test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add a role check for queues

quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Seriously, I would be willing to wait extra time to know that when I get put into a group, that there is a guardian warrior and cleric in there. If not for low levels, then at least for heroic dungeons, cause you need a healer and a tank just to scrap by with these random groups. Doing heroics with only 5 dps just gets near impossible once you get towards then end.

It's a dungeon, who makes a game where you don't have a tank and healer in a dungeon group?
Post edited by quafflicious on

Comments

• spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seriously, I would be willing to wait extra time to know that when I get put into a group, that there is a guardian warrior and cleric in there. If not for low levels, then at least for heroic dungeons, cause you need a healer and a tank just to scrap by with these random groups. Doing heroics with only 5 dps just gets near impossible once you get towards then end.

It's a dungeon, who makes a game where you don't have a tank and healer in a dungeon group?

Everyone will claim that there already is a role check for dungeons and that the queues are working accordingly. At least that's what I got in response to my dungeon queue complaints. I don't believe there is a decent queue system in place at all. Especially when the Skirmish queues so quick and I usually get a tank and priest in those.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spuratis wrote: »
    Everyone will claim that there already is a role check for dungeons and that the queues are working accordingly. At least that's what I got in response to my dungeon queue complaints. I don't believe there is a decent queue system in place at all. Especially when the Skirmish queues so quick and I usually get a tank and priest in those.

Skirmish queues don't have any class check. You might as well get in a team of 5 tanks or healers, or damage dealers. Seen it, done it, didn't mind it. Skirmishes can be completed with any party composition tbh. Well, at least till you guys get mod 6.
  • quaffliciousquafflicious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have yet to enter a dungeon(not skirmish) where there was a guardian warrior and a cleric in the group. If there is a system, it's not working. If there isn't a system, then there should be, at least for dungeons.
  • spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Skirmish queues don't have any class check. You might as well get in a team of 5 tanks or healers, or damage dealers. Seen it, done it, didn't mind it. Skirmishes can be completed with any party composition tbh. Well, at least till you guys get mod 6.

Not from what I'm hearing. The endgame Skirmishes on Xbox One are pretty bad because all of the people who don't fight and would rather pick up loot. It's making it harder than it needs to be. As far as queues go, I realize that queues for Skirmishes are all randomized, but people act like the reason dungeon queues take so long is because there are no clerics, when in fact I get clerics in almost every skirmish I do regardless of their being no search for them. Meanwhile I'll queue for a dungeon, wait 50 minutes, get in and have there be no cleric. No cleric at the very beginning. That tells me that their system is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and that it needs an overhaul. Something isn't right and if it's the same way on PC, something isn't right there either. They haven't addressed the issue at all on these forums, they don't even acknowledge all the topics made complaining about queues.
  • cruciasnzcruciasnz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This would only work if you have to actively pick between roles when queuing. Right now the finder looks for a tank, a healer and 3 DPS, but do those people know what their class is supposed to do in groups?
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tank, Healer 3 Dps..

But what of the Control Wizards? they don't do much DPS but they are valuable for a lot.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • ukravahukravah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Be a Cleric, queues.. meh what queues 3 seconds and im in!
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jjb828 wrote: »
    Tank, Healer 3 Dps..

But what of the Control Wizards? they don't do much DPS but they are valuable for a lot.

IDK what CW's you've played with, but DPS isn't an issue
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »

VS. a Rogue in PvE..

my bro and I (Healer and Tank) with a GWF and 2 Rogue's railed through a couple dungeons faster than with ANY CW/other mix we've ever had.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jjb828 wrote: »
    VS. a Rogue in PvE..

my bro and I (Healer and Tank) with a GWF and 2 Rogue's railed through a couple dungeons faster than with ANY CW/other mix we've ever had.

would love to group w/ you and your brother at some point.

GT: awrex1977
  • mrkreepzmrkreepz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Control wizards, if spec'd right, make the best healers.
  • cg0xirussiancg0xirussian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You're acting as if the game has a duty to put you in with a guardian fighter and cleric every dungeon when in fact you don't need both to complete a dungeon nor should you be entitled to them- If you want them then use the chat system!
    The reason you can't usually find them is because the ratio of clerics/guardians to other classes is something like 1:10. That means you have a 1/20 chance of getting a cleric and a guardian in your dungeon party. Now you might be blaming the game for this but the game can't put you together with clerics and guardians if there are no clerics and guardians to choose from or they go to people that have been queuing for 20 mins.
    If you want to solve this issue why don't you start playing as a guardian or cleric or just use the "Looking for group" option in chat.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    Agreed. No question, CWs are definitely a DPS class.

I play a TR, so I got very used to being at the top of the damage/kills lists post skirmish/dungeon. As I moved up toward level cap, however, CWs now equal or beat my damage if they're played right. It's all about the spec and how well the powers synergize together.