test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Class-Crippling Changes Thread

arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
(Almost) every class took a bit of a hit come Mod 6. Except CWs- someone saw those and apparently thought they needed buffs and useful new feats. This thread is for organized complaints about awful, hurtful changes that make your class (or certain specs) unfairly weak. Please focus on your MAIN CLASS, the one you play most and have the most knowledge of. I'll start, feel free to fill in my blanks.

Gutted Class: Scourge Warlock

I'm a SW main- one of the classes with the most to be upset about with Mod 6. I played Mod 6 from about the time it went onto Preview, and it was awful. I posted in the official SW feedback thread, all over the forums about it. My biggest complaint was the loss of lifesteal- the class was DESIGNED with lifesteal as a core stat- lifesteal in its old form. A high risk, high reward setup that entails standing in stupid, stopping and standing still for seconds at a time to cast your biggest spells, locking yourself down. All that this mod has done is take away the reward for that playstyle!

What happened? Well, for starters- Tyrannical Threat got cut in half. That, in itself, is a perfectly acceptable nerf. It was a bit over the top, and as a Temptation/Hellbringer warlock focusing on DoT for the reliable healing, I barely used it. That was about the only justifiable nerf, cutting back on the stupid DPS warlocks so many complained about. Adding on to that, they nerfed the class again by failing to give another survivability mechanism (a real dodge, more mitigation, more stamina at least..) Now I'll go over the unnecessary underdog nerfs by spec!

Fury: This one has me furious. The Fury capstone was given a flat nerf- the damage doubling capstone now just does an additional 60%. That damage did NOT go back into the class at large elsewhere. Just a flat nerf. In addition, it's still necrotic-only! Damnation now does more damage than this tree, according to ACT logs our should-be class advocate posted in the SW feedback thread.

Damnation: The 'lesser of three evils', Damnation is now the only spec putting out the damage you'd expect from the SW. They're the only spec that doesn't have to sacrifice something to get the buffed mod6 soul puppet, and in fact get it for free and upgrade it to level 5 for free. Killing Flames and Accursed Souls optional. The biggest problem with this spec? Even without the feat, puppets generate disproportionate Threat and die. They also get stuck on terrain or behind doors and don't have a leash range. Nice.

Temptation: MY BABY, WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU? Dark Revelry was the only good thing to happen to this tree. It's now a tree to invest in up to tier 3, and even then you're more or less wasting at least 5 points depending on your spec. The Temptation capstone got a massive nerf- on top of the massive lifesteal nerf. At level 60, unscaled, my lifesteal went from 17% to around 10%. As the new capstone is 100% instead of 200% lifesteal, those two stack up to reduce Temptation healing to LESS THAN ONE THIRD of what it used to be. In addition to that, my 'dutiful healer' build (one that sacrifices some damage to stay alive and put out consistent healing) consisted of Dreadtheft, Warlock's Bargain, and harrowstorm; the new capstone is 1/3 as effective on AoEs. Essentially, this means Temptation Warlocks rest somewhere in the zone of 1/3 to 1/9 their old effectiveness- which was BALANCED by the weaknesses of the class and the fact that they don't self-heal as much as clerics, or have as much utility/CC/buff potential.

TL;DR: The devs took away everything SWs had going for them and gave one token buff that benefits only one spec, and one useful feat in an otherwise mutilated tree.

Try to keep on-topic if you reply, focus on specific issues with your class, and stick to the format I used here to keep this useful, coherent feedback instead of a nerf/buff post: <Commentary> <Class-wide> <Tree> <Tree> <Tree> <TL;DR>
A <Friendly Dragon>!
Post edited by arakk00 on

Comments

• Options
    rubysmashrubysmash Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A Bit of a hit????
    What if your character is so broken that you are taking a hiatus from the game all together.
    This will be my posting of what MOD 6 has totally utterly broke on my character as well as what I see on other character functions NOT functioning properly.
    To start off this MOD was not ready for release in my opinion it was rushed out now we all suffer. Wake up people it would not be as hard as it now is if our character spells would function properly.
    I play a Devoted Cleric and these are the known issues I am having with my character.
    Bastion Of Health being thrown down under a person or persons I am partied with not functioning at all or giving out next to no heal to characters that are targeted and healed. Sometimes it works but if I am not mistaken my Bastion Of Health should give off a bigger heal applied to another character healed than Divine Glow does but it does not do this.
    There are also times when I will throw down Bastion Of Health and it will not apply any heal what so ever.
    (Hammer Of Fate) is not working the way it should. It seems that the 10% Action Points register back but being Immune to crowd control affects well right now this is none existent. Especially on the mage Giants out in Spinward Rise there lightning affects still hit me though I already hit the button well before they apply there Lightning rings under me.
    TAB Channel Divinity is very glitchy when facing a mob burning it down most of the time it applies then glitches out so the mouse button has to be redone and applied on the mob being burned down.
    In my honest true opinion there has been nothing said here that should be moderated. This is not my first MMO. There also is allot of Environment as well as character glitches.
    The Devs tell us this may be in due to old video card driver issues? Sometimes yes and I can assure you all this has been a known issue when it comes to how Geforce and Radeon cards handle how a character model is put together or how the environment surface is put together. This has been an ongoing struggle and battle throughout the Movie and Game industry for years. Plain and simple this MOD they threw at us all was not tested enough so do not be fooled this is all there baby.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with every point you made about warlocks.
    1. TT nerf
    2. Losing set bonus
    3. Fury nerf
    4. Temptation nerf (it used to be 125% of your life steal let's remember) and now it's 100% (aka your effective life steal chance) so it's a reworded nerf. Not to mention the 30% on AoE which should not exist to begin with.

This is too much, one could rightfully nerf TT, but taking away all of it is dumb.

Temptation will only suck until people get really geared, at which point it will become 'acceptable'. But Paladins and DCs will do it better, temp gives little to no party buffs/protection. And with that your party will get murdered. This is an 'off-heal' tree. It does not have the capacity of being main healer.

Damnation sucked in preview when I did testing the soul puppet had 25k HP. But I was told by someone that the soul puppet has better HP in live. I haven't investigated due to lack of spec tokens. So if they fixed the puppet HP and the feats that weren't working damnation will both survive and deal more damage than Fury locks.

For more ideas on what I think should be done about warlocks head to the nine hells class forums for warlocks and read my 'Complete warlock thread' over there.... I made like a 10k essay over there
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arakk00 wrote: »
    (Almost) every class took a bit of a hit come Mod 6. Except CWs- someone saw those and apparently thought they needed buffs and useful new feats.

And even with those feats you can't achieve anything worthy.

I'll remind you that CWs lost a very big portion of their CC strength back in MOD3 and lost even more in MOD6. Most of the CWs I know were going to transfer to Renegade for the Chaotic magic, but turns out it's just ineffective.

Most of the CWs I know wanted more CC and they got it to keep mobs frozen for......2 sec? Really, that's all you get - 2 sec of frozen status even with 35% Controlling Strength.

SW's deserved to have TT nerfed and fixed (for the 6th time) since it's beyond ludicrous to deal 30.000.000 damage in Tiamat alone by mere TT spamming. That's just an exploit.

The only "good" spell that CWs got is Disintegrate (or something like that) which is on-par with Ice Knife (which is a daily) and makes CW a nice threat since the Thiefling race is already regarded as "finish him" race with 5% bonus damage on targets below n% hp.

However, I stopped playing the game as a CW since I dislike to play MOD5 all over again with mobs that are at least 15xtimes harder in all regards and have such an amazing CC resistance (excluding those with CC immunity).

CWs are crippled since MOD3, mind you, and ever since have to rush into the heat of the combat in order to actually play the game making it a ninja class - in - cast - out - in - cast - out all while having to keep couple of things in tact - timing, casting time, durration and take heed of two different stacks of arcane and chill in order to situate the best time to strike. So it's more of a job than you'd think and most certainly pales in comparison to a simple marking of the enemies with curse and turning on the daily TT while floating around and effectively luring out all the enemies with an amazing aggro threat.

And even with all that I've played a couple of dungeons with friends who also have a SW, we did relatively same damage in the dungeon and nobody cared for that which imho was a good thing, however. CWs need more CC strength against mobs so that you don't need to drag three of them only to have a frozen wall.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The fabled/accursed set had to go. There's nothing ok about a class depending on a set to make them viable DPS. Other than that, it happens to every class in this game at some point (except god cw's, of course). It'll get balanced again eventually, sorry :(
  • Options
    arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    The fabled/accursed set had to go. There's nothing ok about a class depending on a set to make them viable DPS. Other than that, it happens to every class in this game at some point (except god cw's, of course). It'll get balanced again eventually, sorry :(

The problem, rinat, is that the non-optional set making the SW class viable as well as their daily that made the class 'OP' got the nerf hammer- removal and half effectiveness. And THEN, every aspect of the class was further nerfed, even though just removing AD set would've made the SW obsolete/mid-range DPS.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    I agree with every point you made about warlocks.
    1. TT nerf
    2. Losing set bonus
    3. Fury nerf
    4. Temptation nerf (it used to be 125% of your life steal let's remember) and now it's 100% (aka your effective life steal chance) so it's a reworded nerf. Not to mention the 30% on AoE which should not exist to begin with.

This is too much, one could rightfully nerf TT, but taking away all of it is dumb.

Temptation will only suck until people get really geared, at which point it will become 'acceptable'. But Paladins and DCs will do it better, temp gives little to no party buffs/protection. And with that your party will get murdered. This is an 'off-heal' tree. It does not have the capacity of being main healer.

Damnation sucked in preview when I did testing the soul puppet had 25k HP. But I was told by someone that the soul puppet has better HP in live. I haven't investigated due to lack of spec tokens. So if they fixed the puppet HP and the feats that weren't working damnation will both survive and deal more damage than Fury locks.

For more ideas on what I think should be done about warlocks head to the nine hells class forums for warlocks and read my 'Complete warlock thread' over there.... I made like a 10k essay over there

Haha, yes. You can clear final boss on VT without it dying. Note that it's, by default, eating every close range AoE.
    I've respec'd my SW countless times on Preview just to get a feel of what to go for on Live. The bugs associated with the Soul Puppet are, in nice terms, pissing me off. Getting stuck on a rock, behind doors, ripping threat randomly from the entire party and dying. Not to mention, by focusing in Damnation, you're not getting as many damage buffs as you might want. The Soul Puppet adds a lot of utility but in the end, you're the one putting out the damage. The Puppet is only here to help.

I'm still undecided between:
    A) Stay Damnation
    B) Switch to slightly higher Fury DPS
    C) Roll another class

Mod 4 SW wasn't so bad. Mod 5 SW was tolerable. I'm about fed up with Mod 6 SW.
    Even as a Damnation build, I could, in the past, keep up with damage output and be competitive. Now, it's hardly a dent. When it actually amounts to a dent, our vast lack of survivability becomes painfully evident.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    Haha, yes. You can clear final boss on VT without it dying. Note that it's, by default, eating every close range AoE.
    I've respec'd my SW countless times on Preview just to get a feel of what to go for on Live. The bugs associated with the Soul Puppet are, in nice terms, pissing me off. Getting stuck on a rock, behind doors, ripping threat randomly from the entire party and dying. Not to mention, by focusing in Damnation, you're not getting as many damage buffs as you might want. The Soul Puppet adds a lot of utility but in the end, you're the one putting out the damage. The Puppet is only here to help.

I'm still undecided between:
    A) Stay Damnation
    B) Switch to slightly higher Fury DPS
    C) Roll another class

Mod 4 SW wasn't so bad. Mod 5 SW was tolerable. I'm about fed up with Mod 6 SW.
    Even as a Damnation build, I could, in the past, keep up with damage output and be competitive. Now, it's hardly a dent. When it actually amounts to a dent, our vast lack of survivability becomes painfully evident.

If you like your warlock enough to live trough the ****ty times you're going to play trough in mod 6, then keep it. If you want to never have to worry about nerfs again play a CW.

40k storm spell procs on icy ray anyone?
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread