test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Companion Advice and General End Game Advice

masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Wilds
I have Ioun Stone of Allure, Fire Archon, Erinyes of Belial, Dancing Blade, and Mercenary Companion. I think I could do better then the Mercenary. What are some of you other hunters using? I like the Hunting Hawk, but I don't know if I want to spend another 35$ on the game. I got lucky and sold a rage mount before they became common and being sold for cheap in the Auction House now. I made 1.8 million on it and bought myself some nice stuff for my Hunter.

I enjoy this class a lot more then my Warlock. How viable are hunters end game? Are they sought out for Epic Dungeon runs?
Post edited by masterwolf56 on

Comments

• katozeekatozee Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    Wow thats a pretty penny you spent there however comma you could have all the mega uber chocolate covered companions in the game but it depends on how you spec'd your HR to determine your viabilty. If you are in a guild then it won't matter as I will assume you will be venturing with them.

As for sought out though, they are just classed as another Dps, I belive they are prefferable in the Dread Vault due to the saftey margin of attacking the boss at range.
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually didn't spend that much. I bought some Zen on day 1 and sold it for a huge chunk of astral diamonds. I bought a few keys and got lucky with the drake. I sold that immediately instead of what other people did which is bind them. I knew that the price would go down on them once demand went down. So I didn't spend any more then what I did with Defiance when that was released for XBox.

What I plan to do is do a lot of PvP which someone said that the gear is slightly better then Tier 1 gear. I did a lot of research to see what gear other end game rangers are using on PC, so that's why I chose the companions that I did. Some of those companions aren't available yet on Xbox so I did the best I could with gear. When Zen went down to less then 100 Astrals, I bought them up and then resold them for what they're going for now. So I'ts playing economics. I bought all the packs except for the Ranger one and the Dragon Legends one. I'll probably wait for the Dragon one later when I want to roll up a Wizard. I already have an extra Fire Archon in the bank for him. I bought that cheap considering. Anyway, I just wanted to know what other companion would be better then Mercenary for my final companion.

I am looking for a guild. I am on a lot and want to be in a strong guild of players. I played end game EQ back in the day and was a great bard. I am looking to bring some of my skills to this game as well. So I'll take any advice that anyone can give me to make me even better here. I have a 60 Warlock but now I'm grinding up to 60 on my Ranger. My Ranger has become my main character. Thanks for any advice. As far as build, I am using this one. Its the last comment on the post. When I solo, I use Rapid Shot instead of Hunter's Teamwork. I feel I kill things much quicker that way.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?546451-Kasenpoint-s-Hunter-Ranger-Endgame-Hybrid-Build/page7
    edited April 2015
    That setup for PvP will work fine, its all preference on how you play it aside from that the gear is just the PvP gear... the better your tenacity the more use it will be for you. PvE wise I would strongly recomend a trapper build with encounters to synergise them. Going down the archery or melee build if you want to nerf your own damage output.
    edited April 2015
    Hmm. Thanks for the info. I think I'll stick with the build I have until I get everything I want with the Glory, then respec later when I join a raid type guild. It would probably be faster if I did Tier 1 and then moved on to the higher tiers. I just hate PUGs.
    edited April 2015
    If you want the fast root, farm cloak tower for seals, buy gear from vendor to hit 8300GS then farm Lair of the Pirate King for seals and buy from vendor. As far as builds go and whats availible in the xbox forum side of things I would strongly recomend either j0kerspsycho (if you want stormwarden) and my build (if you want pathfinder).
    edited April 2015
    I hit level 60 and still running the archer build. I'm doing pretty good so far but am willing to try other builds. Respec coins aren't too expensive. Hopefully I can find a group that wants to farm for seals. It takes a while to sit in queue for groups if not a cleric. I fibished the main storyline for my Ranger, so there's nothing to do in between the waiting for group. I'll just farm dragons for coins for now. My cleric get's into groups like how fast my other characters get into skirmishes.
    edited April 2015
    Well you can have a perusal at my gameclips to show how I use my build, whilst you are waiting in for groups (^^,)

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/b53a6f39-2dfa-4530-993a-74227aba7c5c?gamerTag=KatoZee&scid=8dd60100-6cc0-42f2-bb3e-c47b184a79f5

But back onto your topic with regards to companions to use. If you was to go down mine or j0kerspsycho builds then I would recomend the following companions:

Wererate thief : 3% poison chance on encounter, works for aoe as well. (you will see it trigger often considering how quickly you use encounters)

Slyblade Kobold: +3% damage to rooted or stunned targets. The build is all about the roots.

Ioun stone: you have

fire archon: you have

I like to have honey badger because of the def buff but feel free to use anything there.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know I should get a stone, but I love having creatures with me... I'm rocking the kobold (zen market, +dmg to rooted), the orc wolf (+crit), the mercenary drow (heirloom pack, +ap, +crit), the warerat (Drake seals, +chance to poison) and the assassin drake (+recovery, +ap).
    If I had to swap someone out for a stone, I'm guessing it'd be the orc wolf.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.