test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can someone explain the paladin?

draknalordraknalor Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Citadel
Hey
I'd like to try this class but i'm sure how they play and would like a run-down on how they work etc
Do they have good damage/survivability
Are they only Tank/Healer/Buff person or can they just be neutral DPS-ish?

If i were to start one, what are the "Main" abilties and feats to put point in? and which race

Thx for the replies
Post edited by draknalor on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Depending on the path you take, they make fine tanks or healers. DPS, on the other hand, is their prime weakness. Paladins, of any spec, will have the lowest DPS of any class in the game.

Or sure, they feel super powerful early on. But that high wears off quickly.
  • Options
    securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Exactly this, they are an amazing tank or an amazing healer and both specs are amazing buffers. They easily make up adding a full dps class from the buffs they bring to a party. The thing is your never going to be doing good dps, even a tank GF is going to do twice your personal dps, but you would add more dps to the party by buffing everyone elses.
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Bull****, why spreading bs informations?
    I played all day long with another GF, both tank specced, good players.
    I had superior dmg in every single dungeon/skirmish, sometimes double, and the aggro was split btw the both of us.
    BUt yeah, our dps is low, anyway, by the time the CW gets to 40 million, im btw 10-20m depending on the dungeon...
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Depending on the path you take, they make fine tanks or healers. DPS, on the other hand, is their prime weakness. Paladins, of any spec, will have the lowest DPS of any class in the game.

Or sure, they feel super powerful early on. But that high wears off quickly.

yeah dps is non existing, on 65+ i partially solved the problem by pulling 2 camps whenever i could, their aoe DPS isnt as pathetic as single target dps

switching to gwf after getting pala to 70 felt just sick, i cleared 4 spawns in less time than it took pala to clear one
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've played thru many skirmishes and didn't think the damage would there. My goal was to bunch everything up for the sniper/nuker classes to have an easy time, which they did. Shockinly, I managed to get top 1-3 damager. When combined with all the buffs, (Into the Fray and Cleric buffs), the Pally auras and AoEs do quite a bit of damage over the whole skirmish. :eek:

Alone, the Pally DPS isn't much to dance about. :(
  • Options
    karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Essentially, Paladins are the quintessential support class. More so even than Clerics. Depending on build, they can either tank or heal incredibly well, and they have lots of team buffs. My Devotion Paladin has a feat that grants 25% of her Power rating to all nearby allies. That's just plain sick.

But there is a tradeoff ... their damage is some of the lowest in the game. But if you count the DPS boost you give to your allies from feats and auras, your DPS contribution ends up being really quite high. As long as you can look at it from that perspective, you'll love the class.