test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't log in at all

jottnarjottnar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm having a different log in problem than the other one started yesterday. When I double click the NW icon, I successfully get to the launcher which auto-connects me to my account, it goes through the patching process and I can click the play button. After doing so I get to the black & white cryptic page, but the bar on the bottom never moves. If I alt ctrl del out task manager says that the NW program has stopped working. Two days ago I could get in but was having the old problem of it taking 30 seconds to update graphics when I changed zones. Now I can't get in at all.
Post edited by jottnar on

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you try safe mode (options in client window)? That has worked for me in the past.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    jottnarjottnar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No, that didn't work either.
  • Options
    neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just random here, before typing your password in; have you gone to options and unticked on demand patching? Then sign in as it downloads another patch but I found personally after I downloaded that that I got in.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hi,

My environment must be different. I only play on my home computer which I control. When I double click the NW icon it loads up Arc and auto-connects me to my account. From Arc the NW launcher window opens, it looks for a patch (and patches if necessary) and then the play button lights up. I don't actually enter my account name or PW, that is happening on the back end. I've tried double clicking the NW icon from file manager from where it resides in a deep folder on my hard drive but that didn't work either. I can try what you suggest from that icon I guess.
  • Options
    cyphrus42cyphrus42 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am getting forcibly logged out constantly. It loses connectivity to the game server and I have to log in again. It just sits there saying connecting to server. Multiple times I can't even get to the game and get stuck at the main login screen. It says connecting to controller tracker and just sits there. There is nothing wrong with my internet. Everything else works fine.
  • Options
    renandoidoxrenandoidox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same i cant get in , after loading my client just stop working , if i click anything it will crash
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hi Neuro,

I did try your suggestion and made it download the patch in one bite. Still no luck. Hopefully this morning's patch will help.
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im getting an error code 34 file could not be updated
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, the patch didn't help. I still get to the loading screen then the program becomes non-responsive. Sigh. It did work after the initial new content was added, horrible graphics loading problems but I could get in. Now I'm completely dead in the water.
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    me too I cant log in
  • Options
    z0skiiz0skii Member Posts: 85
    edited April 2015
    Same it seem that i cant get pass the loading phase & everytime i click on the widow it blinks out and starts loading again.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    UPDATE: If I start the launcher in safe mode and NOT in full screen and don't touch anything until I get to the character screen the game will launch. If I start in full window or try to maximize the little window while it is loading, it locks up. There is still the horribly long time for graphics to load when I enter a zone (everything is in rectangles) but at least I can get in.
  • Options
    sithlordgoofysithlordgoofy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here i got on after the patch this morning graphics where horrible, now i cant get any farther then befor game is crashing again
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jottnar wrote: »
    UPDATE: If I start the launcher in safe mode and NOT in full screen and don't touch anything until I get to the character screen the game will launch. If I start in full window or try to maximize the little window while it is loading, it locks up. There is still the horribly long time for graphics to load when I enter a zone (everything is in rectangles) but at least I can get in.

One of my guildmates has to do the same thing to be able to get into the game.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    norisman1norisman1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jottnar wrote: »
    I'm having a different log in problem than the other one started yesterday. When I double click the NW icon, I successfully get to the launcher which auto-connects me to my account, it goes through the patching process and I can click the play button. After doing so I get to the black & white cryptic page, but the bar on the bottom never moves. If I alt ctrl del out task manager says that the NW program has stopped working. Two days ago I could get in but was having the old problem of it taking 30 seconds to update graphics when I changed zones. Now I can't get in at all.

I had the very same issue, could not get past the Neverwinter logo page, so I did a uninstall of all PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Games/Files, and ran a full level III PC maintenance: Start with a AVAST Anti-Virus and Anti-Malicious Software Deep Scan/Boot Scan, (Microsoft Windows) or whatever your O.S. Disc Clean-Sweep, and a Defrag HDD (No Defrag If Using An SSD), and make sure all P.C. Hardware & Software Drivers are up to date newest versions by doing a manual select update driver option on all.
    Manually Reset All P.C. CPU, GPU, ROM, RAM 3-D Graphics Options & Settings to Maximin Optimal Performance and minimum quality then restart PC. Reinstall PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Game/Neverwinter and let it Update New Mod6 Elemental Evil.

When patch completes log into game, at main screen/character select, open Options, reset all game options settings to match P.C. options settings for maximum optimal preformance CPU min quality GPU; also make sure to reset BLOOM from its default 100% to min 10% and Turn Anti Aliasing to OFF. Now click APPLY and click SAVE U.I., now log into character, once in game zone map/instance open options/settings, click LOAD U.I., click APPLY, click SAVE U.I.
    *If you have alt character then log each one in and repeat on all. this way you do not accidentally revert to old saved u.i. settings at some later date*

Now then, you now have removed all old modules outdated/corrupted data and reinstalled a fresh new copy of all model 6 data, you have stream lined both your PC hardware/software and the game options and settings for maximum optimal preformance speed. the game will still look great and will run faster than before with min load time, max action/reaction time and min lag.

FYI: Keep in mind this is only on your PC's side of the 3 way data flow path between your PC's (Hardware/Software/Game Client Data Processing Speed Time) and your Internet Service Provider aka I.S.P. Data (in/out - down/up) flow speed time. You I.S.P. High-Speed-Broadband Package Mbps.
    ((Mbps stands for millions of bits per second or megabits per second and is a measure of bandwidth; the total information flow over a given time on a telecommunications medium.))

And the PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Game/D&D Neverwinter Online Main Server and its C.N.S.
    (Computer Networking Systems Worldwide) and the geographical locations.
    The PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Games/D&DNO Main Server is located in Boston MA. U.S. East Coast Time Zone
    (-5 GMT UCT)

The distance between your PC/and your I.S.P. Main CNS and its local cns nodes and the PWE/Cryptic/Arc/Game/D&DNO Main Server in Boston, MA. U.S. EST. (-5 GMT UCT)
    Will also have an effect on your PC's/ISP/PWE CNS data flow speed times. so in closing try to keep in mind that you can only have any effect on 2 of the 3, your PC hardware/software type/config, options settings, your I.S.P. Mbps High Speed Broadband width Package type.
    The average I.S.P. in U.S. north American 48 states will offer a min of 6 Mbps up to 100 Mbps with some I.S.P. Like Verison Digital Fiber Optical Offering a home/small business class up to 300 Mbps.
    Availability of Fiber Optical Cable access may very depending on your local area.

I am currently using Xfinity/Comcast 105Extreme High Speed Broadband.
    Based in the Philadelphia, PA metro area.
    That is less than 200 miles from the PWE Main Server in Boston MA. U.S.
    Average Ping: between 5ms-10ms 100 Mbps DownLoad, 25 Mbps UPLoad

Current Internet Speed Test Readings Results:
    http://results.speedtest.comcast.net.../873455684.png.

My Current P.C. Custom Design Home Build Specs from Feb 2013: Present Date.
    AMD FX-8350 Piledriver (Vishera) 4.0GHz (Eight Core) 32nm, AM3+ 8MB Cache
    AMD FX High Performance Liquid Cooling system
    ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX AM3+, SLI & Crossfirex, SATA3, USB 3.0
    16GB (2x8GB) PC14900 DDR3 1866 Dual Channel (high performance memory)
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB PCI Express 16x dual head DVI, HDMI
    128.0 GB SSD Crucial M4 Series Solid State Drive, SATA3 6.0Gb/s, 500MBs
    1000.0 GB Western Digital Black 7200RPM SATA 3 6.0Gb/s 64m cache
    LG 22x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW
    Realtek HD digital audio (onboard)
    Wireless 802.11 N 300MBs Network Card PCI Express
    Cooler Master HAF-922 USB 3 black, front USB 3.0 & eSATA
    Corsair 750W ultra quiet ATX Power Supply, SLI & X-fire ready
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit DVD w/SP1
    http://www.magicmicro.com/pricelist.asp?cid=29
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm still stuck only being able to get in using safe mode. I've got a Titan Z card, latest drivers, any suggestions?
  • Options
    karlieariakarliearia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello! after a few days of playing I got disconnected from the server and an error occured. It says "Cryptic launcher Autoupdate" it said it was trying to connect and that it tried 23 times, then an error pops up saying that it can't connect to the server. I have tried restarting my computer, my internet and uninstalling the game. I then reinstalled it, but the same thing happens.

The patcher/launcher itself never really opens. I've tried finding a solution on the forums. One of the suggestions was to download this file called "Nevervinter.exe" and to replace it with the "Neverwinter.exe" in the installed location so in my case D/Igre/Neverwinter/ I replaced that file with this one i have downloaded but the same thing happens again.

I've tried skipping the launcher, by trying to start the game trough "GameClient" found in the game folder that I downloaded trough Arc. It was not a success. Afer I logged into my account it started connecting, but an error occured saying that the connection timed out. I need a fix for this problem. I posted a ticket, but I got an email from them saying they are loaded with tickets and that it will be adressed "soon" Please help, I would be so grateful.