test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Healer Class Lacking

lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Is there any chance that we will see another ACTUAL healing class in the future? The Pally may have healing, but he's not a healer class. He's a tank that can heal himself sometimes. That's their role. I want to see a Bard or Shaman to give us some more healer classes. (Throw in the Gnome race so I can do a Gnome Bard ;)). As of now I think this is how our roles go so far:

Leader- Cleric (Pally 2nd role)
Control- Wizard (Ranger/Warlock second role)
Striker- Ranger, Rogue, Warlock (GWF? 1st role)
Defender- Guardian Fighter, Paladin (GWF? 2nd role)

I don't know that the GWF is a Defender or a Striker first. He doesn't seem able to hold mobs as well as his counterpart, nor is the damage output all that great. Someone with one fill me in on that, please. Two of the Striker roles have control abilities, but honestly the wizard IS control. Anyway, It is clear that the Healers/Leaders of this game are few and far between. I never cared much in WoW with the different ones, but with 1 healer it's a must.

TD;LR
Healers have one in that role, while we have at least two in the others. Control have a couple of splashers from the striker role. We need a bard/shaman to give us more options to heal, and maybe more people to play one. I may not be the only one who would want this. Thanks for reading and give the devs some feedback on this. And it's not about comparing this to WoW. D&D is the sole reason that game even exists. We need the classes we can play at our tables every night of the week.
Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
5.jpg
Post edited by lordsarverious on

Comments

• draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Warlock is supposed to have a path/tree for healing but I am not sure many people will roll that way. Everyone is DPS happy and just expect someone else to play the healer for them LOL. Thankfully people like myself enjoy healing and pride themselves on doing the best possible job they can.
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, the Damage is where everyone is... until they die. I won't go out of my way for an overzealous fighter (read: player, not actually fighter) who keeps on getting agro from the whole room before the rest reach it. Maybe if they die once and take injuries, they will chill out and play with the group. I will look at the 'Lock skill tree. May roll one up for healing just to see it work.
    5.jpg
  • twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    The Warlock is supposed to have a path/tree for healing but I am not sure many people will roll that way. Everyone is DPS happy and just expect someone else to play the healer for them LOL. Thankfully people like myself enjoy healing and pride themselves on doing the best possible job they can.

I've currently got Warlock and Cleric rolls on Xbox One that are ALL about 'deals-and-heals'. The Warlock in particular actually provides BETTER healing the more DPS he does (due to the shared life steal abilities), so it's perfectly possible to do both, :) !
  • ukravahukravah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was going to say the warlock is a healer, and quite a good one at that. its not as direct as maybe the cleric. but can be used
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From some of the better guides out there I've read about the Cleric, their heals are only part of the role. They actually excel quite well at damage mitigation if you choose to go that route. Don't need to heal as much when you are hardly taking damage.

@lordsarverious - I rolled a GWF as my main but I've found myself in a quandary. My group is all DPS and one Healer. So far so good, but the aggro becomes an issue which makes our Healer's life difficult. Originally I specced to DPS and I could out DPS most anyone other than good rogues with my group or a PUG. But that started to taper off as I leveled higher. Then when the aggro issues came up I respecced to try and be a tank as the GWF. I don't know that it can truly work. As an off tank, with an actual GF in the party, its great. I can control mobs and pull elites/bosses if GF gets in trouble. Generating threat is never a problem. Soaking up the damage to me is, can't take it. Therefore I can't hold aggro. Maybe a build specced completely for defense, deflect, and lifesteal could but you'll still not do it as well as a GF in my experience. So to answer what roll the GWF falls in I'd put it under DPS. With a crit build and certain trees, the damage possible is quite good.
  • eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Clerics certainly can finish top damage and heals , oddly have been out healed by Scourge warlocks on many occasions !!
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
    edited April 2015
    @lordsarverious - I rolled a GWF as my main but I've found myself in a quandary. My group is all DPS and one Healer. So far so good, but the aggro becomes an issue which makes our Healer's life difficult. Originally I specced to DPS and I could out DPS most anyone other than good rogues with my group or a PUG. But that started to taper off as I leveled higher. Then when the aggro issues came up I respecced to try and be a tank as the GWF. I don't know that it can truly work. As an off tank, with an actual GF in the party, its great. I can control mobs and pull elites/bosses if GF gets in trouble. Generating threat is never a problem. Soaking up the damage to me is, can't take it. Therefore I can't hold aggro. Maybe a build specced completely for defense, deflect, and lifesteal could but you'll still not do it as well as a GF in my experience. So to answer what roll the GWF falls in I'd put it under DPS. With a crit build and certain trees, the damage possible is quite good.

Thanks for the feedback on the GWF. That is about what I see too. They can't deal out enough damage to what they're taking and the agro goes to someone else. I'd have to get one to see if your ideas would help them out.
    eroticdoom wrote: »
    Clerics certainly can finish top damage and heals , oddly have been out healed by Scourge warlocks on many occasions !!

Never seen a heal'lock. Would be awesome to see one vs. a good Cleric.
    5.jpg
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Paladin is not a healer? Wat? I'd say healadin is a better healer than a faithful DC.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there any chance that we will see another ACTUAL healing class in the future? The Pally may have healing, but he's not a healer class. He's a tank that can heal himself sometimes. That's their role.

You are very much mistaken. The Paladin is actually two classes, and very much different from anything released so far. Unlike the other classes where the paragon choices are mainly just flavor choices. For the Paladin its paragon choice alters the class so significantly that even the queue sees it as two classes. The Protection Paladin is seen by the game as a tank class and is what you describe. The Devotion Paladin, on the other hand, is seen by the game as a full leader, will queue as a leader, and is very much a fully developed healing class. In many respects can offer serious competition for Clerics. For example, the Paladin offers an At-will heal, and the only resurrection power in the game. This is something even Clerics cant match.
    edited April 2015
    The power to rez? That is intense.
    5.jpg
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The power to rez? That is intense.

Not really. It's just an aura that automatically heals downed players and give them resurrection sickness. So if your team mate dies in an aoe and gets insta-resurrected he will just die on the spot again? There is a plenty of better auras than this useless aura.

And it's not the only resurrection power per se. Lathander artifact can ressurect a downed player in 60' or 80' range. And will give them a plenty of HP too.