test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Xbox One) World First: Master Mailsmith

jeremyl84jeremyl84 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
On 4-14-2015, 9:47 AM (EDT), I reached Max Mailsmithing. I looked all over and seen no other posts, anywhere, claiming world first for this, nor have I EVER seen any mailsmithing items on the trade house higher than the level I could make. They were all several levels under mine, to be exact. Nor have I seen anyone wearing crafted items higher that what I could make.
Post edited by jeremyl84 on

Comments

• nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That is a heck of a lot of assumptions. And you know what they say about that.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, there is no proof of this, and it is very well possible to max mailsmithing under seven days if you invest in the proper assets.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well congratulations to OP on maxing the trade, but I have a question for the more experienced crafters familiar with all the trades. Is something like Mailsmithing a lot easier/quicker to level than Leadership? I'm level 11 leadership on my main and I've been putting a lot of effort into it, it just seems so slow.. note that I don't have a Hero, just one adventurer. Just reading here that it only takes 7 days to master Mailsmithing seems a little crazy and makes me wonder if that's anywhere near possible with Leadership.
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    jeremyl84 wrote: »
    On 4-14-2015, 9:47 AM (EDT), I reached Max Mailsmithing. I looked all over and seen no other posts, anywhere, claiming world first for this, nor have I EVER seen any mailsmithing items on the trade house higher than the level I could make. They were all several levels under mine, to be exact. Nor have I seen anyone wearing crafted items higher that what I could make.

Congratulations, now you can get back to REAL LIFE.
  • nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Leadership it the slowest of all the professions, because it has the greatest reward at the end (the harvesting of AD). From what I've read it takes about 4 months to fully level leadership, but at that point you will be reaping massive AD rewards because of it.
    edited April 2015
    nickisis wrote: »
    Leadership it the slowest of all the professions, because it has the greatest reward at the end (the harvesting of AD). From what I've read it takes about 4 months to fully level leadership, but at that point you will be reaping massive AD rewards because of it.

Cool, thanks man, I figured it was going to take a while.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, there is no proof of this, and it is very well possible to max mailsmithing under seven days if you invest in the proper assets.

Care to elaborate or point me in the right direction? Trying to level jewel crafting and tailoring for rings and shirt pants, it's a slow going process...
    edited April 2015
    I would imagine the people that are crafting rather fast are using the rare and epic crafting assets like Master Mailsmith and what not to make things go 25% and 50% faster.
  • jeremyl84jeremyl84 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, show me how to provide proof, and I gladly will, Should anybody else have reached max before me, let them speak. Then I will gladly step aside. It'd be nice if there was a way to track these things through xbox achievements or the the in-game achievements list. Some sort of dating system or something.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    Care to elaborate or point me in the right direction? Trying to level jewel crafting and tailoring for rings and shirt pants, it's a slow going process...

It's all in the timing, look ahead at what is required for highest XP/time at next level, and make sure you craft the stuff you need as you level. Don't craft "dead end" items, which are ones that cannot be upgraded further. And time stuff out, know when tasks are going to end, and plan ahead accordingly.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • xxgrimnevilxxxxgrimnevilxx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spuratis wrote: »
    Cool, thanks man, I figured it was going to take a while.

Yeah I am only at level 2 on leadership and some of the tasks take 8 hours to complete. I guess that if I wanted to spend the AD, I could make it go quicker, but as this is my first MMO I am still trying to get a handle on the basics. So I am not in a rush.
  • runforcover623runforcover623 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    currently at lvl 8 leadership and lvl 7 blacksmth lol
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Hate to pop your bubble, but the player "Los Porterboy P" has been making those items for over 5 days now. Still, congrats on your achievement
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Nobody cares Jeremy - now go pay off those credit cards.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I am only at level 2 on leadership and some of the tasks take 8 hours to complete. I guess that if I wanted to spend the AD, I could make it go quicker, but as this is my first MMO I am still trying to get a handle on the basics. So I am not in a rush.

The key is to look at what the rewards are, rather than looking at how high a level it is - that figure in yellow is the one you want to look at if you want to gain levels quickly.

For instance (and this is from memory, as I'm at work right now, so may not be 100% accurate) the rare level 8 task 'Gather Astral Diamonds' nets you 400 AD and 40 Leadership XP over 8 hours. The normal level 5 task 'Protect Caravans' nets you 100 AD and 40 leadership XP over 2 hours

So if you have the time to keep chipping in, you can actually earn FOUR TIMES the experience and the same 'financial' rewards!

Basically, if you set up the 'short term' jobs while actually playing and the long term jobs before you switch off at night (or maybe if you log on first thing in the morning if you have time before work/school), you get best combination of AD return and levelling experience
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No one would post this sort of 'accomplishment' because it's not important, nobody cares, and it's not hard. It's like being the first person to do 100 consecutive laps of Protector's Enclave.

However, you are certainly the first to post a useless first, and then get defensive about it, so gratz for that!