test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction House search filters

pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
None of the filters in the auction house work. I gather this is a very old problem, but I can't fathom why it hasn't been fixed.
Post edited by pentnoir on

Comments

• Options
    floydxbafloydxba Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh man, SO FRUSTRATING. The Auction House is **** near unusable.
  • Options
    ainge1ainge1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This needs to be addressed.

More specifically:

Searching by level range does not work.
    Searching by quality does not work.
    Searching by Class does not work.
    In searching for "Mark of Potency" you get all of the Lesser Mark of Potency too because the quality trigger does not work.

If the 3 above issues were resolved, the AH experience would be GREATLY improved.

Thanks,
    Paying Customer
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PC customer here.

Soemtimes I spell the words wrong for the filter (based upon US English) so searching for Armour doesn't work, but Armor does. I'm not sure how that is for Xbox, but it may be a factor.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    hadel21#4226 hadel21 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    when auction house isn't working i will sometimes ask in zone what is wrong with auction house cause when i go looking for something nothing pops up in search and when i also try to type in search right it still will not work and when i chance from 1 toon to the either toon it still does not work for me where it forces me completely out of the game just so i have to reload my self back in just for it to work cause i find this very annoying
  • Options
    ainge1ainge1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not that bud. I appreciate your helpful nature, but the system has a lot of bugs to work out. The main thing that is successful and the only saving grace/ usable function is the ability to search for an item.

tl,dr: The xbox AH issues are not user based, but problems within the code
  • Options
    diablodubsdiablodubs Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2015
    This and the chat not working need to be fixed, a daily update with just one sentence telling us what they are doing would be awesome. or a dev blog for bugs.
  • Options
    diablodubsdiablodubs Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2015
    More people are getting 60 and searching for gear is so bad atm. How do they expect people to spend AD (which will make zen go up) if no one can find anything>
  • Options
    latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    Considering that PC users have been dealing with the issue for a long time now, I highly doubt we will see a fix anytime soon. It's clearly not a priority for the devs as much as the Zen market is :P.
  • Options
    cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A less functioning AH means more people paying Zen and opening boxes etc. To me, this is a marketing gimmick. It will be fixed when they feel they have exploited the early cash shop enough. Until then, they want you buying packages with zen.
  • Options
    ninjaphoenixninjaphoenix Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It seems the only way to search is to type i what you're looking for, so you better know what it is you want. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    sarzec1978sarzec1978 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To add to this when I search for Helmets for the Guardian Fighter I never seem to find any results, I just cant see this as being correct. And I also suffer from the other search filter issues. If you do get the search filters to work, it would also be great if you could add a filter so you only see auctions with buyouts because honestly who wants to bid on an item that you'll have out leveled by the time the 5 days has passed.
  • Options
    westmartialwestmartial Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Considering that PC users have been dealing with the issue for a long time now, I highly doubt we will see a fix anytime soon. It's clearly not a priority for the devs as much as the Zen market is :P.

Clearly you haven't played the computer version to know that the AH works just fine over there and it really helps out with Zen believe it or not.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cummins12v wrote: »
    A less functioning AH means more people paying Zen and opening boxes etc. To me, this is a marketing gimmick. It will be fixed when they feel they have exploited the early cash shop enough. Until then, they want you buying packages with zen.

No an AH that doesn't Function properly means the nothing to how many boxes are opened or not. I am not going to buy keys and open a Tyrannical Lockbox looking for a helmet for a level 21 Guardian fighter or some better PVP equipment for that same character.They are actually losing money cause no one is invest in Zen just to sell for Anseteral Diamonds for that etter gear in the Auction House.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sarzec1978 wrote: »
    To add to this when I search for Helmets for the Guardian Fighter I never seem to find any results, I just cant see this as being correct. And I also suffer from the other search filter issues. If you do get the search filters to work, it would also be great if you could add a filter so you only see auctions with buyouts because honestly who wants to bid on an item that you'll have out leveled by the time the 5 days has passed.

I know your pain when looking for helmets it is rediculous