test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Loading Screen Crash

halfa687halfa687 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I keep crashing at the Neverwinter Loading Screen. I get past the Cryptic screen, and get to the neverwinter load screen. It then sits there. I have let it load for 20 mins with no affect. If I click, then it says that the game has stopped responding. I have tried using safe mode and a complete re-install. Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just random here, before typing your password in; have you gone to options and unticked on demand patching? Then sign in as it downloads another patch but I found personally after I downloaded that that I got in.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • Options
    snail1snail1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got the exact same issue doing the above didn't work :(
  • Options
    spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just random here, before typing your password in; have you gone to options and unticked on demand patching? Then sign in as it downloads another patch but I found personally after I downloaded that that I got in.

^This usually works. Getting SERVER NOT RESPONDING now, when I can get to the OPTIONS menu I will select Force VERIFY and patch from there.

Usually after this I can get back into the game.
  • Options
    halfa687halfa687 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    I turned off On Demand Patching, but it didn't work. Still crashing at the loading screen. Tried a Force Verify, but didn't work either. I just noticed that when the game gets to the Neverwinter Loading Screen, a white box flashes in the background. Any idea what that is? Could that be causing the crashes?
  • Options
    grull586grull586 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i got the same here
  • Options
    solistarianasolistariana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    halfa687 wrote: »
    I keep crashing at the Neverwinter Loading Screen. I get past the Cryptic screen, and get to the neverwinter load screen. It then sits there. I have let it load for 20 mins with no affect. If I click, then it says that the game has stopped responding. I have tried using safe mode and a complete re-install. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the exact same issue. I haven't been able to login for over a week. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, launched in safe mode, and forced verification.

I'm a new player and new to the forums. What are the chances of us receiving assistance with this?
  • Options
    renandoidoxrenandoidox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue , it started today for some reason , i tried to re-install and didnt worked , it wont go to the logging/character screen , just sits on the "Neverwinter" / sponsors
  • Options
    dragoncultistdragoncultist Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've got this exact same problem: it gets to the Neverwinter & sponsors screen then stops loading. I've observed the process and when it gets to this stage the amount of RAM it gets flatlines and the CPU attention it receives drops to zero, with a little 1% twitch here and there.

I'm now launching in safe mode with forced verification working but I don't anticipate success. This started happening before the Strongholds patch but probably after the patch before that.
  • Options
    ozzynl88ozzynl88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem here as well.
    It started for me after the stronghold update.
    I get past the cryptic loading fine.
    But in the NW loading I see a which box flash and for a second get back to desktop only to switch back and be stuck.]

Tried all the above and no result here eighter.
    Not sure if there is a known fix yet or if a update for this bug will come.
  • Options
    yella0neyella0ne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    ye got the same problem here
    sometimes it gets past the loading screen but when i load my character it crashes again?
    help please
  • Options
    massassassin69massassassin69 Member Posts: 7 New User
    > @dragoncultist said:
    > I've got this exact same problem: it gets to the Neverwinter & sponsors screen then stops loading. I've observed the process and when it gets to this stage the amount of RAM it gets flatlines and the CPU attention it receives drops to zero, with a little 1% twitch here and there.
    >
    > I'm now launching in safe mode with forced verification working but I don't anticipate success. This started happening before the Strongholds patch but probably after the patch before that.

Doing safe mode with forced verification wont help any, ive talked to support and they keep telling me to do the same thing over and over again and nothing is working I knowits not my computer but I thought maybe if i uninstall and reinstall it would work but havnt tried it yet.
  • Options
    elifarielifari Member Posts: 1 New User
    same problem here
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    In order to keep everything in one spot, all threads about the graphics crash issue are being closed and redirected to the thread that StrumSlinger (Andy) created, with a list of possible fixes. Please go here to continue this discussion. Thank you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.