test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Module

sirkus1313sirkus1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I've been on this game for a little less than a year. I was having fun, even after I maxed out at 60. I still found it somewhat challenging in some areas and would group with others to do bosses.
Now things have changed and it's no longer FUN! I understand the need for new content and maybe some of the changes, but when you make a GAME no longer FUN, then you lose the appeal.
I just went to Well of Dragons to do the "Heralds of Tiamet" and died so many times it was frustrating. I kept going back and spent more time keeping others from "dying" than hitting the stupid dragon. We only finished two of them. That's NOT FUN!
Challenging is fun, dying all the time isn't FUN!

I hope you all "fix" what ever it is you broke. I really do like this game and would like to continue playing it, but not if it's stressful and annoying. I get enough stress and annoyance in 'real life'. I play this to relax and have fun. You've taken that away.

Also, I miss the statue where the tree is now. I have fun jumping all the way to the top and sitting there, but I can live without it. Please make this game FUN and ENJOYABLE again.
Post edited by sirkus1313 on

Comments

• Options
    locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Only Bards can make this game fun again.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sirkus1313 wrote: »
    I've been on this game for a little less than a year. I was having fun, even after I maxed out at 60. I still found it somewhat challenging in some areas and would group with others to do bosses.
    Now things have changed and it's no longer FUN! I understand the need for new content and maybe some of the changes, but when you make a GAME no longer FUN, then you lose the appeal.
    I just went to Well of Dragons to do the "Heralds of Tiamet" and died so many times it was frustrating. I kept going back and spent more time keeping others from "dying" than hitting the stupid dragon. We only finished two of them. That's NOT FUN!

I hope you all "fix" what ever it is you broke. I really do like this game and would like to continue playing it, but not if it's stressful and annoying. I get enough stress and annoyance in 'real life'. I play this to relax and have fun. You've taken that away.

Also, I miss the statue where the tree is now. I have fun jumping all the way to the top and sitting there, but I can live without it. Please make this game FUN and ENJOYABLE again.

What level are you?

Once you get new armor and weapons you will love it again...

BTW

I can't even do the task in the Ring

Urlord
  • Options
    totallyspamtotallyspam Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a Temptation SW, M6 is a representation of hell if it had an Internet cafe. The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> responsible for Module 6 has the personality of Geoffrey Baratheon. Since leaving Reclamation Rock I have had nothing but a terrible time clawing away throughout the 60's to hit level cap. Quest design is probably the worst I've seen come out of an MMO when drudging through Mod 6 zones. I'd be lucky to get 20 fps from the "new" (old rehashed) maps. The last zone Spinward Rise was terrible to have to run through when averaging 10 fps, I was frustrated 99% of the time playing NWO since the Mod 6 release. I could literally feel my blood pressure rise when playing this mess of a mod. Then I get to level 70 and hit up Kessel's Retreat and Malabog's Castle -- WTH is this?! These new Epic Content should be 10-man raids judging by how much they have been buffed.

I'm updating ESO as that will be my go to action MMO at this point in time. Other than that I'll be on NWO for invoking and updating crafting till you guys drop the supposed huge patch toward the end of the month. If nothing has improved then I'll have to let my account go dormant until I get bored of whatever I'm playing at that moment and with a new wave MMOs slated to come out 2015-2016 it may be a while.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dear OP,

when Cryptic will finally see their mistake - by observing the decline of their servers' population - they'll probably rework it all. The full-BiS-7x-orange-chars are probably only 10% of the players, and by feeding them the "challenge" they want and hence causing the alienation of "LOL casual" players this will happen.

Wait it out until Mod 7. Level a Pal or play Foundries or whatever. But this won't stay like this, Devs have an interest in keeping their jobs, and for that, they'll grudgingly have to admit, they'll need players that play the game and spend money for it. At the sorry state Mod 6 brought along, those will be few and far between...

urlord283 wrote: »
    Once you get new armor and weapons you will love it again...[...]

Do you honestly believe somebody already disaffected with the game will go through grinding all those Seals of the whatever, all that Black Ice, and Unified Elenents and stuff???
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sirkus1313 wrote: »

I started saying this months ago before going on an extended hiatus.
    Anytime CrypticWorld "updates" to this degree they break everything.
    All the time.
    There is just no helping it.
    The only way to deal with it is to take a break.
    Don't even bother with Neverwinter for a month, maybe two.
    By that time, they SHOULD have ironed out most of the worst problems.
    This is not about blaming, ranting, or raving.
    It's just a fact.
    Don't drive yourself up the wall fighting it.
    Except what you cannot change and move on.
    And then, in the fullness of time, come back and have fun again.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I grind my best character with the top gears to level 70 and guess what !, I found it die 70 times in a common fight. It is not enjoyable any more !!
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This module basically took everything you did at 60 already, and moved it to 70. While making it impossible to continue to do at 60. Oh it also added that class that has the one hit kill daily and insta full heal daily. So instead of TR's one shotting people which was the original pvp complaint, it's now TRS and paladins...

Such a horrible module. The end game is still the exact same. They've changed nothing. They merely made it so you need to level 10 extra levels again and nullified your gear you already got. I've NEVER seen an mmo do this. They great NEW dungeons, and NEW content for people to enjoy. This has pretty much killed the game for me.
  • Options
    thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm taking a hiatus to play STO until stuff gets straightend out. This mod is just %&*(&%
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The full-BiS-7x-orange-chars are probably only 10% of the players, and by feeding them the "challenge" they want and hence causing the alienation of "LOL casual" players this will happen.

Your statement is completely false and unjustified.

I am not one of those BIS people, but my GF has fairly high GS, and most or my guild members are around 20K. The fact is that nothing posed a threat in Mod 5, not even dungeons, and the supposed "end game" is but a big joke gated at 10K GS. People naturally asked for more challenging content. But instead of actually providing what players asked for, what we got is challenging content in the form of extreme laziness. I'll give you a few examples:

1. 1-shot mechanics != challenge.
    2. This is a new mod, it's supposed to come with new content. Instead, old content were ripped away and players are forced to level again before they can access the same content that was previously available to them. They really should've just left the old content alone and introduced new content with new challenges.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    Your statement is completely false and unjustified.

I am not one of those BIS people, but my GF has fairly high GS, and most or my guild members are around 20K. The fact is that nothing posed a threat in Mod 5, not even dungeons, and the supposed "end game" is but a big joke gated at 10K GS. People naturally asked for more challenging content. But instead of actually providing what players asked for, what we got is challenging content in the form of extreme laziness. I'll give you a few examples:

1. 1-shot mechanics != challenge.
    2. This is a new mod, it's supposed to come with new content. Instead, old content were ripped away and players are forced to level again before they can access the same content that was previously available to them. They really should've just left the old content alone and introduced new content with new challenges.

The 'challenge' level of the new end game isn't the problem. In fact it's perfect where it is and should be.

The *problem* is in the leveling process from level 60 to level 70. This is a huge, massive, ginormous, epic problem (redundancy in lexicon is intended). THIS is what is broken. This is what is driving the "Casual LOL" players away, not the end game challenge, but rather the ridiculous 'challenge' of just getting to the end game.

As for the BiS Orange Artifact users and elitists being only 10% of the player base and what not being the truth is completely moot. I'm willing to bet that these elitist top-geared players are top-geared players because they grind-out what they need. Meaning they likely don't spend much money in getting where they want to be, and likely don't spend much on cosmetic things the way "Casual LOL" players do.

So if a lot more revenue income is coming from the disillusioned "Casual LOL" players than 'luvin' it elitist BiS players how will this play-out in the short-term?

What needs to be fixed is not the new level 70 end-game "challenge" (level 70 players against level 73 mobs), but rather the journey from level 60 up to level 70. Even if it's a helluvalot more frequent green and blue gear drops, a curve in mob damage that grows more gradually, whatever.

I'm not saying I have a problem, but these forums are flooded with a lot of comments from people who are. This is the issue Cryptic needs to deal with. They need to smooth-out that leveling process of getting to level 70 because the game plays a certain way from level 4 all the way to level 60, then *suddenly* the rules are changed and there is just all kinds of wrong with that.
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The *problem* is in the leveling process from level 60 to level 70. This is a huge, massive, ginormous, epic problem (redundancy in lexicon is intended). THIS is what is broken. This is what is driving the "Casual LOL" players away, not the end game challenge, but rather the ridiculous 'challenge' of just getting to the end game.

I agree, but that is not a really a challenge in itself, it's more of a lack of design in content from Cryptic's extreme laziness.

I agree with you on a lot of fronts, but I do not agree that game is in the state it's in because people asked for more challenging content.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    ...but I do not agree that game is in the state it's in because people asked for more challenging content.

I agree. It's what the Devs are trying to do to 'fix' the OP state of power-creep; player 'power' has vastly outpaced the content. They are trying to make an adjustment in player versus NPC balance to prepare for future content and that's a good thing in the long run. At the same time I am of the impression they have 'bitten off more than they can chew' with this update; too many new things to have tried to do: increase player-vs-NPC balance; level cap raise; introduce a new class; attempt readjustment of existing balance (like Lifesteal/Regeneration stats mechanics) and lot more.

And in doing this I suspect they overshot the difficulty levels on the 'in-between' zones and mobs in the new areas where players are to level 61-to-70. I would think the quickest, easiest 'fix' would be to adjust gear loot drop rates - to allow those leveling players to be able to gear-up to something at least mostly worthy of the new mob difficulties.

Of course I'm just thinking aloud about all this stuff. :)
  • Options
    magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    It's what the Devs are trying to do to 'fix' the OP state of power-creep; player 'power' has vastly outpaced the content. They are trying to make an adjustment in player versus NPC...

Players have always had the CHOICE to make content as hard or easy as they wished by CHOOSING what to equip. If players enjoy playing with characters that find the PvE content less than challenging then why should they not be allowed to? Were the poor little powries complaining about difficulty? If so, then presumably the developers are now being paid by the same powries to keep the game going, because it sounds like quite a few players are no longer going to buy stuff.

On a side note perhaps a better way to keep players who 'want to be challenged' (although the fact that they chose to gear up their characters to avoid being challenged suggests otherwise) happy would have been to include a difficulty level and just admit players to instances with differing levels of 'challenge' (e.g. in hard instances halve the players defensive stats ... DEAD easy)
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I suggest to agree to disagree regarding the cause question.

Regarding the effect question, however, we're to quite some extent in agreement. Challenging end game content is per se desirable - as a completely optional, deliberate, only-if-you-relly-want-to thing. Which IMHO is not the case in Mod 6. Bear with me and read on, please.

I do like to have a challenge, which means a challenge for a full five-char balanced party, and the need to party up per se, when I'm feeling like it. Believe me, challenging Dungeons, Skirmishes, Heroic Encounters - wonderful! Love that as much as most other longterm players. But not when grinding over extended timespan to collect material for finally crafting my armour. The Lvl 73 mobs in IwD, and the redonculous demand of black ice for those crafting tasks make the latter case true for this game...

As an exacerbating factor we, as we're currently discussing this, are all "oldies", have played this game for a year or longer, and have as well a decent understanding of the games mechanics as a decent in-game-monetary basis. We're knowledgeable and well off. And well geared, too, looking at Rank 8 to 10 enchants and greater or perfect weapon enchamtents. And furthermore we got a real sweet soft cushion in the form of those Eternal Armour pieces that we can buy with all the Dragon Fangs farmed during piece-of-cake Mod 5 times...

And for us well-tooled, seasoned adventurers this endless grinding of black ice - or even meek dragon fangs! - is barely manageable in a party. The BiS players might have an easier going, but I don't think they'll do that any more than necessary, and I doubt that many will want to nurse more than one, two, or maybe three guildies through the process...

Heck, the game doesn't even give more than minimal standard blue gear above Level 60. So it's all a classical problem for which the game currently offers no solution: To achieve the ends you would need the means that you'll acquire when achieving the ends...

...what do you think a new-ish player will make of that? Will he or she think "Meh. Tough. Gotta pay, here, Cryptic take my money..." or rather "What a borked game, first all easy, then WHAM!!! Jeez. Let's make a cut right here and now..." and wander off to greener pastures???
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree. It's what the Devs are trying to do to 'fix' the OP state of power-creep; player 'power' has vastly outpaced the content. They are trying to make an adjustment in player versus NPC balance to prepare for future content and that's a good thing in the long run. At the same time I am of the impression they have 'bitten off more than they can chew' with this update; too many new things to have tried to do: increase player-vs-NPC balance; level cap raise; introduce a new class; attempt readjustment of existing balance (like Lifesteal/Regeneration stats mechanics) and lot more.

And in doing this I suspect they overshot the difficulty levels on the 'in-between' zones and mobs in the new areas where players are to level 61-to-70. I would think the quickest, easiest 'fix' would be to adjust gear loot drop rates - to allow those leveling players to be able to gear-up to something at least mostly worthy of the new mob difficulties.

Of course I'm just thinking aloud about all this stuff. :)
    They could have solved a chunk of this problem if the Eternal gear didn't require currency only available at L70. That would have given everyone a clear upgrade path for their gear while levelling 60-70 and workable gear to start the post-70 grind for the good stuff. As it is, the gear drops are diabolical and the quest rewards not much better. No wonder people are struggling as they move further and further along the new stat curves - they just can't get the necessary new gear to compensate.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder