test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Dailies from PE

brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Other than a minuscule amount of EXP, what is the point of these dailies?

They do not contribute to a campaign, they do not give any items, they dont advance any kind of story line. Is it just a vehicle for Minsc and Boo to be included in the game? I see no reason to do them at all... They have no current purpose. Why are they there for? Does anyone know?
Post edited by briseda on

Comments

• cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am puzzled as well. They dont seem to count towards any larger goal other than the listed reward. The reward is hardly worth doing the quest for.
  • sumtasumta Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    matierals for level 25 alchemy to make the new epic armor better

not like it matters, cant farm the new gear
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    briseda wrote: »

They do not contribute to a campaign, they do not give any items, they dont advance any kind of story line. Is it just a vehicle for Minsc and Boo to be included in the game? I see no reason to do them at all... They have no current purpose. Why are they there for? Does anyone know?
    I feel they could've done a far better job incorporating Minsc and Boo into the Elemental Evil storyline. They could've accompanied you on several missions in each of the "new" areas, even if it were during the third set of vigilance quests or the corresponding "boss" lairs. The way they currently have it, is just a big let down compared to the hype they drummed up. I was expecting more.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's just for leveling and for the bots.
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Artist: I have this cool storyline with this simple-minded barbaria, look at those two demo missions i've done to show the potential.
    Boss: Hell, that's great! How much can we expect to get for near naught for our fixed release date next month?
    Artist: Well, …
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel they could've done a far better job incorporating Minsc and Boo into the Elemental Evil storyline. They could've accompanied you on several missions in each of the "new" areas, even if it were during the third set of vigilance quests or the corresponding "boss" lairs. The way they currently have it, is just a big let down compared to the hype they drummed up. I was expecting more.

What storyline???
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    briseda wrote: »

You get some decent xp for it, and it seems the drop rate from hoards havent been nerfed in those two dungeons, so thats something i guess..
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lordrhavin wrote: »
    Artist: I have this cool storyline with this simple-minded barbaria, look at those two demo missions i've done to show the potential.
    Boss: Hell, that's great! How much can we expect to get for near naught for our fixed release date next month?
    Artist: Well, …

Actually, Minsc is (well, originally was) a Ranger.

And he's an untreated schizophrenic to boot.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You get a free rank 5 or possibly blue mark, there are lots of skill nodes which also give you rank 5s, it's easy xp for even your weakest character because Minsc is a great tank...

Pretty good for 5 minutes work.
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think it's just a couple of dailies that exist for the sole purpose of 'dispensing justice' with Minsc and Boo.
    You may as well enjoy their company for the 3 whole quests they're in since they don't contribute anything else to the game other than being a static decoration in PE.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!