test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need leveling help .. 60+

anguryangury Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay so I've only been playing this game around a week or so and I was picking it up fairly quickly, didn't take too long to get to level 60 but now I've hit 60 I find all of the campaigns that unlocked are way too difficult.. and I'm unsure where I'm supposed to train up between 60-70 also I'd like to get some better gear, but unsure on where I should be going completely.

This is my gear now.

502a9c0b850fbe25ffc6c69e661e6a5e.png
Post edited by angury on

Comments

• Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Campaigns are now for lvl 70s. Go to drowned shores.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    angury wrote: »
    Okay so I've only been playing this game around a week or so and I was picking it up fairly quickly, didn't take too long to get to level 60 but now I've hit 60 I find all of the campaigns that unlocked are way too difficult.. and I'm unsure where I'm supposed to train up between 60-70 also I'd like to get some better gear, but unsure on where I should be going completely.
    Visit Sgt Knox. He will have a quest that sends you to talk to the Druid standing by the big shiny tree in the middle of PE. That will start a short quest chain that will end in you going to the Drowned Shore, the first of 4 'new' zones intended for levelling from 60 to 70.

The gear drops from these quests should be an improvement on what you have ATM. When you complete the 4 new zones you will get an Artifact mainhand and offhand.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can also still do the Dragon dailies, just not the lair quests solo. Lair quests are fine with a group.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Visit Sgt Knox. He will have a quest that sends you to talk to the Druid standing by the big shiny tree in the middle of PE. That will start a short quest chain that will end in you going to the Drowned Shore, the first of 4 'new' zones intended for levelling from 60 to 70.

The gear drops from these quests should be an improvement on what you have ATM. When you complete the 4 new zones you will get an Artifact mainhand and offhand.

in the drowned shores do I just keep doing the repeatable quests until 70? and what are the artifact weapons?
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    in the drowned shores do I just keep doing the repeatable quests until 70?
    Basically yes. You need to do 16 quests per one area in each zone, there are three areas, so 48 quests per zone and there are 4 zones. So happy grinding!

Artifact weapons are weapons you refine with other gear and refinement stones and they get more powerful per level. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_equipment
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To expand on what w00t said:

When you head to the Drowned Shores, you will be in the Mines area. Pick up the Vigilance quest "Staying Vigilant", and then do 16 vigilance quests. You can only have 4 quests in your quest log at a time, so try to pick up quests with overlapping objectives. For example, "Herbal Malady" asks you to pick herbs inside mines, "Silver Strike" asks you to pick up silver ore from Silver Drip mine, "Sea Trolling" asks you to kill sea trolls - which are the mobs inside Silver Drip mine -- and "Deepclaw", who is the end boss of Silver Drip mine. Also remember to take the "Gutting Fish" quest from the Zhentarim agent, and turn it in and take it again any time you have killed 100 mobs.

When you've completed 16 vigilance quests, you will get a capstone quest to do in a lair (Goldseekers Folly, in the case of this first area), and then get sent on to the next area.

Repeat the vigilance --> capstone quest --> next area. After 3 areas you will finish the zone, and get an elemental seed to turn in under the tree in Protector's Enclave.

Now move on to the next zone, Reclamation Rock, and repeat.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    To expand on what w00t said:

When you head to the Drowned Shores, you will be in the Mines area. Pick up the Vigilance quest "Staying Vigilant", and then do 16 vigilance quests. You can only have 4 quests in your quest log at a time, so try to pick up quests with overlapping objectives. For example, "Herbal Malady" asks you to pick herbs inside mines, "Silver Strike" asks you to pick up silver ore from Silver Drip mine, "Sea Trolling" asks you to kill sea trolls - which are the mobs inside Silver Drip mine -- and "Deepclaw", who is the end boss of Silver Drip mine. Also remember to take the "Gutting Fish" quest from the Zhentarim agent, and turn it in and take it again any time you have killed 100 mobs.

When you've completed 16 vigilance quests, you will get a capstone quest to do in a lair (Goldseekers Folly, in the case of this first area), and then get sent on to the next area.

Repeat the vigilance --> capstone quest --> next area. After 3 areas you will finish the zone, and get an elemental seed to turn in under the tree in Protector's Enclave.

Now move on to the next zone, Reclamation Rock, and repeat.

Awesome, thanks for the help. I understand what I'm doing now. currently on 5/16 in this area so I guess it's just a grind now.

another question I have is, are the heroic encounter missions worth taking?
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Awesome, thanks for the help. I understand what I'm doing now. currently on 5/16 in this area so I guess it's just a grind now.

another question I have is, are the heroic encounter missions worth taking?

The heroic encounters can drop Elemental Water Sealed Containers (or Earth/fire/air), which will give you a rank 5 enchant or rare Mark, or an Elemental Aggregate or even Unified Element -- all of which are useful to yourself or to sell.

So, yes, the HEs are worth doing. Most of them require more than one person to complete, and some are very tough (like the crab one). I usually take the HE quest, then wander over to the HE and see if anyone else is doing it.
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Do the 50+ zones and work on the other campaigns. You get good look and can get lots of XP. Get a few levels then go back to Drowned Shores when you are 62/63 and you should be able to rock through those areas.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor