test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Boons Account wide ?

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So i had idea but cause we did all the quest on one character to unlock the boons wondering if make it account wide so we dont have to wait for 10-20 days again to unlock those boons and also the reward from the campaign shareable between accounts ?
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i love this idea.
  • Options
    berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2015
    Probably won't happen, they want you to keep playing the game with something to do on new characters.

With that said, I wish they would make certain companions account-wide too. But they haven't even made a storage separately for mounts... so I don't know how long it would take them to actually give us that, if at all. : /
  • Options
    wyckedstudioswyckedstudios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I very strongly dislike this suggestion. Just run your main through everything, and get a whole stable of pumped up toons? The game is not in that dire of a need for Easy Mode.
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yet dont like redoing everything again really annoys me reminds me of vigil grind waiting 20 hour a day
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I very strongly dislike this suggestion. Just run your main through everything, and get a whole stable of pumped up toons? The game is not in that dire of a need for Easy Mode.

Is that so? Let's say you have 1 alt. I would say that's reasonable, yes? How many Linus total do you need for boons?

I rest my case.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You need Boons go to STORE the easiest way,
    for the new zones (woD) will probably later updated.

Free account wide unlock of boons Lol? will Never happen!
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    vitizaxvitizax Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The whole idea of campaings is you WASTE TIME, they are not fun, they are obligatory, repetitive... who really enjoy doing same daily for a month of even more?

Once you understand this you can imagine they will never make booms account wide, it goes against the main idea of campaings, wasting time.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    So i had idea but cause we did all the quest on one character to unlock the boons wondering if make it account wide so we dont have to wait for 10-20 days again to unlock those boons and also the reward from the campaign shareable between accounts ?

I can easily tell it won't happen.

But what *might* happen is that campaigns are reworked in a more streamlined way (currently every campaign has a completely different system, one has reputation, one has a repeatable task, the other 2 have sequential tasks...), and completing one campaign grants a special task that gets you an account-bound item that other characters can consume and have a bonus on advancing in that campaign. It's how it works in STO.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't see the problem in this.
    You've suffered through the ridiculousness of Sharandar, the tediousness of Dreadring, and even the incessant grind of IWD/ToD, why not share that with your entire account?
    At the very least, make them unlocked to begin with, so each toon would have to grind currency but not reputation.

It's not like Boons make the character, considering every worthwhile set is BoP or crafted.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...won't happen.

I'd really love some, ungh, discount for the toons already pulled through, though. Or a token gain bonus. Whatever. Like 10% lower costs or +25% token gain per toon that has already completed that campaign.

But that acc-wide thing won't ever happen - not when there's Campaign-insta-completion-packs in the ZEN store's "Services" department...
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They have like sponsorship token or something similar (can remember, not playing for a year) in Star Trek Online, which gives u more XP in (their) reputation system = Boons. It could be translated here in a form which could lower the demands on particular requirement needed to advnce. (ie. if u need like 9 abjuring charms, and have boons sponsorship from other toon activated u would need 33% less, eg u need 6, etc etc)
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You are asking the same people who just built an ENTIRE MOD around doing repetitive, boring tasks, to let you out of doing other repetitive, boring tasks?

In this game, repetition = content. They can claim they added tons of new content, by simply making you do the same content over and over. Thats a big selling point.

I could see a reduction in the requirements, or maybe a reduction in the time gating, for alts...maybe. Account wide unlocks, no.