance quests here in this zone like they did in Spinward Rise. You could see right away if you were picking the right quest or not. Having to remember which person gave which area vigilance started to test my memory.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Make sure you're accepting quests from the appropriate quest-givers for whichever vigilance task force you're on.

Grogbi Ironbeard and Horath Pegra give quests for the first sub-zone, then you move to quests from Farah Dahl and Thannis Beke, and finally from Lucas Shaneway III and Captain Montrose (who is also giving you the choice of "Making the Rounds" I, II, or III for each sub-zone).

You can continue to take quests from the other quest-givers -- just as you could go back to the Drowned Shores and do quests there if you wanted to -- but only quests from the current sub-zone will count for your vigilance task.
    Many thanks for that information. I had not realised you had to get the Fiery Pit quests in such a specific order. If I can work out which ones I need to go to for the last four I need, then all will be well. I will report back later on my progress :)
  • sumtasumta Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they did a better job of it in the air zone then they did the fire. other zones were easier because it sent you to a select 3 in one corner or another.
    edited April 2015
    OK, it turns out the only quests that still counted were from Farah Dahl. I completed those to reach my 16 and can now see and start on the ones from Lucas Shaneway and Captain Montrose. A little more help on this little detail in the game itself would definitely be a good idea.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If it's any consolation, my partner and I did probably 40 vigilance quests in Drowned Shore after Mod 6 came along, and not a single one counted because we were partied together.

They have since fixed that particular bug, but we wasted two days on that "oversight".

But yeah.. Fiery Pit is convoluted. It would really help had they "numbered" the zones. I, II, III.

Of course, spreading out the quest-givers like they did also adds to the colossal pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as well.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    edited April 2015
    Thanks to the advice given earlier in this thread, I have now completed the Fiery Pit quests and taken the seed to the tree back in PE. So my next problem is what happens next ? I got my OH artifact after hitting level 70 easily enough but my Yellow Quest Trail seems to have come to an end. I now have no idea who I need to speak to next :( Rough translation: HELP !!! ......please :)
    edited April 2015
    OK, sussed it. Picked up the 'Riding the Winds' quest from Brokar Ironshod on Spinward Rise. Back on course again :)
  • stormboundsoulstormboundsoul Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In Spinward Rise I have completed over 31 vigilant quests in the avia landing area (first area) at 16 vigilant quests, I was able to complete, get reward, and accept the " Riding the winds " quest where u have to get 4 lesser uncharged runes and charge them. Every time i charge all 4 it says i need to go to the lesser obelisk gate thingie but riding the wind then asks for 4 nore more uncharged lesser runes.
    I have completed, abandoned 2x and i cannot get past to the 2nd level....I am lvl 70 but would like to complete it to get my main hand weapon. I am very frustrated......Has this hapened to anyone else? I tried to open a ticket but that seems broken as well.
    please help me.
    thx in advance.......I cant get GM help for some reason....stuck in an endless loop :(