test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

neverwinter is great but the server disconnection sucks

madgodknightmadgodknight Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
ive been playing this for xbox one for about a month now and have yet to be able to level past 33 not because of how many times i dc. i get on and i party up with my friend and we start to quest or qeue for a dungeon and within 5-10 minutes into playing my game either crashes or the server times out or somehow i get disconnected and yet i enjoy the game the story is so far great and the dungeons i enjoy along with the skirmishes and the pvp but on the days/nights i want to just power level i get discouraged from it because of disconnection or it crashes. so i ask that something be done to make this less frequent or that it stops from happening so i can continue to enjoy this wonderful game otherwise im gonna just give this game up all together.
Post edited by madgodknight on

Comments

• ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    +1

the more I play the more I see these issues too. one thing I am now doing is literally resetting XB1 after each use to clear cache. It has helped in greatly reducing crashing/freezing. The DC's on the other hand...
  • madgodknightmadgodknight Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if clearing the cache works ill make sure to from now on but yeah the dc's are just to much of a major problem like the other night i was in a dungeon and i got dced an unprecedented amount of times
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ive been playing this for xbox one for about a month now...

How? Are you a time traveler?
    Doctor?
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • maltokamaltoka Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    Doctor, who?
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Or Neverwinter, coincidentally, causing my modem to drop my connection, thus dropping me from Xbox Live and DCing me from the game, anywhere from every 20-30 minutes, sometimes only every other hour. This never happens on any other online game I play on my Xbox, so I doubt it's an ISP issue.
  • reapermech86reapermech86 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it has been getting progressively worse with each update and the growing player base, the first week was not too bad a few Dc's but now its a server not responding every 15-45 seconds it took an hour to get from Sgt Knox to Rhix. been doing the hard resets after every map change just to play.

some people blame the xb1 HDD others blame the users ISP. IMO its the servers from neverwinter and xbl not playing nice with each other causing severe connection speed bumps
  • rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    Its like this in every mmo at launch and into some months after. Some things just break and need to be fixed or likewise are broken while fixing something else. Least the developers are actually doing something about it and staying fairly vocal about what they are doing.Lot of companies don't do that. When this happens to me i usually just have to reset my modem and then restart my xbox and the problem clears up or atleast when its the server not responding issue. That being said i don't think the disconnects and lag are on your side all the time as I've had this issue with entire groups lagging out at the boss in dungeons after playing the whole thing lag free. Its also pretty common when joining any dungeon,skirmish, or pvp match to see a couple people dropped from your group from a disconnect. usually you can just hang around the entrance when this happens and wait a few minutes for them to relog and they can get right back in as long as no one kicks them. It will get better eventually in the next month or two after things calm down a bit i would say
  • madgodknightmadgodknight Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    been playing it on the pc to is what i meant to say by over a month lol my bad >.<
  • fflymaxsterlingfflymaxsterling Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unfortunately, disconnection especially when moving between phases has been an issue nobody has been good at resolving on any console game... and it's doubtful this will get resolved anytime soon. The good news is the game is the right price... free. The bad news is, most people have little to no patience for this issue and will drop out at first sign of trouble.