test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nearly solo'd Carthraxis

angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Citadel
Just hit level 31 and figured I'd do the Tyranny of Dragons campaign as I went along. The problem I've been seeing for the last month or two is that the lower levels (such as Neverdeath zone) being somewhat empty of players showing up at these Dragon skirmishes.

Since I'm leveling up a new Paladin and have just selected Devotion path I thought I'd give old Carthraxis <sp?> a go in Neverdeath any darned way. That and my maxed-out Squire companion.

I did it! LOL
Okay: mostly. I had the dragon all to my lonesome self for about 5 or 6 minutes straight, his health bar was moving *very* *slowly* but I was managing to stay alive (barely). Then two other people showed-up and the three of us finally killed that beast after another 7 or 8 minutes. it was brutal but fun.

And low and behold I won a Dragonbone Mace! Woot! I've never won anything but coins and junk on all my other toons so I must admit I'm excited for this. (Perfect Holy Avenger is going into that slot, muahahah).

Up to now DC has always been my main (there was never a Paladin up to now) - I am really loving this class; everything I imagined from my old P&P days.

So has anyone else tried to solo a dragon?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    akercookeakercooke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I did with two other people too (they were there, waiting for more while I jumped on that **** dragon with no fear). You mentioned that you were at level 31, so I assume you had Bond of Virtue on you. That's pretty much the magic for groups. So far, I managed to keep everyone around me alive and well. But I'll have to wait for Vilithrax or some more challenging stuff to see if the people that goes face first in the red zones can still survive with my heals popping up.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    ah id love to gfind a dragon bone mainhand for my pally lol

as if he wasnt freakin OP enough , Badoooomsh
  • Options
    hasta69hasta69 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i practically soloed Carthraxis on my HR too just a matter of dodging and archery in the end 10% left a second player came and helped the encounter is alot easier now in mod6.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm just more excited that I won a decent drop for the first time *evar*. I suspect because it was only two of us (each with a companion) - it may have been more but I was focussed on surviving. LOL I like the Mulhorand/Dragonbone stuff not so much for the power nature as the no-need to keep swapping-out gear while leveling aspect. I hope the others got something decent.

And yes: I have Bond slotted. I expect a nerf on that any time soon. LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm just more excited that I won a decent drop for the first time *evar*. I suspect because it was only two of us (each with a companion) - it may have been more but I was focussed on surviving. LOL I like the Mulhorand/Dragonbone stuff not so much for the power nature as the no-need to keep swapping-out gear while leveling aspect. I hope the others got something decent.

And yes: I have Bond slotted. I expect a nerf on that any time soon. LOL

Bond? which one is Bond?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    Bond? which one is Bond?

Bond of Virtue Encounter Power... (Available at Level 30/30 points spent)

"All allies within 60' become bonded. Allies who are bonded gain 20% increased healing from all sources. Additionally any time you heal a bonded ally, all bonded allies receive 15% of that healing."

It creates a yellow circle around you (and that circle is freakin' large) and pulses outward every few seconds.

I don't remember if it's a general Encounter or specific to Devotion path. But what I see so far is that it is a toggle: you start the encounter and it just keeps going until you 'activate' it again to turn it off. I don't know if this is WAI, hence my expectation for some kind of nerf. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    this class is just ******ed , thats all lol!

its amazing that you can play the entire game without barely needing to use Encounters, that Radiant Shield dash At Will or whatever + courage is insane, especially if you shield cancel
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    id sooner cut off my oo with a rusty knife than try to solo anything with more hp than a giant/golem on pala(at least it would be less painful)

but those lizards(they dont qualify as Dragons, Tiamat might qualify as some low end, old and sick dragon) are just plain stupid and easy to kill, its just that there is a bunch of of bacon you have to burn in some 20 min

back when mod4 was introduced i almost soloed that lightning lizard, on trash geared warlock, but some ppl showed up when it was on 1/3
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    akercookeakercooke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bond of Virtue Encounter Power... (Available at Level 30/30 points spent)

"All allies within 60' become bonded. Allies who are bonded gain 20% increased healing from all sources. Additionally any time you heal a bonded ally, all bonded allies receive 15% of that healing."

It creates a yellow circle around you (and that circle is freakin' large) and pulses outward every few seconds.

I don't remember if it's a general Encounter or specific to Devotion path. But what I see so far is that it is a toggle: you start the encounter and it just keeps going until you 'activate' it again to turn it off. I don't know if this is WAI, hence my expectation for some kind of nerf. :)

It's from Devotion path, you get paragon encounter at level 30. And it can only be deactivated by enemies via some crowd control skills. You have to keep an eye for it while fighting the dragons, because of the roar that interrupts everyone's actions. Some other example are the Trapper Lizardmen that you fight in Garrundar the Vile Skirmish, if they lock on you during the fight, they'll keep throwing nets and pulling you, thus deactivating the skill. In this case, you can use sanctuary to protect yourself from CC, if it doesn't fail you and make you do a wonky walk with your shield instead of activating. :P
  • Options
    caladon2caladon2 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I went with the Prot/Justice Build and i love it, I solo'd the 10 man Subterranean Surge at level 61 in greens and blues with a TIL of 1.3k. Tho it did take me 12 mins to do it. Im level 65 now and have not died once.
    Its feels quite immortal especially with Tempest slotted.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    akercooke wrote: »
    It's from Devotion path, you get paragon encounter at level 30. And it can only be deactivated by enemies via some crowd control skills. You have to keep an eye for it while fighting the dragons, because of the roar that interrupts everyone's actions. Some other example are the Trapper Lizardmen that you fight in Garrundar the Vile Skirmish, if they lock on you during the fight, they'll keep throwing nets and pulling you, thus deactivating the skill. In this case, you can use sanctuary to protect yourself from CC, if it doesn't fail you and make you do a wonky walk with your shield instead of activating. :P

Thank you for clarifying that and the tips also!
    caladon2 wrote: »
    I went with the Prot/Justice Build and i love it, I solo'd the 10 man Subterranean Surge at level 61 in greens and blues with a TIL of 1.3k. Tho it did take me 12 mins to do it. Im level 65 now and have not died once.
    Its feels quite immortal especially with Tempest slotted.

Yup, I plan to roll another one later - Protector path. I sure could have saved a lot of toon slots and effort had they started with a Paladin choice in the beginning. LOL