test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Map Transfer Failed' - Most Foundry Quests Broken

metonymymetonymy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Since it's an issue that's come with the latest patch, hopefully this is the right place to post it. No, I'm not talking about the initial foundry quests being down after the patch; I am talking about a reoccurring and ongoing issue that has not been fixed yet. The foundry is up and right now some quests - a very slim few - are functioning, so it cannot be said to be down. This is a different problem that has not been addressed as a known issue yet.

Any foundry quest that has more than one map is currently broken. If people attempt to move on to the second map, it displays the error of "[Admin] Map Transfer Failed", and the quest cannot continue; all attempts to finish said foundry quest must then be abandoned because there is no way to proceed.

A few foundry quests happen all on one map. However, only one of these is currently featured and it is not something typically listed on foundry quests so it's mere chance, with odds against, of finding something that doesn't succumb to this map transfer bug.

One - are y'all even aware of this problem?

Two - is there any ETA on when this will be fixed?

Three - as a stopgap measure, can you at least feature single-map foundry quests? If not will there be some way for people to go back and earn astral diamonds that they currently cannot, thanks to your breaking foundry quests?

I'm getting pretty fed up with having the most exciting part of the game cut off from me (along with all the benefits that come with exploring that part of the game). So far it's been 2 days with nary a peep and it's time for some answers, admins.
Post edited by metonymy on

Comments

• joahalexjoahalex Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks. now I know it is not just me!
  • kennethsw88kennethsw88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    joahalex wrote: »
    Thanks. now I know it is not just me!

Hope they fix this soon
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    metonymy wrote: »
    I'm getting pretty fed up with having the most exciting part of the game cut off from me (along with all the benefits that come with exploring that part of the game). So far it's been 2 days with nary a peep and it's time for some answers, admins.

And you won't get any responses. I've got over 120 foundry bugs listed and never gotten an acknowledgement on a single one since closed beta. Don't hold your breath.
  • metonymymetonymy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I'm not exactly about to turn blue over here... It's just so disappointing to me that the most unique aspect of this game, full of rich storytelling and really well put together quests, is also the most neglected. You'd think a game accidentally cutting off its most unique selling point would actually be, you know, cause for alarm among the devs. Or at least cause for acknowledgement. :|
  • noxeynoxey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    metonymy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not exactly about to turn blue over here... It's just so disappointing to me that the most unique aspect of this game, full of rich storytelling and really well put together quests, is also the most neglected. You'd think a game accidentally cutting off its most unique selling point would actually be, you know, cause for alarm among the devs. Or at least cause for acknowledgement. :|

I hope they fix it soon. I feel like a dork, I noticed the join dates and thought this had been an issue since 2012 and still not fixed (I have no clue when Neverwinter came out, so before you call me on it, know that I've not looked it up and can't be arsed to).
    edited April 2015
    noxey wrote: »
    I hope they fix it soon. I feel like a dork, I noticed the join dates and thought this had been an issue since 2012 and still not fixed (I have no clue when Neverwinter came out, so before you call me on it, know that I've not looked it up and can't be arsed to).

Not this particular bug/issue, but there are probably a couple dozen that have been around since mid-2012. Pretty sad. And yet marketing has it as one of four major selling points. Go figure.
  • vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've not been able to do the daily to get AD :confused:
  • eledhel72eledhel72 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't suppose there's a list of which foundry quests don't utilise multiple maps anywhere?
    edited April 2015
    I've had luck with two featured quests - Visitors from the Underdark is I believe the first one, Whispers from the Void is the second. Both are relatively old so I would say look for older quests (where they may be confined to only one map - I am not sure about the history of Foundry additions as time has gone on).
    edited April 2015
    I wonder if this just got fixed -- I received a review on Rise of In-gobbledegook so someone apparently made it through all 6 maps.
    edited April 2015
    Sadly, I'm still getting 'Map Transfer Failed' on most foundry quests I try. Doesn't look like it's fixed yet. :(
  • dravidasdravidas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here last update was a mess it seems, log on now only works in safe mode, and none of the fondary quests I try are working. It`s such a shame. I do hope they fix it soon. I will keep trying daily until it`s fixed for sure. can`t play the game as it is.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My old Featured quest works. I tried it out to see if it fell to the Map Transfer bug. Thankfully it didn't, although it seems very barren and simplistic compared to the newer un-Featured version, which has not come back up yet. It is, however, quite a bit more difficult than it previously was due to the new stat curves and other changes.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • erniihazarderniihazard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    glad I found this thread. I just redownloaded the game after not playing since beta. Brought a couple buddies in with me and was really talking up the foundry... I figured they must have worked out the kinks by now, its such a huge differentiator for this game in the crowded F2P MMO market. I guess I was wrong about that one lol. hopefully it is fixed soon
  • eledhel72eledhel72 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I found one that does work - A1 The Apprentice by HellsHot. It's getting a tad boring doing it twice a day but at least you can get your 2000 diamonds!