test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dice in dungeon items

thepakothepako Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Today i won a great sword in a dungeon tier2 because i was the GWF and 4 pieces of **** kick me and steal me the sword, the game need a system.

If you win a great item the other players kick you and steal the item pff.

Sorry for my english.
Post edited by thepako on

Comments

• puxo1989puxo1989 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you need and win the item, its puts into your bag asap. So something sounds wrong ;o Or did you get kicked before everyone need/greed on it?
  • lost2uagainlost2uagain Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    puxo1989 wrote: »
    did you get kicked before everyone need/greed on it?

probably what happened, he went in as the only need while 3 went greed and the last decided too put up too vote to kick before going on item.
  • selicheturtarselicheturtar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i have dealt with players like this, yesterday I got voted out at the end after doing most of the work right before the chest opened. There are just some players like that out there.
  • wtfxmintberrywtfxmintberry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've read on these forums that you will get kicked when choosing "need" instead of "greed" on high end items. From what I can tell the community(some players) seem to want everyone to have the chance to get high end items. Even if that character can't use it it, he can sell it on the AH for AD use it for other characters, give it away, whatever. Its a system that gives everyone a chance.

If everyone choose greed but you choose need and say there were all friends and you were the random I would have kicked you also. But if you just won the item fairly then its a d*ck move by the other players.

edit: words and stuff
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For parties who care, it is strictly GREED on purple drops, no exceptions. Most PUGs really don't give a rats *** and just want to get through the dungeon without drama. I guess you ran into a stickler.
  • greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

If everyone choose greed but you choose need and say there were all friends and you were the random I would have kicked you also. But if you just won the item fairly then its a d*ck move by the other players.

edit: words and stuff

To be honest, I find that a ridiculous mentality. You all choose greed (knowing you can't use the item, it's not for your class), Yet the poor soul that can actually use it so therefore chooses 'need', because.. hey ho, he probably 'needs' it, gets booted? Ridiculous!
    You're the guys that are being greedy, not him.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Most purples are kind of useless, and just used to salvage for AD. That's why people don't like needers.
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To be honest, I find that a ridiculous mentality. You all choose greed (knowing you can't use the item, it's not for your class), Yet the poor soul that can actually use it so therefore chooses 'need', because.. hey ho, he probably 'needs' it, gets booted? Ridiculous!

You better adopt or learn it the hard way. Greed runs were the rule in Neverwinter PC, so it will be on XBOX.
    Why?

Well, the devs didn't listen to us to give us "Roll" and "Pass". That is why we are forced to greed epic equipment, so everyone got the same chance. There are some dungeons that nearly always drop DC stuff (Frozen Heart) or TR stuff (PK) or no loot for one class at all. It is just fair to greed.

You really need this item?
    Noone can check this or even cares. You will get your loot. If not now, then next run. At least you will get the seals, which are the major income in the future anyways. You somewhen will get your purple loot you can sell or salvage in order to get the stuff you want.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • wtfxmintberrywtfxmintberry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I usually play with friends and if someone needs an item I give it to them ..... if I was playing with randoms and I got a item they needed, and they messg. me asking for it I would give it to them... no problem. I'd hope to get the same treatment in return.

Regardless of how you or I feel about it everything I've read says you should greed everything and don't be surprised if you get kicked for doing otherwise. Mt stance is the system is dumb and it should be Need/pass only
  • poser13337poser13337 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i cant see how this is a problem lol its really simple greed is for if u can sell the item and dont acctually need it or will give to a buddy later if u get it NEED is self explanitory u need the item its better then what u have the logic of all greed is fair is the dumbest thing i have herd lol
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

To deal with this wait until everyone else has rolled. If you are the last person to roll you get the item before you can be kicked (assuming you are the only person rolling need.)

If not everyone rolls to see what you're going to do just wait until right before the loot timer runs out.

I hate entitled jerks that think that their AD is more important than letting other people improve their characters,
    That being said be honest about it just because you can need roll something doesn't mean you actually need it, only roll need if it will improve your character .
    21.jpg
  • xclusiv3636xclusiv3636 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My take on dungeons and why the norm should be set that greed on boe epic/blues unless all can need...

Everyone that goes into the dungeon is there for loot and AD, just because it matches your class doesn't mean we don't need it for an alt, our companions, a guildy, etc. it was considered proper etiquette to roll greed so everyone has an equal nrg chance on the item. This would also help with the mass kicks being done on dungeon runs because the norm is need everything currently, who legitly wants extra competition on items when ultimately that's what everyone is there for?

To each their own, but personally greed unless NEED is the way to go. If you don't equip it, expect a kick if running in a group that has multiple friends or guildies in it or if at the start the loot rolls are discussed.
  • devtraxdevtrax Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i dont think thats fair if im the only cleric in the group healing everyone and a piece drops that i need i should be entitled to it since i NEED it and not the other guys cause they wanna make some easy diamonds thats a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, have some etiquette please.
    Coco Legrand (DC)
    Thrall (GWF)
    WickedElm (OP)
  • devtraxdevtrax Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if you want gear for a guildy or companion or an alt you should be running Dungeons with members only from your guild you can't just go into a pug and expect to want everything, everyone plays a vital part in completing the dungeon and i believe that if there's a piece that i need to upgrade my character and u say u need it for your guildy maybe your guildy should be playing himself.
    Coco Legrand (DC)
    Thrall (GWF)
    WickedElm (OP)
  • axemthegreataxemthegreat Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't have a problem giving something to someone who needs it. The problem comes in when the person is given the option to need on something when he/she may not actually need it, and the system gives them an unfair advantage to get extra loot over the rest of the group. That's not cool. You're basically using the honor system at that point to expect that person to choose greed, and as we all know, that doesn't happen as often as it should. Well, they choose greed.....just not in the rolling options..... ;)