test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does HR stack up?

neunanneunan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Wilds
Hello everyone I am fairly new to this game and I am currently playing a level 27 ranger. I was simply wondering how you think this class fairs in terms of dps and dungeon viability at higher levels. I have seen several different answers ranging from its great to pretty much it sucks.
Post edited by neunan on

Comments

• katozeekatozee Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    If you pick Archery or Melee paragon paths, then yes it sucks as you describe it. If you pick Trapper build then prepare to slaughter everything in your way. I would recomend reading either mine or j0kerspsycho builds in these forums for a refined trapper build. His is if you want to go Stormwarden and mine is if you go down Pathfinder.
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What katozee said, if you are looking to do well choose trapper tree. Archery does good single target damage but nothing in this game is single target except for pvp and for pvp archery has no CC or survivability so it gets eaten alive. Combat is really bad atm and i think that when you get full profound gear (max lvl highest teir pvp gear) it would become a monster because of wild medicine and the amount of deflection you get and the 4 set which says when you deflect you heal for 2% of max hp. This could make the combat tree a giant tank in pvp, but i will test that when im full pvp gear.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • katozeekatozee Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    Even if you do have your heart set on playing purely with the bow and arrow (like someone I know in guild for RP reasons) I would recomend this setup for the archery tree line:

At Wills: Aimed Shot + Rapid Shot
    Encounters: Hawk Shot + Binding Arrow + Commanding Shot
    Dailies: Disruptive Shot + Forest Ghost
    Features: Aspect of the Hawk + Aspect of the Pack

This way all your melee abilities are party buffs and you can then hold claim when not featuring anywhere on Dps charts that you assisting the team with the following:

Permenant Combat Advantage (+15% attack) / Damage Buff / Defense Buff / Regen Buff / Hit Point Buff

Aspect of the Hawk for the synergy with Hawk shot + Stillness of the forest to further boost damage. Also opening Comanding shot at long range lowers targets def/atk applies prey which increases your damage by 40%, use hawk eye which increases your next attack by 15% and if you can get the range back stillness of the forest has a max of +10% damage at max range. So your next shot which should be Hawk shot at max range will have a 65% Damage + CA of 15% making 80% buff against a lowered def target.

A possible opener could be:

Comanding Shot > Hawk Eye > Hawk Shot

If you had pathfinder (he didn't RP reasons) you could apply Careful Attack before you hit Comanding Shot that would add an extra 5% damage buff giving your Hawk Shot an 85% damage buff when it hits which is some nice spike damage.

But after setting up all that you will see "Dodged" (^^,)
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Long story short, Absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> until lvl 50.
    @lvl 50+ only viable path is trapper.

Well done making this class PWE/Cryptic...
    21.jpg
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Long story short, Absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> until lvl 50.
    @lvl 50+ only viable path is trapper.

Well done making this class PWE/Cryptic...

Cause every class has three viable feat path lol. This game is just like any other mmo, theres the best set ups, then theres the others.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR