test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Love the PvP!

munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
What are your thoughts on PvP?

I played quite a bit on the PC version and was overwhelmed with joy when they said they were bringing it to Xbox, as the majority of my friends do not play PC games anymore. I was a little apprehensive at first because I have always been a PC player, the functionality of having a mouse and keyboard makes room for so many options ya know?

Anyways, my rogue is lvl 46 now - Alysin Chains -, and I am LOVING IT! Even more so than PC. It is definitely more challenging than PC for obvious reasons, not having the mouse and keyboard to control camera while smashing buttons etc.

I think it really brings a new lvl of skill involved. It is in my opinion 100% different trying to play, than that of the PC version, and I am happy to say that I enjoy it even more.

Neverwinter has always been an awesome game, but many issues from release date flooded the market and ruined a lot of things for a very long time, permanently in some cases.

If you go to the PC version now, you will have lowbies running around with Perfect enchants and basically fisting anyone they come in contact with, which obviously is fun for no one.

Everyone is on Par and equal. Skill absolutely matters in PvP and it isn't going to get ruined like it did on the PC. Even people that spend a lot of real $$, cant really get that much of a head start on things, other than having cool mounts and such. I could elaborate but I'm not going to waste my breath on the why and how.

All of the frustrations that I had on PC are now gone, and I can enjoy playing the game with my friends again.

I hope to see you all in PvP as its the only thing I like to do!

Hit me up - Alysin Chains, Trickster Rogue -
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    twitchx85twitchx85 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have never played Neverwinter on PC but on XBOX the pvp rocks. I have pvp'd so far with a guardian fighter (Misstress Murder) lvl 45 pvp'd since level 10 numerous times, TR(Feytality) lvl 21 brackets 10-19 and 20-29, and a CW bracket 10-19. I am not the greatest pvper at all and it takes me alot of practice to really find my pvp groove but i love it. I dont mind when i die... hard... lol because i know it was from a better skilled player or better specced player. I have done my fair share of wrecking too. still learning : )

I find it balanced, you just have to know what to do when to kill certain classes in certain fights. It is a blast and i cant wait to get to 60 and get pvp gear and have some fun.

I played Elder Scrolls Online for pc for a while and if that game had small scale pvp of neverwinter and the combat feel and system (which it tried to be as good but failed) the ESO would have been a success in my mind. ESO has no small scale pvp. period

PVP in neverwinter is awesome
  • Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on PvP?

I played quite a bit on the PC version and was overwhelmed with joy when they said they were bringing it to Xbox, as the majority of my friends do not play PC games anymore. I was a little apprehensive at first because I have always been a PC player, the functionality of having a mouse and keyboard makes room for so many options ya know?

Anyways, my rogue is lvl 46 now - Alysin Chains -, and I am LOVING IT! Even more so than PC. It is definitely more challenging than PC for obvious reasons, not having the mouse and keyboard to control camera while smashing buttons etc.

I think it really brings a new lvl of skill involved. It is in my opinion 100% different trying to play, than that of the PC version, and I am happy to say that I enjoy it even more.

Neverwinter has always been an awesome game, but many issues from release date flooded the market and ruined a lot of things for a very long time, permanently in some cases.

If you go to the PC version now, you will have lowbies running around with Perfect enchants and basically fisting anyone they come in contact with, which obviously is fun for no one.

Everyone is on Par and equal. Skill absolutely matters in PvP and it isn't going to get ruined like it did on the PC. Even people that spend a lot of real $$, cant really get that much of a head start on things, other than having cool mounts and such. I could elaborate but I'm not going to waste my breath on the why and how.

All of the frustrations that I had on PC are now gone, and I can enjoy playing the game with my friends again.

I hope to see you all in PvP as its the only thing I like to do!

Hit me up - Alysin Chains, Trickster Rogue -

Why don't you post in the PVP section of the forum?

And don't say because nobody looks at it because someone already posted this EXACT SAME thread in the section and it has 3,450 views.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?857361-What-do-you-new-Xbox-players-think-about-the-PVP
  • Options
    nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Played my first PvP match just this morning and had a blast. We went down early but came back, sadly in the end we lost but only by about 40 points so it was a close game. Got 1 kill, 2 deaths, and 15 assists, finished 7th overall (and 3rd best on my team). Considering I haven't geared anything specifically for PvP and was just using what I've been running around with, really had a lot of fun.

And the best part was I didn't even know an Arena PvP event was going on, so bonus glory was a surprise!