test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Renegade Drow?

xxgrimnevilxxxxgrimnevilxx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I am currently running a Drow TR. I see that the heros of the north opens up the Renegade Drow as a player class and I am wondering if there is any difference between the two?
Post edited by xxgrimnevilxx on

Comments

• krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There's a class forum for threads like this.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2015
    Sorry, but I don't see a class forum on anything about specific races. If its on pc forum, not going there as I'm an Xbox gamer. Please post a link to the Xbox thread pointing to race differences...no? To me your response is rude, this is a general question thread is it not?

As it stands, can anyone list or link the bonuses for characters you buy in Zen packs? I'm curious as well....
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter this is the PC side, but your Drow information is the same.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think it's a fair enough question - there aren't that many folk here on the Xbox forums.

The answer to your question is that the two are mostly alike - the big difference is that the Renegade Drow has Faerie Fire rather than Darkfire.

Darkfire: You have 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Darkfire for 4 seconds, reducing its Defense by 10%

Faerie Fire: You have 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Faerie fire for 4 seconds, reducing its Defense AND POWER by 6%
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • luciousxxvorenusluciousxxvorenus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    There's a class forum for threads like this.

Not only does he offer the elitist credo "wrong forum for this question you dumb ****" friendly advice to us Xbox newcomers, he also fails to realize the difference between "classes" and "races" in his hurry to put down the lowly newcomer. Good show sir! May you smite every newbie that joins the forums! How dare they bother the forum's royalty by taking up forum space with such lowly questions! How dare they good Sir!

Thanks to Telprydain for answering the OP's question. I've been playing 2 days and have been wondering the same.
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LoL. It's funny when someone posts how intelligent they really are. Not everyone does a lot of research on Neverwinter. This is the Xbox forum, so it's a fair question.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Race discussions/questions would belong in the General Section as races are not classes and do not fit into any other category. ;)

telprydain has supplied the correct information though. In a nutshell they are slightly different but the differences are negligible. Unlike Moon Elves or the Metallic Dragonborn race they don't even have different cosmetic options other than a unique tattoo option if memory serves.

In short, there's no advantage to being a Menzoberanzan Renegade compared to a standard Drow. In fact many players have felt like it is more advantageous to be a standard drow for the additional defense reduction from Darkfire.

And finally on a more serious note, let's leave the hostilities and assumptions out of posts. No need to be rude when somebody asks a question or assume that any post which isn't exactly helpful is a PC player.
  • xxgrimnevilxxxxgrimnevilxx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for all the response's guys. They where quite helpful. It might be worth getting if only for the extra swag included in the pack. I mean who wouldn't want a bad *** black panther? Lol
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't remember what I got with the purchase, but the mount, the extra character slot, the level 60 weapon, and the bag make it worth it. Another good purchase was the one that gives you new blue stuff until level 50. It was a good way to keep your gear in line on those slots. You also get a decent companion for all your toons. If you plan to make multiple characters, it's definitely worth it.