test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

whats your main?

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
so i play hr. and im very curious what everyone else is playing here on the ofrums. dont be afraid everyone is welcome and please no naming and shaming.
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    WK Scoundrel TR because I like the more involved and active play of it. Like our GWF comrade above I also prefer non-coward classes and with this one the only difference when I rush towards the enemy than him is that I don't look stupid doing it.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have always played a MI TR Exec. My character Kalindra relies on finesse in fights and the TR is the best fit. ITC has never made it to my power bar in PVE because that's how she fights, head on, and striking between dodges. I enjoy the intense combat style, even if it means I'm not as efficient without using dazes and stealth. Finesse Brawler.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I main and invest equally among them all. Otherwise I'd get bored to death.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sword and Board Baby... Guardian Fighter. Wade in and slog it out.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My main character is a spellstorm thaumaturge Control Wizard by the name of Vlathis. The reason I made her as my main is simply because I like the character, who originated in my foundry campaign The Arcane Conflict. Until Module 3 or so, my main character was a trickster rogue named Phaun Varkthos though, until I found a way to make an accurate replication of Vlathis as a player character.

Full Name: Vlathis Vilthear Wyntersong
    Nicknames: None

IC Level: 17 ((4th Edition)), 23 ((3rd Edition))
    Class: Sorcerer

Race: Human
    Current Age: 9
    Birthday: Toril equivalent of December 13th
    Hair: Blonde
    Skin: Pale
    Eyes: Blue
    Height: Fairly average for her age.
    Weight: Thin

Biographical
    Place of Residence: A large building a couple miles from Neverwinter known as "The Temple of the Planes".
    Place of Birth: Neverwinter

Relatives: Neilxva Vilthear (Grandmother, deceased), Lealiena Vilthear (Cousin, although neither know about eachother), Sealni Vilthear (Twin Sister, recently cured of insanity by Alyssa Falconhand.), Clarissa Wyntersong (Adoptive mother)
    Enemies: The Arcane Council (Deceased), Nightmare Lord Kahralen (Deceased), The Cult of Kahralen (Inactive), The Shadow Legion, a golem known as Peacebringer.
    Allies: The Keepers of the Radiant Flame, a bunch of golems, some summoned fire elementals, Nalfar Veldahar, and a young druid named Duclaena.

Tradeskill: Golem Making

Appearance: An adorable little girl

Fashion of Choice: A pink fairy costume with a pink dress and a flower headband.
    Armor of Choice: Elementium Armor forged by Kaddock Grayhammer
    Weapons of Choice : A crystal she uses to focus her spells through, an Elementium Blade given to her by Kaddock Grayhammer, a staff also made by Kaddock Grayhammer.
    Special Abilities: While near the Arcane Spire, her source of power, she becomes far more powerful, including gaining a power called "Arcane Dragon".

History/Biography: At the age of eight, Vlathis's village was attacked and destroyed by goblins. She was the only one who was still alive when an adventurer came in soon after to eliminate the goblins. She soon stumbled upon a wizard known as Traevou who took her as an apprentice.

Traevou was later killed during a mission that took him into the Demonweb itself. A wizard named Zyraen offered to finish her training, which she accepted. However, she later learned that Zyraen had lured Traevou into the Demonweb with the intention on killing him.

Vlathis stormed into Zyraen's chambers, and, having the element of surprise, managed to drive him away. Eventually, she discovered that Zyraen was part of a group known as the Arcane Council, which she destroyed with the help of a few adventurers. She then traveled to Icewind Dale with a group known as the Mythweavers and met a little girl named Satella Voshk and a Selunite cleric Thaivalin. Vlathis stopped Satella's family which was driven insane by an artifact known as the Crystal Fang. Satella was adopted by Thaivalin who also managed to safely seal away the Crystal Fang.

Later, she encountered a cult of beholders formerly lead by Arcane Council member Rathnar but had been taken over by Elder Visionary Naulhiel Vrai'Xail. While trying to stop them, she eventually met a Eve Elemmire and Clarissa Wyntersong. She also learned that the Crystal Fang and four other artifacts the Cult of the Eye Tyrant was searching for were created by an ancient mage of near demigod power known as Nightmare Lord Kahralen.

Vlathis rested for the most part after the defeat of Naulhiel and his cult, along with the beholder ghost possessing Naulhiel, Schalifax. A few months later though, Vlathis was captured and interrogated by a cult of the demon lord Orcus lead by Wight Deathpriest Irvross Jrail'Xikkar. Clarissa managed to pull Vlathis out, and the two begin making plans along with the help of a halfling assassin Phaun Varkthos and a Calimshan noblewoman and fire wielder Rakshava Asani. Eventually, they also learned that one of the cultists was Vlathis's elven year old cousin Lealiena Vilthear. Upon learning of her relation to Vlathis, Lealiena left the cult and joined Vlathis in her attempt to stop them. Eventually, Irvross gathered an army of orcs, only to be slain by Clarissa, Phaun, Rakshava, and a dwarven woman named Bethwyn Skildheart. Clarissa then tore Irvross's soul apart. Irvross had managed to pull the souls of the Arcane Council back into Toril, except for Zyraen who's soul was trapped in a ring which was held in a warded chest. Clarissa tracked down Rathnar and tore his soul apart as well. Then, she found the last two, Athron'Zal and Vijjial, possing the bodies of Kaisele Nilsilus and Karnarath Leiphone. Clarissa intended to destroy them both as well, but learned of a way to turn them to good instead. Athron'Zal was cured, however Vijjial managed to escape. Vlathis then created an artificial human like body for Athron'Zal, who begin calling herself Kaitlyn Brightflame.

Kaitlyn refounded a group known as the Keepers of the Radiant Flame, which she used to command before being driven insane. Vlathis and most of her friends joined, only to discover that Satella's mother Neiressa had survived and now lead a legion of Shadar-Kai and other shadow creatures. Neiressa's insanity was removed during a battle with Eve, however the rest of her legion, including Vijjial, was pulled into a severed time stream.

But that was only the beginning.

To find more details about her storyline, you can play my foundry campaign The Arcane Conflict: NWS-DG4CX25DT and/or roleplay with me.

Personality

Alignment: Chaotic Good.
    Motivations: To have fun, to save Toril
    Disposition: Friendly, excited.
    Outlook: Optimistic.

Religion/Philosophy: Selune

Interests

Likes: Saving Toril, dragon rides, slaying dragons that won't let her ride them, Nalfar Veldahar
    Dislikes: Lazy people, arrogant people, pain
    Favorite Foods: Cookies, cake, dragon meat
    Favorite Drinks: Juice
    Favorite Colors: Pink, purple, white, and red. In that order.

Hobbies: Saving Toril, making golems
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Best geared and most played: DC (RiDO)

Currently due to Mod 6 countdown: HR (StArch), CW (STh)
    Others frequently played, and bound to be re-frequented next two weeks: TR (MIX), SW (HBTemp)
    ...the cuddly classes don't really synch with me, but they're both 60+DR, GWF even has Shar ticked off...
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Used to play PvE TR before m5, now playing a warlock. I like Guardian Fighters too, the only char that has eLoL and ToD campaign progress besides my SW.
  • drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have 5 toons CW,HR,SW,DC but my main is a MI TR, I just like the way he plays and I'm by no means a master at it, I mainly stealth stun first and then slog it out. It's the way I like to play. I do not PVP tho and I'm usually solo so I don't worry much that any mistakes I make will mess someone else up. I'm not breaking my brain trying to eke the most effective damage or the perfect way to play it. I just do what makes me happ :) God b;ess you with a HR tho my is lvl 60 with all epic and I get she gets her *** handed to her all the time probably because I hate to play her melee
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In PnP it was always a Paladin. In NW - until Mod 6 - it has been Devoted Cleric (since Mod 5: AC:Faithful).

I currently have at least one of every class in NW, but my favorite is still the DC at this point. I've been playing the OP on Test - it's okay so far, but not great. I expect to roll one of each subclass (Protection and Devotion) - but until I level-max him my Main will still be the original DC I've been playing since closed beta (well, open beta since that was a reboot, actually).

As for @Greatweponarmy's epic epeen: drive on, is all I can say. LOL
  • wyverneyewyverneye Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I started with Control Wizard. Then switched to Trickster Rogue. But I think I'll end up dropping both.

The paragon paths are just a massive disappointment to me.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Was an HR then a GF then an SW. Now it's a CW - why fight it?
    I aim to misbehave
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I've been a dc, tr, gwf, and then mostly settled on an sw. Finally, I was able to dish out damage and carry weaker people through some of the fun dungeons in this game. I loved taming Valindra with my soul scorch and brood of hadar. didn't matter if those new 12kgs pugs died during the lines. I could sprint around and blast her away, and man, life was good. i couldn't wait to find more things to explore and battle with him.

however, now all my cool stuff that isn't even fully upgraded yet even after hours and hours of grinding and even some money spent is going to be replaced. my sw's already flawed and somewhat evil heart broke.

so now i main a hunter who blasts space aliens and a barbarian who kills devils. couple weeks, i'm planning on putting a lot of points in faith with some greatswords at my disposal while chucking lightning bolts at scary monsters and unsuspecting souls.
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have 3 characters. My 2 originals are an HR and a TR. With the one slot I got from xfering cash into ARC, I made a SW. Im still deciding if I want to keep playing the SW, or delete her and make a paladin after the update. The TR and HR both get equal play time, which means neither one is uber (ie: no orange artifacts)

I came from playing City of Heroes and had a ton of characters there until it closed. I just am not as inspired to make new characters here. The ones I have now are already too much work and I am not really motivated to make them great. Why do I continue to play this game? Because there is nothing else out there currently. I keep hoping this game will get better though, that's why I stay.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    TR since beta. I wish there was more to TRs than stabbing monsters in the head, but I guess that's not a realistic expectation in an MMO.
    I play every other class too - 3 CW, 2GWF. an one DC, HR, GF, SW, and planing on making 2 OP when they come out.
    I don't plan on ever making another TR. It makes my main feel more main ... I guess ... I don't know, maybe I'm just weird :D
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Main from start: TR(since beta sabo-scoundrel hybrid), now just WK Sabo for tests.
    Main PvP: HR still combat
    Main PvE: GWF destroyer critic-debuff build

I end playing on live server for this time. I just only connect to preview and finding bugs, exploits and reports them. Maybe i back in mod7.
  • eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, first my main was a GWF. You know: fast killing high defence and high HP. Then I started a TR..I won't go there.Then I started a DC, I love her to this day! Strong fast killing low HP but hard to kill. Now it's my beautiful HR. Low HP, fast killing hard to kill.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have now all classes. All have their boons- mostly, but not all are active full time.

Started out with a poor GF, waited and waited and waited, but no Dev love came and after it was kinda fixed, i didn't like it, minimal power halved and still full of bugs. Making only AD and storage room. As i can see mostly storage, since leadership is nerfed with Mod 6.

Got meanwhile a GWF, which now is weak, gonna be even worse with Mod 6, another slave coming up.

DC cool now, was pain back, as seems AD slave too, with new Mod.

CW, cool and i hope one of my future survivors, if they fix the 1 shot Dungeon bugs.

HR, good, but either survivability or damage. Good for PVP as it seems.

TR, brilliant and i am not a perma! My fav with Mod 6 harsh or buggy environment.

SW, very weak overall and as it seems it will share the fate of the GF in Mod 6, alias AD slave and storage.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My very first toon, right after launch was a GF. I ditched him, due to some set bonus-rework and started playing as a GWF. Then i created another GF, because i found playing as a GWF did/does not require too much thought/strategy and ditched my GWF (thx for the free GWF artifact, though ;)) for my current and only character, a GF.

I believe i will be sticking to my GF, until the game shuts it's servers down. It is not an easy mode toon and requires a lot of skill, which is the main reason why i like playing it so much. On a side note, us GF seem to be an extinct race, i wonder why that's the case ^^.

• myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main is Myles from Nowhere, half-elf DC since the end of open beta (6/5/13). He's based on a D&D 4.0 bard of the same name I played for three years, with a similar backstory: born and orphaned in Westgate, rescued by Sunite priestesses and fostered in Marsember, now a dedicated follower of Lady Firehair.

This was my first MMO after 33 years of tabletop gaming, and leveling Myles was difficult. In the early days there were far fewer people willing to give advice and I had no idea how to go about finding such resources. I died more times than most folks have had hot dinners and spent literally hours at campfires healing my injuries...once I figured out that campfires heal injuries.

I lingered for months, slowly leveling and building up knowledge, confidence, and resources. I spent days not questing, but rather plundering zones for skill nodes and winning contests for free stuff. To this day, Vellosk is my favorite leveling zone and one of the few that I will obsessively play to completion with each and every alt I create, thanks to the grotto full of skill nodes adjacent to the Xin'kar Enclave and the Spirit Wolves contest.

I've since leveled every class except HR to 60 and have a number of DC alts for Leadership purposes, but Myles will always be my favorite. I can do something with a cleric that I can't do with any other class: I can slot Healing Word and rescue other players in need. I very clearly recall struggling in the lowest levels, trying to survive in Blacklake without access to healing, with no coinage to buy pots, and with bloody poor gaming skills...and once or twice a higher-level toon passing through healed me to full with a gesture. I don't know if any of you can understand how bloody precious that is to a true newbie, but I go out of my way with Myles to pay those gestures forward.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    main is cw 20k
    gf 18.6 k
    gwf 17k
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Myne is a 6 month old CW with 16k gs and no intrest in refining :o had a TR but yeah mod 5 ruined it for me :c
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Formerly 25.2k GS HR. Now and forever :P
  • jinnifyrejinnifyre Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My name is Jennifer an I'm new. I would answer your question, but I don't understand what you are asking. I just wanted to come in, say hello and introduce myself.. So hi! I'm a level 21 great warrior who has no clue what the ** she is doing. Nice to meet you :)
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In pretty much any Dungeons and Dragons game I usually go for a divine spellcaster. That is either a cleric, favored soul, or druid 90% of the time. Since cleric is the only one of those 3 available I went with that one. I really do enjoy how they play in Neverwinter too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jinnifyre wrote: »
    My name is Jennifer an I'm new. I would answer your question, but I don't understand what you are asking. I just wanted to come in, say hello and introduce myself.. So hi! I'm a level 21 great warrior who has no clue what the ** she is doing. Nice to meet you :)

If you have any questions about the game I'd gladly do my best to answer them. I am afraid I don't know that much about classes other than cleric (and even then I only know what my playstyle is, not everything they can do), but as for general game questions I'd gladly offer advice.

My name in game is Sharastrix@zshikara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.