test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC vs X1 neverwinter

silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Okay, after playing for a good solid 15-20 so far on the X1 version and having been a consistent player since beta on the PC version it has come to my attention unfortunately that the X1 version is a lil watered down, in both presentation and content. with decent graphics NOT great like on my PC; which is supposedly about equal to marginally or slightly better than the X1's hardware it was a surprise to notice the distinctive differences in visual comparisons...my pc version looks more detailed and polished aesthetically. There is of course missing content from the X1 version like the foundry and some market items; which does not completely diminish the quality, however it does present the real threat of abandonment from owners of the PC version as well and especially to those whom have already spent a lot of cash and earned a lot of content like character slots which are expensive and mounts or companions that cost even more.

one thing that was a real big disappointment I immediately noticed in neverwinter for the X1 is NO controller vibration mode. Come on cryptic....being able to feel the clangs and clashes or slashes when in combat is exactly what the doctor ordered. it is still nice to be able to finally use a controller for NWO, it's just not as exciting when that component to game play is missing.

After jumping back into the PC version it did not take me long to understand why I favored it over the console iteration, and still am compelled to keep returning once my X1 NWO characters have evolved to a comfortable range, and yes it HURT, but I did buy some extra character slots in the console game to receive a full compliment of the different classes available.....now all we need in both versions is a psioinc, druid, barbarian, and a true rogue trapper class along with a game full of deadly traps like in DDO. remember those traps?!!

"Man o man talk about rogue necessity!"

Which version do you all prefer? Why?
Post edited by silver44sword on

Comments

• xxbaneofhavocxxxxbaneofhavocxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No vibration with the controls is a good thing. The amount of hours I've put in, I'd have gone through a million batteries.
  • geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah they should have added some vibrations especially when taking damage or around low health.
  • thecameljokeythecameljokey Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2015
    I love that there are NO vibrations, always turn that off in every game... too much batteries and the vibrations itself is just anoying
  • tshark66tshark66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have PC and Xbox1 lvl 60 chars.

Xb1 > PC for me

the UI for the most part is more easier (besides a few issues with loot rolling in dungeons). No pressing ALT to get rid of mouse look to do anything. Also the game is pretty causal and no real thinking required...so the perfect game at end of a long day to play slumped on the couch and just have some mindless fun. Once i am at a PC desk i am "focused" and it's not as relaxing to me so i like to have my PC games the ones i really immerse into and console games as casual mindless fun.
    League of Monster Slayers - Mindflayer