test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level 60 is frustrating

greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Join a dungeon, get kicked... that seems about the complete picture of being a level 60.

I've got a GS of just below 8k, and on the rare occasion I actually get to run the dungeon, the majority of the time I'll be the last man standing with my Wizard, whilst I watch people just stand in the giant red circle waiting to die, or just ignore all of the adds, while I'm running around like a maniac trying to deal with them. So it's not like I don't know how to play. I understand my job is to 'control the battlefield', which i certainly try to do.

I've beat the dragon in the Lair of the Mad Dragon a couple of times but only got 1 item. So, how am I supposed to better my account if, as soon as I join it's just full of ppl standing at the campsite waiting to kick whoever joins unless they are a cleric (I assume).

Is it too much to ask to just run a few dungeons to get some better gear?

Frustrating is an understatement. So, other than the dungeons, and the campaign where I can only do a few quests a day, is there anything else I'm missing? What am I to do?

I have no real life friends that play this game, or I'd team up with them and no doubt have a better experience. Does this happen to everyone?
Post edited by greatg1ginthesky on

Comments

• Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    You need to join a good guild and that will solve all of your problems :)

When I very first played this game I had the same problem, and I joined my first guild but they wasn't very patient so I left and found the guild I'm still in now and they helped me in dungeon runs even though I was very low and didn't know anything. After a month I was geared up and could say I knew 99% of the pve side of the game. After that I could learn everythign else.

It's much more fun playing with a guild, you become friends with people and can run any content with them, help each other out and just enjoy gameplay much more.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, do you have a decent guild I could join? I post in chat, and no-one responds.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Add me in game my handle is Crixus8000
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Noble Knights
    We have 490 Players from across the planet. You can always find some of us on. We take our lower geared players into Dungeons all the time. That way they can compete with others. I have PM you my GT and my main
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Until last night I have never been kicked from a Dungeon. Last night we were doing an Epic version of Spellplague Caverns and when we got to the final boss first the tank was kicked even though I voted no?? A new tank joined and I immediately noticed that they had the same guild title under their name as 2 other players in the team. I shrugged it off as a coincidence.

This was my first time playing this instance and the group (that didnt speak english well as they were from Brazil judging from their guild name) kept telling me to use my Cleric Pull ability in chat??? So thinking maybe it was just me I went through each of my powers to make sure I just didnt miss anything looking for an ability that "pulls" mobs. Nope I wasnt losing it as one doesnt exist. Next thing I know one of our rogues gets kicked and as before another guild member joins. Granted we worked through this whole instance to the final boss... I figured it was a matter of time before I went and low and behold there I went.

Its sad that you are able to Que up for a PUG and then once all the work is done, begin kicking people to let guild mates join the run once all the work is done.

I have not been frustrated with Level 60 until last night and that left a bad taste for running Dungeons. I told myself I think it is time to find a good guild and run only guild grouped instances. That or start my Alt'aholism and level up other classes LOL
  • Options
    thecameljokeythecameljokey Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2015
    I hear you... I'm not in a guild at the moment and it's really hard to get in to a level 60 dunegon when you are not in a guild. And once I do, I get kicked pretty much just after I joined. I don't have any mates that plays this game really so it's kinda hard to find people to run a dunegon with...

Pretty much takes all the fun out of things, at the moment I'm doing daylies and stuff like that...
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hate to come off as a recruitment post, but I guess it is what it is... message me/add me in game if interested (GT: awrex1977), I can get you a guild invite if interested, always looking for active people to run epics & PvE. Getting kicked sucks. Can't assure you that grouping all the time is going to happen (DC/GF shortages are real), but I know it's easier to get the ball rolling with active members that are easily contacted.
  • Options
    zupperman87zupperman87 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only part I find frustrating is the fact that there isn't an option to check on/off to join dungeons already in progress. 95% of the time I'll get an instant queue where 4/5 people will already be accepted. I've learned to just decline it because chances are a tank or cleric left. I don't understand why the original queue follows the need for 3 DPS and a cleric and tank, vs in progress will gather any available person. That just doesn't make sense; I hope this is fixed in some later date.

I'd love to join a guild the that always dungeons. Because on the rare occasion that I get a new fresh dungeon and we play through, no one wants to go again. I ask every time, and it's not like I don't do my share of work. For example the last 2 dungeons I been in 1) Karrundux, I had a total of 17.7m damage done with the next being 4m damage and all together they did 18.1 combined.. Considering I knew I was the damage, I still wanted to go again. But no one does.. I could understand if someone that did nothing the entire time asked.. But yeah...

Being a Trickster Rogue and trying to get dungeons and staying and not beings kicked(or leaving instantly before being kicked)... If you wanna party up anytime I'm on, add zupperman on Xbox. In game "Kandee" definitely could use a good group of friends or guild. :D
  • Options
    masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I hate being spammed with guild invites. I don't want some random guild recruiting me. I want a strong focused guild and I'd also like the people to send me a tell asking me if I'd like to join their guild. I really hate it when some random person sends me an invite. I'm now working on my third character because of being kicked as soon as I join a dungeon. It's BS waiting til I get an invite and then Bam kicked with no message. Level 60 after you beat the story is really lame unless you can find a good group of friends or a guild but honestly it's hard for me to make friends.
  • Options
    xxgrimnevilxxxxgrimnevilxx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »

may I add you also? I am very new to this game and all my friends would rather play BF4. Gamer tag is xXGriMnEviLXx
  • Options
    corruptedmaourcorruptedmaour Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Noble Knights
    We have 490 Players from across the planet. You can always find some of us on. We take our lower geared players into Dungeons all the time. That way they can compete with others. I have PM you my GT and my main

Can I join your guid as well? Im looking for an active team because I been a level 60 for a week and cannot get any tier 2 mission ran because of the kicking problem. I appreciate the help.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Send me a PM. I run all GS players into dungeons. I have 3 simple rules.
    1. Don't loot during fights
    2. Play your roll. Ie. DC heals, TR/GWF dps, CW crow control, warlock off heals/dps and tanks threat
    3. If your not sure how to spec and fight the boss just ask.
    Know I answered the call
  • Options
    corruptedmaourcorruptedmaour Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Send me a PM. I run all GS players into dungeons. I have 3 simple rules.
    1. Don't loot during fights
    2. Play your roll. Ie. DC heals, TR/GWF dps, CW crow control, warlock off heals/dps and tanks threat
    3. If your not sure how to spec and fight the boss just ask.

Im not to sure how the forum works but I did send u a message back. & those rule are great universal

1. I dont loot during fights
    2 Im a TR with 10k gear score
  • Options
    pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can always get the pvp gear first, then use that to get the pve gear. Getting the pvp gear in this game is pretty easy, just takes time because dailies.
  • Options
    curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    leave the leader bad XBOX feed back and block them, then and move on the world is full of jerks.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Why would you do that? Any player can start the kick vote.
    Know I answered the call
  • Options
    curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The lead can kick with out vote , and still voted if he did not lead.
  • Options
    davril77davril77 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We run epic dungeons and have a few groups usually going at anytime. Add me and we can talk .....mirimoto
  • Options
    dreadkinzdreadkinz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looking for groups and guild im a lvl 40 cleric that has purchased everything game has to offer gt mh havoc feel free to add me im not a squeaker :)
  • Options
    dromeletdromelet Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »

I'm looking for people to run dungeons with too (leveling up a GF, 40 atm). I have a lot of previous mmo experience and currently also raid as a main tank in a mythic wow progression guild. Haven't played NW before so trying to figure out some stuff still in general and with tanking.

Mainly am looking for nice mature people for groups. The zone and lfg chats are a huge wasteland from what I've seen so far too which is disappointing (especially with no report/ignore options).

Feel free to send me a message, gamer tag is DrOmelet.
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lvl 60 makes this the most boring game ever made

Its all waiting for queues just to.be kicked either right off the bat or half wau through

Or its waiting for a guild thats actually active

Or its finally getting in.the epic dungeon but as soon as theres a boss or mini.boss, it spams 500000 adds cutting fps to 5fps

Or its trying to do.dread vault but not letting anyway join.the prison room..once you lose someone whoever fills the spot will never be able to get in, so the boss cant be restarted

Or its getting killed because the screen is full of item rolls

Seriously the end game is messed up beyond belief
  • Options
    jargoljargol Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am so not looking forward to hitting level 60 after hearing some of the horror stories out there... :(
  • Options
    dromeletdromelet Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Noble Knights

Hey, I just sent a forum PM about joining. Please let me know if it's possible to grab an invite. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I had a few good runs last night, first time in several days that I have not been kicked from a group just to leave room for the leaders guild mate.
  • Options
    mack2000mack2000 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just hit lvl 60 myself so have a fairly low gs - 7k ish

But add me on xbox - NoD Krogan

I play UK times - after work in the evening, char is a cleric and would much prefer to run epics with some regular people rather than randoms that never talk and do their own thing.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I had a few good runs last night, first time in several days that I have not been kicked from a group just to leave room for the leaders guild mate.

You can add me, I'm a Swede with GC around 9k now.

GT: TheCamelJokey
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Noble Knights

This sounds enticing. A friend and I joined a random guild of 300+ people. Unfortunately, they're very clique group. They talk a lot, but as soon as you type in, "Anyone will to help me get my last Charthraxis kill?" or "Need to run the daily, queue is taking forever, who's interested?"......crickets. We know we're going to need a decent guild once we hit 60 (three levels away) and it's starting to seem like the one we're currently in is not it. Lately, we've been seeing a lot of others saying, "So, is this guild actually willing to run things with others are should I start looking for a new guild".
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unlike a lot of MMOs you only need 4 loyal friends in this game. There is no advantage to a big guild if you don't plan on restocking your friends.

Here is how to get that started. When you do get a group at the end:
    1) Friend invite anyone that wasn't a dink. A surprising amount of time people accept. Don't worry about whether or not you actually said anything or had anything in common.

2) Go down your friends list inviting them to future groups prior to queueing.

3) If you get a constant "cannot/busy" out of a person. Delete them from friends list.

4) Occasionally you discover someone that always seems to be on and doing what you are doing. Keep track of them. Try to get them first, and eventually try to arrange some play times.

5) Once you get past like 2 people this way, don't bother with the queue at all. Fill the group by hand.

Repeat 1 through 5 over and over, and eventually you get a clique of your own, and that is all you need to end-game this game.

Guild not needed.
  • Options
    ltasoldierltasoldier Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's terrible, i started as a cleric (big mistake) and then went onto a rogue and i can seriously feel peoples pain, my cleric has a queue time on average of about 20 seconds, my rogue misses entire hourly events battling vote kicks, camp fire groups and just generally half done groups, the game seriously needs a check box that lets you specify a fresh run from the start, sick of missing 2 bosses all the time and having to take it because its at the very least a single boss fight and a chance at something.....
    Add to that the campaign barely takes half hour to finish up there's actually in essence very little to do as a dps at 60 bar waiting around, checking out boss doors and warming yourself at a fire before a swift boot arrives up the rear end.
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2015
    Seriously the only way to effectively play this game is by getting 4 friends. This is not very hard considering a game like Everquest takes 54 people for end game content, and ...everything is group content, try to solo and get pwned