test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon artifact weapons

anguryangury Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm I correct in saying I need to buy 6 of these;

1969839a0b61d7c99665820e9f0deed6.png

to buy 1 of these;

fc0844e8034e2016cd984fb870daf459.png

Was just a bit unsure as 1 is called 'dragon forged steel' and the other is called 'shard of dragon forged steel'
sorry if this is a nooby question but i'm still learning and I don't want to go waste money buying the wrong item lol.
Post edited by angury on

Comments

• zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    angury wrote: »
    I'm I correct in saying I need to buy 6 of these;
    Was just a bit unsure as 1 is called 'dragon forged steel' and the other is called 'shard of dragon forged steel'
    sorry if this is a nooby question but i'm still learning and I don't want to go waste money buying the wrong item lol.

No. Dragon Forged Steel are one of the 3 things you need for the Campaign Task in your ToD Campaign (along with a Dragon Gem and a Dragon Bone).

You then have a chance with that Campaign Task (I think it's called "Dragonforged Artifacts", although I'm at work so.. you have a chance to get the version of the artifact you want.

IF you don't, you salvage it. You then get 2 of those 6 things you need. Shard of Dragon Forged Steel? Anyway, this means you can FAIL 3 times, salvaging each one, and then you'll have the 6 you need to JUST BUY THE RIGHT ONE.

This mechanic is essentially, a consolation prize for trying 3 times. If you fail 3 times, you at least get the one you want.

This was all back in Mod5. Not sure how Mod6 works, but I think it also includes finishing the 3 quest zones of Spinward Rise.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No.

Make it to level 70 and get a better artifact off-hand for free.

Finish Spinward Rise and get a better main hand artifact for free.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • anguryangury Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is all so confusing, I have no clue where I need to head to get better gear, everywhere I go is too difficult. :/ everyone I inspect has full purple sets, I back with blue with some greens.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a new-ish player you just have hit the game at the most inopportune moment - all "old" gear is no longer available, and the new gear is mostly not yet implemented, or only available when you don't really need it any longer. We "oldies" had the chance to gather the necessary currencies, which are now so difficult to obtain, before Mod 6 hit, and that's been way easier.

Two things are readily available, though: That weapon and that off-hand. And as instynctive correctly explained: Get to level 70 and get that off hand, and then or during that process, complete the quests in Spinward Rise, which gets you the weapon as reward. During your quests towards Spinward Rise you'll acquire a ragtag collection of blue and green quest reward items, which are more often than not better suited to the high damage you'll have to survive in Mod 6 content, even though they're less gratifying in terms of overall stat gain. This doesn't render them unuseable, quite the opposite.

So what to do now for you:

a) find people to party up with and go through the Elemental Evil campaign => get level 70, weapon & off-hand.
    b) When Lvl 70: Find people to party up with and go through the daily quests in Well of the Dragons => high-end blue armor set purchaseable at the vendor there for 20 days' task rewards. Careful, though, most of the tasks are tough to solo even for fully geared players. You will need 60 Dragon Fangs and 200 Dragon Hoard Coins for the whole set...

The easiest way there might be to join a guild. Or found one with other people left out in the rain like you.