test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Help! Newbie here building a pure DPS GWF Destroyer Swordmaster

tripleckentriplecken Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Militia Barracks
Hey guys , an extremely newbie here. Created a GWF and I need guide such as Feats , Powers (where should i distribute). And I guess for pure DPS , I'm going for the Destroyer Path. At the moment , level 6. Still leveling! And on stats , I start with 20 str 13 dex 13 con (Human) and planning to go for +1 str , +1 dex every level where I can distribute. Mod 6 btw , in case anyone confuse if I'm playing on xbox
Post edited by triplecken on

Comments

• Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this calc is dated, but feats smth like this, add 5 points in the middle to the aoe dmg feat, about powers i dont really care i have a lot of extra pts and really just use spinning, indomitable str, avalanche of steel, indomitable battle strike, frontline surge and the lvl 65 hidden daggers, as features destroyer and weapon master, at lower levels not so fast and restoring strike

for dps its about all u need
    http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=iyf:1vb0zw:209qrk,13ilu3i:100000:1uu551:15u000&h=1&p=ivn

didnt notice its swordmaster - its kind of the same only you have to take some trash encounter in place of Frontline surge and weapon master strike in place of threatening rush,
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    this calc is dated, but feats smth like this, add 5 points in the middle to the aoe dmg feat, about powers i dont really care i have a lot of extra pts and really just use spinning, indomitable str, avalanche of steel, indomitable battle strike, frontline surge and the lvl 65 hidden daggers, as features destroyer and weapon master, at lower levels not so fast and restoring strike

for dps its about all u need
    http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=iyf:1vb0zw:209qrk,13ilu3i:100000:1uu551:15u000&h=1&p=ivn

didnt notice its swordmaster - its kind of the same only you have to take some trash encounter in place of Frontline surge and weapon master strike in place of threatening rush,

Very dated, like not mod 6. If you are xbox and do not have the new stuff available as per mod 5, go destro sentinel with full intimidation. This gives you two massive aoe dmg+buff/debuff - Daring shout and come and get it. Which you finish with is or restoring strike, depending on situation. if still 5/xbox your dailies should be slam and avalanche. Slam bugged for huge dmg + allows you to keep using at wills and encounters, avalanche is big dmg area with prone + allows you to escape death and heal. if you go sm, spec into weapon master strike, iron vanguard spec into mark buff.

If you are pc with 6, go sword master destroy all the way.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks guys , I'm playing on PC. Still leveling ! What do you guys think about the stats distribution on str and dex every time?

And few questions here..
    What is :
    1) Foundry Quest
    2) Crit Severity
    3) Is it okay to put str + dex every 10 levels or so..
    4) Do I get free full reset on feats , power , stat , etc. on higher level?

Edit : Okay I found out crit severity is crit damage :) and sorry for newbie questions
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    triplecken wrote: »
    Thanks guys , I'm playing on PC. Still leveling ! What do you guys think about the stats distribution on str and dex every time?

And few questions here..
    What is :
    1) Foundry Quest
    2) Crit Severity
    3) Is it okay to put str + dex every 10 levels or so..
    4) Do I get free full reset on feats , power , stat , etc. on higher level?

Edit : Okay I found out crit severity is crit damage :) and sorry for newbie questions

Con took huge nerf so feel free to basically ignore it. Hp comes from new gear. Only benefit of con is additional arp, so maybe 1-2 points depending on whether you plan to pvp or not, rest dext stre. Foundry quests are quests from player made foundry. Allows anyone to be 'dm' and create a in game scenario they want to play or share. Crit severity is th e bonus damage allotted your critical hits. You do NOT get a free respec unless they give it to you, i.e. new mods get free respect sometimes, not usually. Otherwise it is 300 zen to completely respec(no reroll on base stats ever though) or 117k ad to respec feats and boons only.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    baszun67 wrote: »
    Very dated, like not mod 6.

the feats are in same order, just added another tier between t2 and t3 + i think IV is better for a new player since it gives CC, and its easier to remember to mark than to WMS for a damage buff, it might not be top dps but it should be easier for a new player
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    methecsgodmethecsgod Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Stat roll : roll max Str and Dex

Abilities: all in Str and Dex

Features: Destroyer, Weapon Master
    Dailies: Crescendo, Spinning Strike/Savage Advance
    Encounters: IBS, Flourish, Hidden Daggers
    At-wills: Sure Strike, Weapon Master Strike

Feats: NmNTJ9t.jpg

Farm Alliance Assault blue set+rings. Plague Fire enchantment for weapon, Soulforged for armor.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Con took huge nerf so feel free to basically ignore it. Hp comes from new gear. Only benefit of con is additional arp, so maybe 1-2 points depending on whether you plan to pvp or not, rest dext stre. Foundry quests are quests from player made foundry. Allows anyone to be 'dm' and create a in game scenario they want to play or share. Crit severity is th e bonus damage allotted your critical hits. You do NOT get a free respec unless they give it to you, i.e. new mods get free respect sometimes, not usually. Otherwise it is 300 zen to completely respec(no reroll on base stats ever though) or 117k ad to respec feats and boons only.

117k? So with the level cap increase by 10, they also raised the AD to respec by ~45k?
    nice.... lol If anything Respec should cost 1k per LEVEL...
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    methecsgod wrote: »

Farm Alliance Assault blue set+rings. Plague Fire enchantment for weapon, Soulforged for armor.

Thank you buddy ! :D Sorry for the troublesome but do you have a gameplay video or so somewhere? I would like to see it's final form gameplay!

Edit : Reached level 16 ! Which companion should I choose hmm? I guess healer is the best??
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Swordmaster no staying power? Would not copy this.
  • Options
    methecsgodmethecsgod Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Swordmaster no staying power? Would not copy this.
    Most of your damage comes from at-wills, not encounters. Welcome to mod 6.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thank you buddy ! :D Sorry for the troublesome but do you have a gameplay video or so somewhere? I would like to see it's final form gameplay!

Edit : Reached level 16 ! Which companion should I choose hmm? I guess healer is the best??

You come play my character too? Has 2g to hire
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Most of your damage comes from at-wills, not encounters. Welcome to mod 6.

You are mistaken for pvp. Our only immune frames are in encounters and one daily.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You come play my character too? Has 2g to hire

What do you mean hmm?

Anyway I reached level 22 but I have no idea where else to levelup , can't seem to find many quest right here..
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What do you mean hmm?

Anyway I reached level 22 but I have no idea where else to levelup , can't seem to find many quest right here..

At 22 you can start the quest for the artifact, I think.
    As for gameplay, it's not very different at your level and in the endgame (level 70). There is a group of foes, you run to them, you sway your sword and either you kill them after a lengthy fight or they instant-kill you (and then you figure out that you should have picked TR instead).
    Playing a gwf is like playing Tekken or Counterstrike2, the background painting may change, your char attire may change, but the fights are the same.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    lewel555 wrote: »
    At 22 you can start the quest for the artifact, I think.
    As for gameplay, it's not very different at your level and in the endgame (level 70). There is a group of foes, you run to them, you sway your sword and either you kill them after a lengthy fight or they instant-kill you (and then you figure out that you should have picked TR instead).
    Playing a gwf is like playing Tekken or Counterstrike2, the background painting may change, your char attire may change, but the fights are the same.

I found some quest and so , sitting at level 26 right now. I like the attack speed with the determination :) well.. thats kinda "down-mood" for me. I'm looking forward into cool skills tho and huge damage numbers