test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campaign Question

twitchx85twitchx85 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Hey Everybody,

Hoping someone can help. Have never played this game before 2 weeks ago. I have spent the last half an hour trying to figure out what this whole tyranny of dragons campaign aspect of this game is. I have read what everyone has to say in this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?735681-Tyranny-of-Dragon-Campaign-Progression-bugged , and am still confused. I am currently questing through Vellosk @lvl 40

My questions aren't bug related since I am not sure if i have started the campaign or not yet.

Is this Campaign just the normal quests Srgt Knox gives me to go to certain zones? Is this the campaign?

Do I have to accept any special quest to start this? Other posts say to go to main menu/quests/journal/campaign I am not noticing this tab, and should there be a quest for me to accept? Or is this quest given to you while going through the zone/what i call the main story

The last part is I have daily quests from harper Boward in Protectors Enclave so does that mean i have accepted the Tyranny of Dragons Quest already? I dont believe i have finished the 3/3 common cause quest she gave me. but i have gone back to neverdeath graveyard to re do correcting the gravestones. Some posts say that after i do that part i have to wait 20 hours or something? not sure if i am even at that part yet.

So can someone look at what I have wrote and try to tell me if i have started it, if I have what do i need to do to progress it? finish the 3 of 3 common cause and then what?

Thank you in advance this is just a little confusing about the whole thing.
Post edited by twitchx85 on

Comments

• tshark66tshark66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    twitchx85 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

Hoping someone can help. Have never played this game before 2 weeks ago. I have spent the last half an hour trying to figure out what this whole tyranny of dragons campaign aspect of this game is. I have read what everyone has to say in this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?735681-Tyranny-of-Dragon-Campaign-Progression-bugged , and am still confused. I am currently questing through Vellosk @lvl 40

My questions aren't bug related since I am not sure if i have started the campaign or not yet.

Is this Campaign just the normal quests Srgt Knox gives me to go to certain zones? Is this the campaign?

Do I have to accept any special quest to start this? Other posts say to go to main menu/quests/journal/campaign I am not noticing this tab, and should there be a quest for me to accept? Or is this quest given to you while going through the zone/what i call the main story

The last part is I have daily quests from harper Boward in Protectors Enclave so does that mean i have accepted the Tyranny of Dragons Quest already? I dont believe i have finished the 3/3 common cause quest she gave me. but i have gone back to neverdeath graveyard to re do correcting the gravestones. Some posts say that after i do that part i have to wait 20 hours or something? not sure if i am even at that part yet.

So can someone look at what I have wrote and try to tell me if i have started it, if I have what do i need to do to progress it? finish the 3 of 3 common cause and then what?

Thank you in advance this is just a little confusing about the whole thing.

It's a combination of daily quests you will get from the harpers (some in enclave and some on site in the exisiting zones) and a campaign tree (in your character menus) that works alot like professions do.

If you click on a box in the campaign tree it will tell you what pre-req's you need to unlock it (i.e. do the Ebon Downs daily quests)

hope that helps.
    League of Monster Slayers - Mindflayer
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You have to start the Campaign in Protectors Enclave by speaking to Harper Boward. He will direct you to the first steps which is usually Neverdeath. You "start" each step of the Campaign tree by just clicking on it and selecting start BUT you need the components first. You get them through the many "daily quests" given to you. Each phase has a 20 hour timer and most you have to do multiple times. So 3 days to complete the first step in the tree then you move on to the next.

Eventually it will open up the high level dungeon and skirmish but that will take some time to get to.
  • twitchx85twitchx85 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @draven165 and @tshark66 thank you so much for the responses I see what you guys are talking about now. Ya'll are awesome!