test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When people spend alot of time on the forums it means...

denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
My opinion is simple, people who enjoy the game don't spend time on the forums, they are playing it. People who don't enjoy it/are not satisfied with it spend alot of time on the forum posting their opinion on how to improve it and what would return the fun to playing the game.

Currently, I'm at the point of not having fun playing the game. Myself and alot of other players feel like my class(warlock) was ruined for no reason, we've made posts over posts of suggestions and bug reporting. I spent over 100 hours myself reporting and testing bugs in beta and writing threads and discussing on how to improve the condition of warlocks. And I realize the reason I did so much on the forums is because, I didn't enjoy the game anymore.

No new content(re used maps filled with a bunch of random quests that dont make sense), no new campaign, no storyline aside from the first 3 quests intro which were really good. The rest was not.
I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
Post edited by denvald on

Comments

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We've spent all day in the Fiery Pit, and are scarcely halfway through it. My partner has been one of the sole "let's give it a chance" voice, but now even she's using words that she didn't learn in Sunday school.

Now.. bear in mind.. we don't mind long quests and long times to level, but we've already explored everything there is to see here. It's tedious, boring and about to get replaced by Diablo III. ($40+$40 for the game, and another $40+$40 for the expansion pack... someone else can math for me. My brain is oatmeal mush from this neverending hell of completely non-creative and uninspired lazing game development that we are being subjected to... but that's what we wouldn't be spending on this piece of sh*t.)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There definately needs to be more variety. Even at Mod 4 people were feeling the grind of dalies. Mod 5 made it horrible for the existing 60's, even worse for those who didn't get drops and worse yet when a fellow guild mate gets gem after gem and you have nothing. Mod 6 I missed, but it was a terrible battle-royale against a dragon whose name was butchered for no reason and more dalies and HE's which were left abandoned in favor of Tiamat. Sometimes the little bugs are no issue, sometimes little bugs are known, even on preview, and nothing is done before the release. By this I point to the artifact bug which was fixed two days after the live release.
    Right now I am not able to enjoy the game because the log-in server can't handle it's load or something because I'm currently stuck at "Attempting to connect to controller tracker.."
    So, now I here putting in my displeased two cents. And don't get me started on the economy and the 1% success rates on some things and broken RNG.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @OP: I get what you're saying in general. I basically concur with it, in general.

But your reasoning for 'why people use the forums' is way off the mark. WAY off. Some people just like to stay informed and maintain a 'social' conversation about the game.

With that said, I'll say this: the Grinding doesn't bother me so much because I'm not in some crazy race to be first at the top. Hell, I've only just started Mod 1 (Sharandar) a month ago and just completed it with my first (of 15) toons, almost completed Dread Ring; one day a way from finishing it when they dropped the Level 70 'you will die always hence' hammer on me. So now I've left DR with it literally 98% done.

So now I go to level up a shiny new class, which I'll do twice (one for each path) - as I do that I casually take my other toons through a daily or two. The key word here is 'casually'. The "grind" isn;t so much of a grind if you only do a daily one or twice a week. It is when you try to do a daily daily that it becomes an annoying grind. But if you were to play one toon today, and the other tomorrow and alternate between the two (everyone gets at least two) then it's not so annoying.

My personal impression is that if the daily quests are an annoying grind for you then you should probably reconsider your life priorities and maybe spend a little more time in the real world because you might be overdoing it in the game world. No insults intended here, just saying that if the game limitations become annoying to you then you may be trying to hard.

Now - beyond the grinding/variety issue: I definitely concur that the difficulty curve post 60 is a bit on the ridiculous side of things. The squishies like Warlocks and Clerics have it tough (at least the Wizards have some control powers, but even that may not always be enough). Too many elitist like to shout from the rooftops "L2P!!11!" - which is nonsense. And brings me back to the argument of: if it's not fun in that zone, go to another that is.

Just food for thought.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, we can "casually" finish everything by the time mod 10 comes up. And "casually" purchase things with the credit card so that we "casually" get nerfed out of the love towards casualty and major injury kits.

Perhaps when you finish the "casual' leveling and join where the content really matters you might just "casually" change your opinion.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    c1k4ml3kc3 wrote: »
    Yeah, we can "casually" finish everything by the time mod 10 comes up. And "casually" purchase things with the credit card so that we "casually" get nerfed out of the love towards casualty and major injury kits.

Perhaps when you finish the "casual' leveling and join where the content really matters you might just "casually" change your opinion.

I have been playing continuously since Alpha and already have 12 toons that are already there. I have not changed my opinion. But that's the freedom we all enjoy: I have my opinion, you have yours. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think angrysprite said it very well. I was so frustrated with the grind between 61-70 and the repetitive and dull quests, and even though I got through it somehow (with azure enchants and peppered with some PvP and daily dragons for the XP) I hit the 70 'endgame' and didn't really see much else beyond being killed so many times, over and over, by mobs that I used to squash.

I guess with the new mod I got too invested in it, hoping that it would bring me so much enjoyment, and was sorely disappointed instead. But that's life isn't it? So I went out and did something else. And yes, I enjoyed not playing Neverwinter for a bit. I still log in now and then to see what my guildmates are up to, and join in to do some quests here and there. I've taken the pressure off myself to have to complete T2 dungeons (and I expect a fix for that, just not 'now'. It's the weekend, the devs are probably not at work).

I'm not saying that there aren't glaring imbalances in the classes, and that there aren't bugs, lag and a lot of discontent with the player base. Personally, I think the SW got a really big shaft this Mod, and I don't know why the devs don't seem to be paying attention. Maybe they don't play the class? But that's a poor excuse and hopefully they realise this.

So yeah, there's more to it than just this game, this Mod. I hope for fixes, but I don't expect it soon. Anyway, those are my two cents. Peace.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have been playing continuously since Alpha and already have 12 toons that are already there. I have not changed my opinion. But that's the freedom we all enjoy: I have my opinion, you have yours. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Ignorance's no basis for an opinion, nor is the playing Alpha giving you any advantage over the current mod. I'd be very interested in seeing the completion of epic dungeons by your standard.
    True Neutral
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @OP: I get what you're saying in general. I basically concur with it, in general.

But your reasoning for 'why people use the forums' is way off the mark. WAY off. Some people just like to stay informed and maintain a 'social' conversation about the game.

With that said, I'll say this: the Grinding doesn't bother me so much because I'm not in some crazy race to be first at the top. Hell, I've only just started Mod 1 (Sharandar) a month ago and just completed it with my first (of 15) toons, almost completed Dread Ring; one day a way from finishing it when they dropped the Level 70 'you will die always hence' hammer on me. So now I've left DR with it literally 98% done.

So now I go to level up a shiny new class, which I'll do twice (one for each path) - as I do that I casually take my other toons through a daily or two. The key word here is 'casually'. The "grind" isn;t so much of a grind if you only do a daily one or twice a week. It is when you try to do a daily daily that it becomes an annoying grind. But if you were to play one toon today, and the other tomorrow and alternate between the two (everyone gets at least two) then it's not so annoying.

My personal impression is that if the daily quests are an annoying grind for you then you should probably reconsider your life priorities and maybe spend a little more time in the real world because you might be overdoing it in the game world. No insults intended here, just saying that if the game limitations become annoying to you then you may be trying to hard.

Now - beyond the grinding/variety issue: I definitely concur that the difficulty curve post 60 is a bit on the ridiculous side of things. The squishies like Warlocks and Clerics have it tough (at least the Wizards have some control powers, but even that may not always be enough). Too many elitist like to shout from the rooftops "L2P!!11!" - which is nonsense. And brings me back to the argument of: if it's not fun in that zone, go to another that is.

Just food for thought.

I have played casually in mod 5, for the most part it worked, because my class was not competitive in PvP there was nothing for me to get competitive with.

I could raise a new character, but I'm so bummed out about starting over, I have full 100% completion on every campaign among with companions and artifacts on my warlock.

I'm still waiting for the monk class... :P My favorite class of all times, that'll be another story, getting the pleasure of punching **** in the face.. and if they dare making a monk that doesn't fight with fists it's game over XD

I think you are right, I didn't say it out loud but after writing my 10k word essay about warlocks in the class forums, I decided to play casually and not get involved too much in the game (or as much), but I feel so bad about the performance of my class i just can't help being bummed otherwise, and the thought of investing time to raise a new char just to be nerfed into nothingness really just makes me want to not play anymore

• Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmm right, there is nothing wrong when you do "daily" quests only on weekly basis; when you finish two-year-old content just some day ago; nothing wrong with gear levels that just can never be achieved without botting or paying $$$.
    /sarcasm off

What that angrysprite guy is saying like this:
    You play soccer with a ball made of iron… just play it casually LOL. Sit on the grass, chill, drink a beer, sometimes just roll the ball a little bit closer to the goal… then have a chat with you friends… because what is a game, right? What he says is basicall, dont really play the game…
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @OP I know the pain, I hit 70 in 2 days...the level of no-lifing there is real :p However, I would suggest if you going to leave this game, go to path of exile instead of diablo 3. It has a few advantages over diablo 3 with the sole disadvantage of looking worse. Firstly, it is actually free to play, the only things you can buy in game are cosmetics and bag size, literally, in fact, this is what the devs have to say about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19sqGjmNlY. Secondly, the skill system in path of exile is far more complex and diverse then that in D3....It is a game where you can truly develop a build of your own, your creativity and ingenuity is rewarded.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I enjoy the game, even after mod 6. And I'm here in the forums pretty regularly. One either enjoys the game or they don't, I see no reason to rage and hate on it.

Besides, I'm looking forward to when we can all laugh about this. You know, when the Xboxers get this mod. and all of us who have had months to adjust, and gear up, can just point and giggle.

See, upsides in everything :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    c1k4ml3kc3 wrote: »
    Ignorance's no basis for an opinion, nor is the playing Alpha giving you any advantage over the current mod. I'd be very interested in seeing the completion of epic dungeons by your standard.

Let us just say we have different life-priorities. Mine is rooted in the real. :)
    You have my permission to plonk me with the last word on it.
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I enjoy the game, even after mod 6. And I'm here in the forums pretty regularly. One either enjoys the game or they don't, I see no reason to rage and hate on it.

Besides, I'm looking forward to when we can all laugh about this. You know, when the Xboxers get this mod. and all of us who have had months to adjust, and gear up, can just point and giggle.

See, upsides in everything :D

Now this is an attitude I can jump into. LOL

Fact: too many people take this game too seriously. Those of you who do may not realize it, but you might want to be careful that you don't blow a gasket. :)
  • Options
    guessswho9guessswho9 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When you've paid a hundred dollars for the damned game, it's hard to not take it seriously
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    guessswho9 wrote: »
    When you've paid a hundred dollars for the damned game, it's hard to not take it seriously

Meh, paid a lot more... most days I just log to do the invoke and leave it at that. Like Angrysprite, I have other interesting things to do in the real world.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    guessswho9 wrote: »

I agree with you. And you should take whatever that game is seriously. As for Neverwinter: it's worth every penny you paid for it when you signed-up (nothing). Any money spent after that is for purely selfish cosmetic reasons. Meaning it's all about you. (Which is true for all of us.)
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm on the Forums almost daily, and I play/enjoy the game just fine.

But that's just me, so the rest I say simply this...

Suum cuique. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm on the Forums almost daily, and I play/enjoy the game just fine.

But that's just me, so the rest I say simply this...

Suum cuique. :cool:

In my case, it was true. In the meanwhile, I tried 4 other games and none I liked. So I'm back here, and I decided to break the old habit and make a new character... So I made a rogue, and tbh it's really fun.

Enjoying it so far :cool:

• Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never really came to the forums and posted until this messed up mod came out. But all is not lost on it. Seeing how it's spring and getting nice out I have found myself spending almost all day outside, instead of playing this game. I just log in in the morning do my leadership professions and log back out,done with 12 toons in about 20 minutes.Also "MY" wallet is now fatter then the game wallet this month. So yes there is a brighter ,sunny upside to this mess.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I only came to the forums way back, when i did meet few bugs and didn't know where to turn.

Played this game for over 5 months, when i've discovered, the game had a forum. LOL I tried to help myself first, but met a wall and then only after several days, i came here.

Since that i keep an eye daily on the forums, but actually not my thing, i don't participate in any other forums anymore, not even in sport ones, which was my fav, world has changed simply too much and not for the best.

Some count me to the freaks, but my only intention is and still will be to keep a good standard of the game. Yes i am critical, but this comes from my own life and over 20 years of DnD expertise.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Let us just say we have different life-priorities. Mine is rooted in the real. :)
    You have my permission to plonk me with the last word on it.

Fact: too many people take this game too seriously. Those of you who do may not realize it, but you might want to be careful that you don't blow a gasket. :)

In other words, your points are even more irrelevant by any means, standard or situation in terms of fair forum use for the discussion and could be seen as nothing more than mere trolling and intentional bias towards people who actually play the game on a level that you simply do not appreciate nor see as anything more than "serious". It would be just that you don't try to stereotype people and lead your opinions by mere prejudice by imposing how and why games should be played while disregarding its value despite the fact that you took the liberty to bash upon the very people who do play the game and do care to see it's content changed to a degree with constructive effort on mind. Instead to do something of relevance you ignite the irrelevance of the status quo by your own merit of how and to what degree others should behave and/or think about. The nerve, pal. Priceless.

Perhaps you should then do more of "real life" things and leave "us" who want to see the downright awful status quo actually changed in order to have to leave the "serious" part behind and actually enjoy the game!? How about that? Thank you.
    True Neutral