test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

X1 Lack of content

ordonbladeordonblade Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I have been wondering since the game came out on X1, but is any of the other PC content planned or even considered being brought over to Xbox. The lack of companions and mount, in addition to, the lack of campaigns makes me fear for the games longevity. I was wondering if any clear comment has been stated on whether this content will be available or not, or if we could get a comment on the issue.
Post edited by ordonblade on

Comments

• Options
    xxgrimnevilxxxxgrimnevilxx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been wondering the same. I finally figured out how to start the dragon campaign, but I am at a loss as to whether the Temple of Elemental Evil is available on XB.

I am not concerned that there will be limited content on XB. More content means less players getting bored and leaving which equates in to more money for the Devs. Though I can wait for new content, I much rather the Devs focus on making the servers much more stable. The constant rubber banding and disconnects is frustrating in the extreme. At this point if anything is going to kill this game on XB, its unstable servers, not lack of content.
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The main website for the game answers all your questions.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9076493-content-preview%3A-neverwinter-on-xbox-one

All class balancing that is currently on PC will also be brought to you on the Xbox One. Our newest class, the Oathbound Paladin, will be coming to the Xbox One version in a later expansion.

The story and campaign content will function a bit differently than it did on PC. At launch, Neverwinter will include all the content from the base game and the Tyranny of Dragons expansion. This means that the Xbox One version of Neverwinter will include all dungeons and skirmishes that were present at the PC version’s launch in addition to the ones added with Tyranny of Dragons. The Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, and PvP campaigns as well as the Gauntylgrym zone (along with the dungeons and skirmishes associated with them) will be released on Xbox One in later expansions.
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This game is 2 weeks old on XBox.

It is basically impossible for anyone to be done with the current campaign.

I highly doubt anybody has a full decked out toon w/ maxed artifacts, artifact equip, and weapons.

How many people are sporting "Perfect" enchants?

How many people have maxed out professions?

People are finally starting to figure out how to clear T2 Dungeons w/out constantly wiping.

PC has been getting a new mod/expansion every 2-5 months since release.

A week in they tried to run a CTA (call to arms) that broke the QUE system.

MOD1, MOD2, MOD3, MOD5, MOD6 (which if you look at the PC forums and read anything about it, it doesn't seem likely that content would be enjoyable at all for toons that are less than 2 weeks old), are all live on the PC, I would imagine staggered releases are being planned.

First and foremost, getting the kinks ironed out - chat system, frame rate, server stability, etc.

IMO, it is much more important to get the game in it's current state working 100% rather than rushing out content that was released over a nearly 2 year period on PC.
  • Options
    j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    This game is 2 weeks old on XBox.

It is basically impossible for anyone to be done with the current campaign.

I highly doubt anybody has a full decked out toon w/ maxed artifacts, artifact equip, and weapons.

How many people are sporting "Perfect" enchants?

How many people have maxed out professions?

People are finally starting to figure out how to clear T2 Dungeons w/out constantly wiping.

PC has been getting a new mod/expansion every 2-5 months since release.

A week in they tried to run a CTA (call to arms) that broke the QUE system.

MOD1, MOD2, MOD3, MOD5, MOD6 (which if you look at the PC forums and read anything about it, it doesn't seem likely that content would be enjoyable at all for toons that are less than 2 weeks old), are all live on the PC, I would imagine staggered releases are being planned.

First and foremost, getting the kinks ironed out - chat system, frame rate, server stability, etc.

IMO, it is much more important to get the game in it's current state working 100% rather than rushing out content that was released over a nearly 2 year period on PC.
    Basically this man, theres no way ur max out you toon completely within two weeks lol. That and the limited amount of content we have currently as Awrex said is riddled with kinks, you think the next "expansion" of campains and such will be flawless? they will have their own problems that also must be sorted out. Plan for at least a year before we have everything, maybe even more IMHO.

Also T2 dungeons are overly simplistic imo, I just need to find a group for castle never so I can do that as well and i will have stomped through all pve content very easily.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more. I have over 100 hours in my character and there's still plenty of stuff to do and explore. I'm not even level 60 yet! The content will come, but right now the devs need to be focused on fixing game and server issues to ensure current and upcoming content is enjoyable (and playable).
  • Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well the good thing is we KNOW there's a lot of content that's still to come. We don't know when it will come but in due time, it will be available.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ordonblade wrote: »
    I have been wondering since the game came out on X1, but is any of the other PC content planned or even considered being brought over to Xbox. The lack of companions and mount, in addition to, the lack of campaigns makes me fear for the games longevity. I was wondering if any clear comment has been stated on whether this content will be available or not, or if we could get a comment on the issue.

There is no lack of content. The XB1 game is two weeks old and launched with more content than the PC version.
  • Options
    lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am just glad that they brought it to the console. I never heard of it before then, and doubt I would have even played it. I can sit down with all my xbox buddies, some are real life friends, and hang out with them in something different. I'd only have a couple of friends to play with on PC. Much more convenient for me.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • Options
    silpheedviisilpheedvii Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lack of content? You can't be serious.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Compared to Destiny this is an unending smorgasbord.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It would be nice to get some more pvp modes though. Starting to get tired of Domination.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PvP is literally the only thing lacking. Everything else is perfect for where we stand as a community on X1.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2015
    telprydain wrote: »

LOL. Monopoly has more end game then destiny.

But on topic, you guys are not looking at the big picture. Any MMO seems huge at first. Destiny even felt big at first. As it is, I have not run out of content. Sometimes I'm actually overwhelmed by all there is. I'm just curious how much will change when you hit the level cap. Do dungeons dry up? Do some maps just lay collecting dust as you never have to go there again? I dunno. But I am having a great time trying to get to the point where I can answer those questions.

But NeverWinter is in for some huge competition. This, is the first MMO for a console that I can call an MMO without having a dirty taste in my mouth. But, everyone likes choices, everyone likes more options. Guess what, ESO or Tamriel Unlimited, is right around the corner. Its free to play after the initial purchase. From what I have been told, there cash shop (Zen market) is alot cheaper. Also, it comes with all the add ons that are on the PC, current and up to date. Not only that, its end game is huge. PvP Campaigns, not just domination. Not sure on the clan structure of neverwinter, but ESO has a huge clan structure. Not to mention, its an Elder Scrolls game.

I love this game, NeverWinter is a riot. Got bored and chased around new players in my skivvies last night....im having a blast. But everyone that says content is not an issue, please, for the love of god, don't be surprised when ESO releases and the player base on console drops. Like a biigggggg drop. PC players will stay loyal, ESO is on PC already, but on consoles, it will be the second MMO. Players will be able to choose. All the flaws, content, structure will be weighed by the hardcore players. If lack of content, or getting those mode to console is not on the devs high priority red alert list, I fear for the longevity of this game on consoles.

I will be playing this instead of eso. Gotta get my skivvie chasing in. Thanks for reading my post, it was alot to swallow, but ESO on console is coming, and it DOES present a big problem for this game on console.
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LOL. Monopoly has more end game then destiny.

But on topic, you guys are not looking at the big picture. Any MMO seems huge at first. Destiny even felt big at first. As it is, I have not run out of content. Sometimes I'm actually overwhelmed by all there is. I'm just curious how much will change when you hit the level cap. Do dungeons dry up? Do some maps just lay collecting dust as you never have to go there again? I dunno. But I am having a great time trying to get to the point where I can answer those questions.

But NeverWinter is in for some huge competition. This, is the first MMO for a console that I can call an MMO without having a dirty taste in my mouth. But, everyone likes choices, everyone likes more options. Guess what, ESO or Tamriel Unlimited, is right around the corner. Its free to play after the initial purchase. From what I have been told, there cash shop (Zen market) is alot cheaper. Also, it comes with all the add ons that are on the PC, current and up to date. Not only that, its end game is huge. PvP Campaigns, not just domination. Not sure on the clan structure of neverwinter, but ESO has a huge clan structure. Not to mention, its an Elder Scrolls game.

I love this game, NeverWinter is a riot. Got bored and chased around new players in my skivvies last night....im having a blast. But everyone that says content is not an issue, please, for the love of god, don't be surprised when ESO releases and the player base on console drops. Like a biigggggg drop. PC players will stay loyal, ESO is on PC already, but on consoles, it will be the second MMO. Players will be able to choose. All the flaws, content, structure will be weighed by the hardcore players. If lack of content, or getting those mode to console is not on the devs high priority red alert list, I fear for the longevity of this game on consoles.

I will be playing this instead of eso. Gotta get my skivvie chasing in. Thanks for reading my post, it was alot to swallow, but ESO on console is coming, and it DOES present a big problem for this game on console.

One small problem with this - ESO absolutely sucks the sweat from a dead donkey's danglies!

It's awful, truly awful, and one of the reasons I'm so pleased that Neverwinter on console turned out as well as it has so far (and that looks likely to get a ton better too).

Of course, this is all based on my experience with the PC version, which felt like a chore rather than fun from pretty much the get go, and things MAY have improved drastically in the last year, but I really doubt it. You can also get a damned sight more out of Neverwinter by spending $60 than you ever will from ESO, and I wouldn't be surprised if the first new content for Neverwinter on console drops around June just to emphasize that fact....

Fully agree with you on Destiny, though - it comes across like somebody played about 8 hours of an MMORPG and then cut corners by asking somebody else how the rest should play out:

'So what's this 'end game' stuff in MMOs all about?'
    'Well usually it's endless grinding in the same locations you've already seen to get gear to boast about while relying on PvP to actually generate interest rather than providing new content... and then get charged a fortune when you do provide something new'
    'Okay, thanks for that!'

<... later that day ...>

'So, have you finished that research on MMOs yet?'
    'Yep, sure have!'
    'And?'
    'It's eight hours of content, followed by endless grinding in the same locations you've already seen to get gear to boast about while relying on PvP to actually generate interest rather than providing new content... and then charge a fortune when you do have to provide something new'
    'Excellent! Get Microsoft on the phone and tell them to stick Halo where the sun doesn't shine - we've got ourselves a NEW cash cow...'
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    See, even of ESO sucks for PC players, its alot different for console guys. PC players can say, this game sucks, let me go play one of the 100 other MMOs PC has. Console players (Xbox one users at least) will have 2 choices, never winter or ESO. Anyone that loves the new MMO experience on console, will most likely buy ESO.

But as far as people playing a crappy game, look how many people still play destiny doing the same things everyday while they say "this game sucks", then they get on the next day, lol.
  • Options
    gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    endgame seems to be lacking (for me at least) basically repeat same set of dungeons on a higher diffaculty level over and over again for t1/t2 gear and a very small amount of daily campaigns for the dragon stuff. oh and the same type of pvp if you want to pvp. (would be nice to have some open world pvp zones or something)

i dont know if there is more, if so i have not found it yet =/
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • Options
    rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    i have not one but 2 characters at level 60 and i am 40% complete with the dragon campaign on my cleric.that character is less than a week old and is nearing a 10k gear score. I have completed every quest in the game that we currently have and have done dailies/dungeons till i could choke.only thing i havnt done yet is castle never and will do that soon as i can find a decent group.So i can say that content is a little lacking.Considering once you finish dailies the only thing to do is either pvp or que continuously for dungeons,there really isnt much to do once end game rolls around.Not saying it will always be this way, as i fully expect them to release new content in a month or 2.

But whoever said alot will leave for eso is probably correct in that assumption. Elder scrolls series is probably next to halo one of the best selling franchises on xbox. So people will buy it on name alone.I know i will, not on name but because i love the series and the lore. Dont get me wrong i love neverwinter and its one of the better games i have played in the past 10 years, but unless you want to spend money regularly on a ftp game just to unlock news character slots, then most people will stop at the 2 character limit.Once this limit is hit all there is to look forward to is the same dailies on both characters untill new content is released and then rinse and repeat.Its like playing wow, sure you hit max level and you character looks baddass and stuff.But prepare to stay that way for the next year or untill new content is released.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rapier89 wrote: »
    i have not one but 2 characters at level 60 and i am 40% complete with the dragon campaign on my cleric.that character is less than a week old and is nearing a 10k gear score. I have completed every quest in the game that we currently have and have done dailies/dungeons till i could choke.only thing i havnt done yet is castle never and will do that soon as i can find a decent group.So i can say that content is a little lacking.Considering once you finish dailies the only thing to do is either pvp or que continuously for dungeons,there really isnt much to do once end game rolls around.Not saying it will always be this way, as i fully expect them to release new content in a month or 2.

But whoever said alot will leave for eso is probably correct in that assumption. Elder scrolls series is probably next to halo one of the best selling franchises on xbox. So people will buy it on name alone.I know i will, not on name but because i love the series and the lore. Dont get me wrong i love neverwinter and its one of the better games i have played in the past 10 years, but unless you want to spend money regularly on a ftp game just to unlock news character slots, then most people will stop at the 2 character limit.Once this limit is hit all there is to look forward to is the same dailies on both characters untill new content is released and then rinse and repeat.Its like playing wow, sure you hit max level and you character looks baddass and stuff.But prepare to stay that way for the next year or untill new content is released.

Most people don't binge play until their eyeballs bleed.
  • Options
    quebraregraquebraregra Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015

HA! Classic. You went there, and I'm glad you did. :)

Wouldn't hurt em' to add some more store items from the PC while waiting for the major expansions (First time buyer pack, gelatinous cube mount, etc.).
  • Options
    quebraregraquebraregra Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »

it happens (looked in the mirror after a 9hr session to find bloody eyes) and still haven't scratched the surface...
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    endgame seems to be lacking (for me at least) basically repeat same set of dungeons on a higher diffaculty level over and over again for t1/t2 gear and a very small amount of daily campaigns for the dragon stuff. oh and the same type of pvp if you want to pvp. (would be nice to have some open world pvp zones or something)

i dont know if there is more, if so i have not found it yet =/

EVERY MMO ends up with running the same high-level content, but having a campaign to contextualize it is pretty neat.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »

Wouldnt call 3-4 hours a day binge playing but to each his own i suppose. Considering most zones can be cleared in an hour or less and at least 3-4 levels gained each zone then its not hard to hit 60 in less than a week.But i suppose if you only played an hour a day it would be more difficult,and after the first toons run through the dungeons then you have pretty much done everything currently in the game other than farm the same dungeons over and over for gear, pvp, or dailies(all of which can be done in an hour or less).While you wait for the timers to expire for campaign quest which takes about 20 hours.So in my opinion i would say end game is a bit lacking currently.But that doesn't mean it's not still a good game.That being said, I dont see many players staying on after the next big AAA game release or elder scrolls online unless new content is released soon.mostly due to the fact we live in a time were most main story lines and games can be completed in 12 hours or less and then its on to the next "new" game.
  • Options
    negepicmaggotnegepicmaggot Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the content if fine considering its 2 weeks into console release.....Once it is patched up to current pc version it will be great....Plus im hoping that the Dev's @CRYPTIC add the foundry(Player Made Quests) to Xbone
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    See, even of ESO sucks for PC players, its alot different for console guys. PC players can say, this game sucks, let me go play one of the 100 other MMOs PC has. Console players (Xbox one users at least) will have 2 choices, never winter or ESO. Anyone that loves the new MMO experience on console, will most likely buy ESO.

But as far as people playing a crappy game, look how many people still play destiny doing the same things everyday while they say "this game sucks", then they get on the next day, lol.

Oh, I've no doubt people will buy it, just based on the name alone (after all, the CoD franchise is one of the biggest on console despite everyone saying how bad each iteration is compared to the last one), but I think a lot of people are going to be VERY disappointed with ESO. They tried to make a great MMO combined with a great Elder Scrolls game and just ended up with a really poor imitation of both. There's just so much WRONG with ESO, and the worst part is that a lot of it is really hard to quantify (and therefore virtually impossible to fix).

I fully expect to play ANY MMO and have reach maximum level with a little grind within the last 20% of my progression (and was actually pretty pleased that you can reach level 60 in Neverwinter before you've even hit end game proper, making it feel a lot less like grind).

With ESO I actually found myself having to grind to get from levels 10 to 15 (with a level cap of 50)! The broken quests and strip-mined resources meant that I couldn't progress through the main story without being hopelessly outlevelled by the mobs, so I'd have to keep going back to the same old areas, slowly chipping out combat XP, trying (fairly hopelessly) to find crafting ingredients to try and level that way.

And to give you some idea of how painful that is, I'm currently playing NWXB1 by jumping between toons (to try and maximise my Profession building), so I'm only at level 35 on my highest character. That's taken just over two weeks to do. In the same period, I'd advanced TWO LEVELS in ESO and hadn't even managed to get out of the second (extremely small) area due to the utter lack of things to do that could possible earn me enough XP to do so.

As for Destiny, I think the only reason people put up with that is simply lack of choice, so that does back up your argument because I don't think people would bother with it when there's an alternative.

The difference with Neverwinter is that I think any 'losses', will just be a dip as I think a few people hungry for an Elder Scrolls game are going to get suckered into buying it, only to find it sadly not what they were hoping it would be at all....

At which point they all come back to Neverwinter, just as the new content drops...
  • Options
    lordvargar111lordvargar111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rapier89 wrote: »
    i have not one but 2 characters at level 60 and i am 40% complete with the dragon campaign on my cleric.that character is less than a week old and is nearing a 10k gear score. I have completed every quest in the game that we currently have and have done dailies/dungeons till i could choke.

that is not a good thing unless you are home bound with a illness. There is something to be said for fresh air and sunlight. LOL!
    But to be fair ESO at least had the coding so my level one character could choose what weapon I wanted like axe, mace or sword and very pretty armor. cant say that about NW. I have to transmod a short sword on my thief. But in Fairness to NW the music is epic as well as the dungeon design.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In neverwinter, I've always thought leveling was quick, easy. I'm 46 and can get am easy level in half n hour. No XP boost. I think quick leveling is bad for a game. Granted, I love neverwinter. But lets put it in perspective.

Neverwinter, quick leveling, easy to get to 60. After 60 run same dungeons until content comes out. People in my experience get burned out quicker when they reach end game.

ESO, slower leveling. Still not bad, but probably doubles/triples the amount of time it takes to get max level. Then you have champion system, you can go through other alliances stories, you can steal, commit crimes, run pvp campaigns that take a week minimum (I think), do adventure zones, participate in giant alliance war. Oh, they will also have up to date content when it releaaes on Xbox so PC is not ahead in content.

So now that it has been broken down (probably missing neverwintwr things as I'm not maxed) what do you think console players will flock to, regardless of the name. Can't put more choices for them to choose as currently NW is only mmorpg on console. So when given a choice, what you think people will choose?

Hope the devs get mods to console soon, because no matter anyones feelings on binge playing, people are already hitting max level AND getting bored running same things over n over again. If all you do is upgrade gear at the end, run same dungeons in hopes of getting better gear, its starting to seem like destiny, and console players are so burnt out with an end game like destiny.
  • Options
    thesgt02thesgt02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ESO will be bad on 1 as it is on pc for 1 reason Zenimax. They are terrible and make a terrible game. They could careless about their players so spend the money if you must to find out how much zenimax could careless what the players think.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    2 weeks in and people are already complaining? There is A TON of content that will be coming soon.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I'm still invested in Destiny, for the long run, but I'm burnt out on Raids. At this point, even with HoW around the corner, Neverwinter is keeping me busy and I'm more than happy with playing this over Destiny. Further, with no new raid, I won't get that "Falling Behind" feeling and can continue playing at a more casual level.

I just wish the in-game prices (outside of ZEN) were brought down a tad.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    that is not a good thing unless you are home bound with a illness. There is something to be said for fresh air and sunlight. LOL!
    But to be fair ESO at least had the coding so my level one character could choose what weapon I wanted like axe, mace or sword and very pretty armor. cant say that about NW. I have to transmod a short sword on my thief. But in Fairness to NW the music is epic as well as the dungeon design.

I get plenty of time in the fresh air. But considering the fact that most Americans watch t.v. 5 hours per day, and as i am still recovering from a fairly serious injury i would rather spend my time doing something that is pleasing to me instead of watching one of the several boring "hit shows" with the same story line and same dull bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> schemes played out over and over across multiple networks. And since how most networks have ran out of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to write about, they have since moved on to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> every comic series i cared about as a child.