test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I like this game, but it wont let me play.

ozzallmightyozzallmighty Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
may not be the right place to post

I like this game, but it wont let me play. all the new M6 worlds are broken for me. I rubber-band so much that I die in simple situations because my dodge is either delayed or doesn't happen.. Same with my spells i have to press the keys multiple times and the animation goes off but the spell never gets cast.

I go to a none M6 world and i can turn my graphics way up and have no rubber-band and no lagg..

I do pay money for this game and i always had low expectations for this game "weird right".. been playing for about a year and half. something has always been broken. To me its a second thought game, cryptic must pay attention to other games more.

seriously i don't care about bugs here and there, but my game-play is impossible I cant level in the new worlds.

in my guild some people don't have any issues and then some have the same issues i have.

also my entire screen sometimes gets all pixelated and then goes all red or all white and i cant see anything - this happens in every world in the game and PE.

as i sad i have been playing for a year and half i have messed around with all graphics and graphic commands. and there's no fix for me.

"no one cares about this next statement but I'm gonna say it anyway. I'm sad, I like this game, will invest in this game, want to help build this game. why not deliver something that works.. This game should be good!! I have 5 close friends who would have put so much into this game but they all are waiting for me to tell them the game isn't broken and they will return. this game has so much potential and cryptic seems to be throwing it away.

ultimately do i just have to quit for a month and come back and see of the game works?

what is the truth about this game?

is the xbox version not buggy and laggy?

also if you have the same issues as me and have found ways to mitigate the rubber-banding and such please PM me or direct me to place where there is a discussion on it.
Post edited by ozzallmighty on

Comments

• jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have you tried turning off on-demand patching?
    Are you playing on wifi? If 'yes' then switch to DsL
    Are you cleaning your computers 'Cashe' eveyday?
    And finally are you running the game on high settings? (even if your running a high spec computer you shouldn't run the game on high, because eventually it'll burn out your high end graphics card, MMO's generate allot of stuff)

- I also know that allot of my guildies from america have problems with the game, Im from New Zealand and honestly last mod i d/c'ed about once and got the occasional lag during peak hours, this mod already i've d/c'ed twice but hardly any lag. So there could be something wrong when playing the game in america.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    You could try verifying your game or loading it up in safe mode even if your pc is good your game can sometimes lag with graphics high.

I would say try them or just wait a bit untill the lag is fixed. I crash quite a lot and I know many others do too, not as bad as your case but it could mean it's just the servers.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    You could try verifying your game or loading it up in safe mode even if your pc is good your game can sometimes lag with graphics high.

I would say try them or just wait a bit untill the lag is fixed. I crash quite a lot and I know many others do too, not as bad as your case but it could mean it's just the servers.

At least you guys are able to load the game... many of us can't since last Thur patch... sword coast adventures is it for me.... yeah :(
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • tiresias99tiresias99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And finally are you running the game on high settings? (even if your running a high spec computer you shouldn't run the game on high, because eventually it'll burn out your high end graphics card, MMO's generate allot of stuff)

- I also know that allot of my guildies from america have problems with the game, Im from New Zealand and honestly last mod i d/c'ed about once and got the occasional lag during peak hours, this mod already i've d/c'ed twice but hardly any lag. So there could be something wrong when playing the game in america.

Let me just take a moment to say that this is the most ridiculous, nonsensical, worthless technical advice that I have read in a while.

Turning off the on-demand patching is the only suggestion worth a darn, though it likely has little to do with the OP's problem. It's still worth a shot.

Playing on wifi has little to nothing to do with this issue unless the wifi connection is poor. The advice should be to check the connection's stability using any of a number of online speed tests designed to do exactly that.

All you have to do to clean the cache is restart the computer. Any Windows machine should be restarted daily. Cleaning the cache is nothing that needs to be done explicitly.

And you aren't going to burn out your graphics card by running the game on high settings unless your graphics card is overheating. MMOs don't generate a lot of "stuff", or at least no more than other video games that are GPU-intensive. If your graphics card is overheating playing Neverwinter then you have a problem with your cooling setup; narrowing down the specific issue would take a physical investigation, but the most common problems are dust, broken fans, or high ambient room temperatures. Also, the graphics card wouldn't be the cause of "rubberbanding" issues.

Now, to the heart of the matter: the rubberbanding. This MMO has an asynchronous movement system, in that when you input a command to move it shows your character doing so on the screen even if the server hasn't acknowledged the movement command yet. However, if the server NEVER receives that movement command when your computer "checks in" with the server you will be placed back to where the server believes you should be.

This is usually one of two problems:

1. Connection issues, specifically packets being dropped as they travel across the internet. If the packet carrying your movement data is dropped by any node on the internet as the data makes its way to Cryptic's servers, you will be rubberbanded back on the next update.

2. Server lag/processing errors. This is the more likely cause, as the internet is actually pretty darn reliable these days.

You can't do anything at #2. That's a problem on Cryptic's end and no matter how you change your computer you won't be able to significantly impact Cryptic's servers. If you are having connection problems as detailed in #1, however, you can try to force-route your traffic to Cryptic through a different path by using a VPN service. However, if the problem is a node very close to you or very close to Cryptic, you may still have the issue as the traffic will still pass through the node that is dropping your packets.

You may also want to check for software on your computer that is impacting your connection. There are many malware programs out there that leech your internet connection to send out garbage traffic or use your computer as part of a botnet. You may also have a legitimate program on your computer that is downloading software updates or patches, pegging your connection out when you are trying to play.

Finally, it's worthwhile to check out your computer's hardware, specifically your network card; even onboard network adapters go bad. You may also be able to find firmware updates that resolve known problems on the hardware that could be causing issues.

@Tiresias
    Tiresias: Celestial/Darkness (Support)
    Ravish: Bestial/Might/Unarmed (Tank)
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    emt27 wrote: »
    At least you guys are able to load the game... many of us can't since last Thur patch... sword coast adventures is it for me.... yeah :(

That sucks :/

They should do giveaways at times like these. Free ad or an item to make up for the trouble.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Cleaning cache? LOL Cache mattered before solid state. Now it makes you look stupid to suggest that it would matter.
    Burning out your graphics card? Ive been gaming since I started on a 386. Never have I had a game "burn out" a graphics card. Ive had fans fail and that can get a little burny... but not running a game in high graphics.
    Your first two suggestions are tantamount to "Have you rebooted?" lol
    The game servers are located in Boston MA, your peak hours and our peak hours are an entirely different thing.

You're funny, tell me more jokes that sound like you know what you are talking about.

Now on to some actual helpful suggestions.

You can try a latency fix: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html#info Rubberbanding is usually server side but if it is latency that you are experiencing, this sometimes helps. You can also try a game booster, several companies make them. None of these suggestions, especially my esteemed colleague from New Zealand's, will be very effective against the current lag but they may make you feel like you are accomplish something.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the lag and rubberbanding is strong in mod 6,I login 4 times and play a lil but it was a big nope
    2 steps forward 10 back,when you fight it got a delay of 3 sec. but the enemie was right on time and kill me many times
  • angelrendilesangelrendiles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't been able to play neither. Sice i came this game, I have had a lot of lag. My char move two step and then back to the place where he was before. A RED message appear and says "Server not respondig (a seconds counter)". Is imposible to play for me. I have ADSL connection. 1.5mb, I had never had this problem before in another game. So, I don't know if my connection is too slow o what is the problem. I'm realy amazed with this game, and a dont want leave.
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same problems as the OP, and have since the update to Module 3. I know that it's server related, but it still bugs the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> outta me.......
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the HAMSTER out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And the Gateway is off as well.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • ozzallmightyozzallmighty Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    does arc run 7 processes while in game?

i have multiple presses running under arcOSoverlay.exe x 2

and arcOSbrowser.exe x3

game client and then finaly arc.exe

normal??
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I installed the game on a different PC, and it still crashes during the "loading materials" portion of the game client. Safe mode on or off doesn't work.
  • faxaonfaxaon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To those able to even get in, I am stuck at the second loading screen, it just sits there til i click my mouse and then crashes back to desktop. I have been away for a couple months and after patching all i can do is play the xbox version, which means starting from scratch.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    faxaon wrote: »
    To those able to even get in, I am stuck at the second loading screen, it just sits there til i click my mouse and then crashes back to desktop. I have been away for a couple months and after patching all i can do is play the xbox version, which means starting from scratch.

It kept doing that for me as well and then someone suggested to simply wait it out. Literally. I didn't klick or touch the keyboard for about 12-15 minutes so that windows wouldn't think it crashed and then the problem resolved itself. Took long the first time round but i've been able to log in OK after that initial looooong wait. It's worth a shot. Load the game and go make dinner or sth.
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    may not be the right place to post

I go to a none M6 world and i can turn my graphics way up and have no rubber-band and no lagg..

no one cares about this next statement but I'm gonna say it anyway. I'm sad, I like this game, will invest in this game, want to help build this game. why not deliver something that works.. This game should be good!! I have 5 close friends who would have put so much into this game but they all are waiting for me to tell them the game isn't broken and they will return. this game has so much potential and cryptic seems to be throwing it away.

also if you have the same issues as me and have found ways to mitigate the rubber-banding and such please PM me or direct me to place where there is a discussion on it.

Rubber-banding is horrible in the new zones, the worst being spinward rise. I assume the vast majority of the server population is in the new zones at the moment, and that is the leading cause of the lag problems. What ever the cause is though I agree with you and it should not be that way. While it's not technically "un-playable" it certainly isn't enjoyable. Everyone I know just grinds their way through the new zones as fast as they can, so they don't have to go back to them. Personally, if I was party to the production of mod6, that sentiment would make me feel ashamed of the obviously incomplete work I did. Part of the problem is there is no transparency with Cryptic, they rarely acknowledge issues, or even the cause of issues they do acknowledge.

I am right with you though, I want to like this game. I want it to continue....I have spent money on it in the past, though I have not done so in a while due to the deplorable state of the game. I will pay money for something good, I will pay (invest?) quite a bit of money in something great, be it in the real or virtual world. I will however NOT put out money for garbage, and the list of problems in this game simply increases with each mod. There are bug's that have been around for a year and still are not fixed.

I would dearly love for "them" to get their act together. I want to want to spend some money on the game, but again I see no reason to with the game in its current state. I wouldn't spend money on a mediocre steak, I wont by a rubbish car, the same applies with Neverwinter.
  • banzaitagbanzaitag Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problems here :-(

I love this game,i want to play it every day but i cant even log in sometimes since the new update and when i do it's the rubberband run around most of the time :-(