test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SoD Joketage

lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
Ever think you survived the absurd initial burst of a rogue, only to have your entire health bar obliterated about 6 seconds later? Ever notice a bosses health take a sudden 25 percent dip? SOD is why, and it needs to be fixed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAISLz6HhmA&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: I'm not posting this like it's some kind of skill montage either (LOL ROGUE), but cmon now lets draw some attention and get this nonsense fixed.

Aeneas of Twitch.tv
Aeneas/Einherjar/No Skill
(Iron Lotus)
Dragon Born Rouge GS 17.6k in Profound

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
Post edited by lazyaxus111 on

Comments

• divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I agree, completely broken. With that being said, glad you are on my team.
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • sirfortysirforty Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    Whaaaaat that's dirty.
    Demon "Head Hunter" Spellstorm Control Wizard
    Skorn Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Midget Healz Anointed Champion Cleric

Xbox One
    GT : SirForty
  • ultimasta007ultimasta007 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2015
    sirforty wrote: »
    Whaaaaat that's dirty.

Wtf, so we stand no chance then? Lmao time to build a Trickster Rogue.
  • baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    Hahahaha welcome xbox, to nwo
  • iceviper220iceviper220 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Gonna love it when they nerf it .we havent gotten the nerfs pc has got so enjoy while it last so i can see all the cry babies making dumb threads about it sense its the easiest class to op a broken class lol haha
    Characters~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IGN:Ryuke-GWF-lvl 43
  • robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    LOL I played against you the other day in PvP<---- Britney Spears (Hunter Ranger)

I've gotten better at juking the 31k 1-shots since then. I agree it's super ultra powerful. It is possible to win against the cheese in PvP- I do it all the time-- but it's slightly annoying to get 1-shot when you jump down from the spawn and then have your dead body jumped on over and over again by the rogue who did it.

It feels a little better to get revenge and jump on that rogue's body later as you win though
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    LOLOL I <Heart> Rogues
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I played rogue on release. They were insanely strong then when we didn't have shadows demise.

I just can't believe they put something like that on the class when they already do stupid damage.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thats the plague fire bug.
    it got fixed in mod 6
  • lazyaxus111lazyaxus111 Member Posts: 65
    edited April 2015
    robertdiaz wrote: »
    LOL I played against you the other day in PvP<---- Britney Spears (Hunter Ranger)

I've gotten better at juking the 31k 1-shots since then. I agree it's super ultra powerful. It is possible to win against the cheese in PvP- I do it all the time-- but it's slightly annoying to get 1-shot when you jump down from the spawn and then have your dead body jumped on over and over again by the rogue who did it.

It feels a little better to get revenge and jump on that rogue's body later as you win though

Oh I remember you, and I only returned the body jumps lol... IDK if it was you or someone on your team, but I never start that first, only return it. BTW, you, Crescende, and Grafik are all amazing hunters, and are the only people who have ever really even given me a fight. I will say that with my HP and Tenacity, I never get one shot by other Rogues, but you decimated my health. I don't think I've ever been hit harder in this game than by you.

I was curious though if you were in mostly PVE gear? The time that I one shot you out of the spawn I noticed my crit was only like 22k... I can survive that, so I was curious what kind of tenacity/hp you have? I can honestly say though that you have hit me harder than anyone else I've fought against in this game, even rogues.

EDIT: And yes, you can juke it, which is why I rarely die to it as well, but I don't think most people know this or know when to dodge it. Pretty sure you can LOS this damage too.
    (Iron Lotus)

Not to be confused with Rogue, I truly am the red makeup women put on their cheeks.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I guess I am not understanding the Problem with SoD.

I've only read a little about it as far as the changes go.

What I read was it previously would proc on Multi targets. As in Dazing strike, blitz, PoTB, etc. Which PvE TR's loved, but PvP players complained and for obvious reasons. Much too powerful in PvP.

But, they changed it now to proc only on one single target. Currently on Xbox one, it only procs on one single target.

It is powerful yes, but....it gains its power by continued damage to the target within that 6 second timer. So a foolish person who wants to stand still and face tank a TR because he has a healer, is going to take a ridiculous amount of damage from it and more than likely die. But a person who evades the TR after the initial hit, is going to considerably minimize any damage from it. Unless of course you eat a huge Lashing, and then I go back to asking what kind of gear do you have etc etc.

It works well for me because I am excellent on Focusing a target and sustaining dmg to it. I've read the PC forums and TR's are saying the Exec tree is ruined now because of the change. Fortunately for me, I haven't played on PC in almost a year so as it stands for me, its brand new and I think its awesome, and works well.

What am I missing? Please elaborate gents!
    edited April 2015
    It's supposed to do 50 percent of the damage you deal, but there is a way to make it deal 100 percent. That is the issue.
    (Iron Lotus)

edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I guess I am not understanding the Problem with SoD.

I've only read a little about it as far as the changes go.

What I read was it previously would proc on Multi targets. As in Dazing strike, blitz, PoTB, etc. Which PvE TR's loved, but PvP players complained and for obvious reasons. Much too powerful in PvP.

But, they changed it now to proc only on one single target. Currently on Xbox one, it only procs on one single target.

It is powerful yes, but....it gains its power by continued damage to the target within that 6 second timer. So a foolish person who wants to stand still and face tank a TR because he has a healer, is going to take a ridiculous amount of damage from it and more than likely die. But a person who evades the TR after the initial hit, is going to considerably minimize any damage from it. Unless of course you eat a huge Lashing, and then I go back to asking what kind of gear do you have etc etc.

It works well for me because I am excellent on Focusing a target and sustaining dmg to it. I've read the PC forums and TR's are saying the Exec tree is ruined now because of the change. Fortunately for me, I haven't played on PC in almost a year so as it stands for me, its brand new and I think its awesome, and works well.

What am I missing? Please elaborate gents!
    In pve content you dont know which monster is affected by sod so you cant focus him.
    the change to make it only proc from encounters is wrong because using encounters makes you go out from stealth losing more bonus damage than the additional you will gain in the next 6 seconds.
    the faster recharge speed that this capstone should grant is not working too.

further more the tooltip is not updated and the changes are not in patch note or any of those released during the whole preview testing.
    edited April 2015
    It's supposed to do 50 percent of the damage you deal, but there is a way to make it deal 100 percent. That is the issue.

and no this is not what tr are complaining about which however should already be fixed.
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    In pve content you dont know which monster is affected by sod so you cant focus him.
    the change to make it only proc from encounters is wrong because using encounters makes you go out from stealth losing more bonus damage than the additional you will gain in the next 6 seconds.
    the faster recharge speed that this capstone should grant is not working too.

further more the tooltip is not updated and the changes are not in patch note or any of those released during the whole preview testing.

I still am not understanding the problem, I may be clueless today?

If it is doing 100% dmg then yes obviously that must go, but I cant say I have seen that happen, I've tested it on dummies, each with a single hit and it was always half the damage. Seemed to be working as the tooltip intended.

It procs off everything I have used on the test dummies, from encounters to DF.

I'm going to have to do some reading I guess, I really don't see any problems with it.
    edited April 2015

If it is doing 100% dmg then yes obviously that must go, but I cant say I have seen that happen, I've tested it on dummies, each with a single hit and it was always half the damage. Seemed to be working as the tooltip intended.

I'm going to have to do some reading I guess, I really don't see any problems with it.
    going to respec again and double check if something happened this week.
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    and no this is not what tr are complaining about which however should already be fixed.

What do you mean this isn't what people are complaining about?

With the right enchant my SoD does 100 percent of the damage... just as I showed in the video. This is broken.

EDIT: Perhaps you think that video is old? I just made it yesterday...
    (Iron Lotus)

edited April 2015

no. its not working like you said. just tested again
    edited April 2015
    What do you mean this isn't what people are complaining about?

With the right enchant my SoD does 100 percent of the damage... just as I showed in the video. This is broken.

EDIT: Perhaps you think that video is old? I just made it yesterday...

sorry guys im making confusion.
    im talking about what is happening in pc version with the new mod which is far different from what you are actually playing with on xbox.
    edited April 2015
    lol but this is the Xbox forum... Yeah SoD is still glitched here.

EDIT: I thought I was losing my mind for a second.
    (Iron Lotus)

• spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But how could this be? Rogues aren't OP, they are perfectly balanced. You are clearly just a highly, highly skilled and know how to play your class to perfection. That's why only 80% of Rogues I come across can do what you do. :)
    edited April 2015
    Hmm...you're totally right. It is giving 100% damage I just checked.

I swear last night I was testing and that was not the case.

Either way you are correct, its giving 100% the damage.

Definitely needs to be fixed.
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can only smile when seeing this lol. Oh rogues.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
    edited April 2015
    spuratis wrote: »
    But how could this be? Rogues aren't OP, they are perfectly balanced. You are clearly just a highly, highly skilled and know how to play your class to perfection. That's why only 80% of Rogues I come across can do what you do. :)

Shameful then that I have never met any of them. The only classes in this game that can give me trouble are skilled hunters, some CW's and of course a uber tanked DC can hold me off. Have yet to find another rogue that has been difficult. But I digress until we have more balance and leaderboards. I do believe in the current state of the game that TR is op, not claiming they aren't, but when everyone is geared and Tenacity is more prevalent, I could see the class start to take a back seat in team fights. In fact, against Made in Quebec, my class already starts to fall off.

I'll list the names of the few notable people I've run across. Crescende (HR), Herp Derper (CW I think), Grafik (HR), Gravitron (DC), Brit Spears (HR), AZslyd II (TR), J Squeezyy (HR). All of them make me consider how ridiculous rogue is at the highest level. Much of a nerf and we may very well be useless... barring the fix to SoD.

Granted against noobs it's the ultimate class.
    (Iron Lotus)

edited April 2015
    Shameful then that I have never met any of them. The only classes in this game that can give me trouble are skilled hunters, some CW's and of course a uber tanked DC can hold me off. Have yet to find another rogue that has been difficult. But I digress until we have more balance and leaderboards. I do believe in the current state of the game that TR is op, not claiming they aren't, but when everyone is geared and Tenacity is more prevalent, I could see the class start to take a back seat in team fights. In fact, against Made in Quebec, my class already starts to fall off.

I'll list the names of the few notable people I've run across. Crescende (HR), Herp Derper (CW I think), Grafik (HR), Gravitron (DC), Brit Spears (HR), AZslyd II (TR), J Squeezyy (HR). All of them make me consider how ridiculous rogue is at the highest level. Much of a nerf and we may very well be useless... barring the fix to SoD.

Granted against noobs it's the ultimate class.

With what I said I had a lot of sarcasm and exaggerated a wee bit, I've seen about 2 Rogues completely decimate teams like that. Luckily they were on my team. I've come across a few other Rogues that took a teammate or two and I down without much of a hassle, usually because I get 1 or 2 shotted even if they use their first hit on Fox's Cunning.. I play a trapper hunter and 50% of the Rogues I come across are fair fights 1 on 1 then there are the ones that smash me into oblivion, you'd probably be one of those.

I don't have any tenacity gear yet aside from one piece I just bought earlier.. only hit 60 yesterday. I imagine if I had a full set of tenacity gear Rogues wouldn't be as much of a hassle as they are right now. I can just imagine how discouraging it must be for people who have never played these kind of games and come into a level 60 Domination and meet a Rogue like you.
    edited April 2015
    With what I said I had a lot of sarcasm and exaggerated a wee bit, I've seen about 2 Rogues completely decimate teams like that. Luckily they were on my team. I've come across a few other Rogues that took a teammate or two and I down without much of a hassle, usually because I get 1 or 2 shotted even if they use their first hit on Fox's Cunning.. I play a trapper hunter and 50% of the Rogues I come across are fair fights 1 on 1 then there are the ones that smash me into oblivion, you'd probably be one of those.

I don't have any tenacity gear yet aside from one piece I just bought earlier.. only hit 60 yesterday. I imagine if I had a full set of tenacity gear Rogues wouldn't be as much of a hassle as they are right now. I can just imagine how discouraging it must be for people who have never played these kind of games and come into a level 60 Domination and meet a Rogue like you.

What class are you? If you're a CW or HR you can really give even "good" (hate to even use that word and rogue in the same sentence atm) rogues a run for their money, but it is totally reliant on you having good gear. You don't see 80 percent of rogues doing this tho. KvchY8N.png
    (Iron Lotus)

edited April 2015
    Haha... wow, that is insane. Not cool. No, I haven't seen any Rogue come anywhere near that, in fact, I haven't seen one live the whole match because if one kills me I make it my goal to make sure they die. I play an HR trapper spec and I think I handle myself pretty decently against them, though they are probably my least favorite class to come up against. It's a rush fighting them whether it's unfair sometimes or not, I just hate being one shotted and I'm sure that will change over the week once my gear is up to par.
    edited April 2015
    Haha... wow, that is insane. Not cool. No, I haven't seen any Rogue come anywhere near that, in fact, I haven't seen one live the whole match because if one kills me I make it my goal to make sure they die. I play an HR trapper spec and I think I handle myself pretty decently against them, though they are probably my least favorite class to come up against. It's a rush fighting them whether it's unfair sometimes or not, I just hate being one shotted and I'm sure that will change over the week once my gear is up to par.

Gear will definitely help. So will the dodge buff that you get.
    (Iron Lotus)