test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Put a buyout price on your auction house posts

xpaddymacxxpaddymacx Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Yes I know the auction house in this game is horrendous. But I do browse it from time to time. Why doesn't anyone put a buyout price on their stuff? Chances are I am not going to need/want that thing you have up there in 5 days so I won't be bidding on it, and it will be back in your mailbox in 5 days. If you put a buyout on it, I might buy it and give you some AD. Yes, I probably will be wasting my money on an impulse buy, but you will profit from people like me.
Post edited by xpaddymacx on

Comments

• Options
    loops1973loops1973 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with you..why doesn't anyone put a buyout? I do with all my stuff
  • Options
    wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I always buyout when purchasing! I cant be bothered playing the bidding wars!

Thanks

• Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xpaddymacx wrote: »
    Yes I know the auction house in this game is horrendous. But I do browse it from time to time. Why doesn't anyone put a buyout price on their stuff? Chances are I am not going to need/want that thing you have up there in 5 days so I won't be bidding on it, and it will be back in your mailbox in 5 days. If you put a buyout on it, I might buy it and give you some AD. Yes, I probably will be wasting my money on an impulse buy, but you will profit from people like me.

Probably because they're using the automated valuation - it places buyout on common or quest items, and none on less common ones.

Personally I'd prefer to get the most I can, and there's nothing to stop you re-posting it in the AH once you're done with it.

Also nothing to stop you only bidding on stuff with less than 5 days to run, either...
  • Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Also nothing to stop you only bidding on stuff with less than 5 days to run, either...

I think within this day and age people want what they want and they want it now.

Waiting 5 days for an in-game item? No thank you.
  • Options
    hydrosmurf75hydrosmurf75 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015

In five days people could have leveled two characters to lvl 60 in this game...

Let alone outgrew/found a replacement for the item you were selling, so yes please put a buyout people lol.
  • Options
    backpacktheteambackpacktheteam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im glad im not the only one that spends hours on the auction house yelling at my screen because people want me to check on my item in 4-5 days or something is completely overpriced
  • Options
    david44567david44567 Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2015
    When looking through the auction keep going through all the ones without buy nows show first :)
  • Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    david44567 wrote: »
    When looking through the auction keep going through all the ones without buy nows show first :)

Uh what did you just say?
  • Options
    hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unless something has changed auction fees are set based on a % of the starting bid and or the buyout price. On cheap items you can lose money on a buyout fee pretty easily, so the better strategy is to set a low starting bid and hope that with-in those 5 days a bidding war starts. Level 60 stuff is likely to have buyouts on a count of their high prices and high profit margins.
  • Options
    morgonmgcmorgonmgc Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2015
    I personally don't put a buyout value on my posts because:
    A) I generally get more AD from auction-style posts.
    B) My auction shows first (or at least 'earlier'), because of the way the default sorting works.