test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

connecting issues with xbox one

fnlfantasy4everfnlfantasy4ever Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
I was excited when Neverwinter came out for xbox one and I have played it a few times, but now for 4 days in a row can not connect. I get server timed out or no shards available. I know that I am not the only one but really ?
Post edited by fnlfantasy4ever on

Comments

• Options
    ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Been playing with few connection problems. These usually happen when changing maps or sometimes while in a dungeon.

Not sure if this will help, but based on the instability of the game (had a few game freezes) I now reset the XB1 at the end of each night. (while XB1 is on, hold power button for at least 10secs, or unplug for 30secs). NW has it's issues, but the XB1 is responsible for some instability, as I have noticed issues with various games which a reset solves.

If you decide not to reset, at least manually close the app (start button > quit app) to remove it from memory.
  • Options
    fnlfantasy4everfnlfantasy4ever Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ill give it a try thanks for some input
  • Options
    ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You bet. Hopefully this will help to get you up n running.
  • Options
    jarjar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the connection issues are pretty bad on this game. I might just switch to the pc version I keep getting kicked out of dungeons or when im questing. or I start lagging out in a dungeon and I get kicked by the party cause i've fallen behind.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Been playing with few connection problems. These usually happen when changing maps or sometimes while in a dungeon.

Not sure if this will help, but based on the instability of the game (had a few game freezes) I now reset the XB1 at the end of each night. (while XB1 is on, hold power button for at least 10secs, or unplug for 30secs). NW has it's issues, but the XB1 is responsible for some instability, as I have noticed issues with various games which a reset solves.

If you decide not to reset, at least manually close the app (start button > quit app) to remove it from memory.

Or you're someone, like me, that hasn't had the reset steps work at all and Neverwinter actually causes me to lose my internet wired connection and disconnecting from Xbox Live. It's not until I get disconnected and close the app that I'm reconnected again. No amount of modem hard-boots work. This doesn't happen with any other game. I'm starting to chalk this up to server instability.