test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rarest high level class?

cg0xirussiancg0xirussian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I know a lot of people think the Cleric is the rarest class to find at 60 and I (being one) can say we are definitely the most sought after but I think that's just because of the usefulness/the need to have a cleric in dungeons. I've seen quite a lot of clerics at 60 but what I have struggled to find is guardian fighters (and control wizards). Having a tank is very useful and whenever I put up a tank request it hardly ever gets filled so to make my point: I think the guardian fighter the the rarest class in the game at level 60 at the moment.
My top 7 would probably look like:
1. Great Weapon Fighter
2. Rogue
3. Scourge Warlock
4. Hunter Ranger
5. Devoted Cleric
6. Control Wizard
7. Guardian Fighter

What do you guys think? What class have you had a hard time finding?
Post edited by cg0xirussian on

Comments

• krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Easily Cleric. Last class to find for epic dungeons. Followed by tanks.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • danfilmsdanfilms Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I keep telling all my friends about how easily I get into dungeons as a cleric, I tell them "make at least 1 alt a Cleric!" It'll help them get into runs, but secretly its just so they can learn how to 1) not stand in the red ****, 2) not run away and hide when they need healing.
  • cg0xirussiancg0xirussian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah it's super easy to get into dungeons as a cleric but as I said: it's because EVERYONE wants a Cleric and not everyone wants a guardian so you don't see many call outs for those. The high demand for clerics has also made them a more popular choice which is why I still think the guardian is the most rare and hardest class to level up in the game.
    edited April 2015
    True, and as a Cleric I -heart- Guardians. Really hate getting into runs where a GWF thinks he's a super tank. Or worse, the Rogue ><.

This game really needs a 2nd healing class and a 2nd tank class. I know the Paladin can be played to fill both roles, and I'm sure when that module hits Pally's will be everywhere, but still the struggle is real.
  • chiodos05chiodos05 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    danfilms wrote: »
    True, and as a Cleric I -heart- Guardians. Really hate getting into runs where a GWF thinks he's a super tank. Or worse, the Rogue ><.

This game really needs a 2nd healing class and a 2nd tank class. I know the Paladin can be played to fill both roles, and I'm sure when that module hits Pally's will be everywhere, but still the struggle is real.

It could use a second tank (which we will get with the oathbound paladin) but you dont actually need a tank for any of the dungeons.

As for a second healer we have access to a second healer as is with scourge warlocks. Temptation warlocks are fully capable of healing all the content and if geared right can actually out throughput clerics in raw healing. Clerics bring better buffs / utility but raw healing we already have a second class that does it better.

oathbound paladins will help a lot though for xbox queues as they simultaneously fill healer and tank rolls all in one class. they really need to expedite their release even if the hold back the rest of the content till a further date
    edited April 2015
    Have you played the other modules on PC? How does the no-tank Warlock-Heal plan work with some of the harder content?

So far I have not seen anyone come remotely close to my healing, but I run the Heal over Time cleric and like to keep heals going 100% of the time if possible (for buffs and backup).

I do know the GWFs can't take heavy hits as well as the Guardians. I've seen GWFs drop to 10% health in one blow (no clue what gear he had) and since I'm a HoT healer with very little burst healing ability seeing someone drop that much, that fast, makes me very nervous.

Honestly most of it comes down to them knowing their class, staying out of the red when possible, and not running around like a chicken with its head cut off when they need heals.

Can't wait for the Pally.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have DC's on both PC and XB1, on XB1 I get so many spam invites it isn't even funny! Of course, some time ago, it was like that on PC as well until the 'steam-roll content" era started

I'd have to say the GF currently. Of course with all the new goodies they have on PC this is likely to change.
    In general, GF's are a slow grind to level up. They require more tact to play efficiently in a party. Like a DC, they have a job to do, and most players want to kill stuff, they dont want to hold aggro, intercept damage on behalf of the party, taunt, debuff/buff members of the group...you get the gist of it.
    A decent DC is sufficient, a decent GF is not, it must be one that knows HOW to be a GF.
    Those players are too few, and when you find them you don't forget them.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • chiodos05chiodos05 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    danfilms wrote: »
    Have you played the other modules on PC? How does the no-tank Warlock-Heal plan work with some of the harder content?

So far I have not seen anyone come remotely close to my healing, but I run the Heal over Time cleric and like to keep heals going 100% of the time if possible (for buffs and backup).

I do know the GWFs can't take heavy hits as well as the Guardians. I've seen GWFs drop to 10% health in one blow (no clue what gear he had) and since I'm a HoT healer with very little burst healing ability seeing someone drop that much, that fast, makes me very nervous.

Honestly most of it comes down to them knowing their class, staying out of the red when possible, and not running around like a chicken with its head cut off when they need heals.

Can't wait for the Pally.

it may be that warlocks are on the rare side too and amoung the warlocks out there i have found very few that actually spec into temptation. most seem to go full out dps specs instead.

as far as other modules and the no tank heal process it works well. Although with mod 6 and the change to lifesteal (how warlocks heal their group) it could upset things a bit but so far no go. The game for better or worst at the moment is more about a dps race then it is a tank and spank. so keeping dc or lock heals up while having solid dps slotted is just as effective in the long run.

not to say GF tanking does not make things far less risky but isn't inherently needed to beat any dungeon or boss. The biggest problem, that is especially prevelant on xbox one due to limited (the chat feature just sucks) communication is that the duty finder requires the trinity before accepting via a gf or gwf and dc.

also note that a dc and temptation warlock actually both boost each other well. i have seen some great things off a buff / dps dc and a temptation warlock set up (warlock does dmg to heal and gets boosted in that from dc).

Honestly though with your spec you could easily clear everything with a temptation lock, gwf and random other dps.
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I did a test run of this lmao. I made a cleric and put myself in the queue. As fast as it takes to get into a PvP or Skirmish Queue I was ganked. My cleric is level 16 and I have no idea how to play the class yet. I even designed him for PvP and have not twinked him. He's not optimal to be a focused healer, but I can tell you that he's probably not going to be so squishy end game. I led most kills and most dps at the end of the dungeon. It's no wonder why clerics leveled so quickly. My hunter who is heavily twinked, waits a while in dungeon queue. It's okay though because I can solo in between dungeon crawls and hunt dragons. My original is a level 60 Warlock and I prefer to solo and pvp.
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I love being a GF (pure Tank). And have noticed in the games current state, we are few and far between. I pride myself on tanking, and protecting my DC. The grinding up was not to bad. And grouping on PUGS is very fast. On a few occasions, after i hit a que for an instance, before i can close the screen, Im already being asked to join. For my TR, he can wait for 30+ minutes.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Temptation warlock here going for max dps with a balanced lifesteal to give support healing.

I've seen the depressing changes made on in mod 6 for lifesteal. And It's just reinforced my decision to spend NO money on this game. Same with my guild even though I have a plan to respec if that change comes, using diamonds.

Back on topic this I routinely see TR's so that would be the least exclusive class by a huge margin.
    If i had to guess I'd say 50% of the main ACTIVE population would be TR. Possibly even higher.
    Good luck to them I say at end game, you'll be getting shafted when gear drops get overpriced in the broker.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • cg0xirussiancg0xirussian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm surprised no one has chosen the control wizard so far. You only see a couple of them around and I think they're very useful to the team with damage and stuns. My seconds account is a control wizard and I am loving the abilities so far.
    The TR is, definitely, the most common class.
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't like the aspect of CW. So I started with the Warlock because it reminded me of old school Necros from EQ. They were the major solo class back in the day that brought a lot of stuff to the table in a group. I remember they were nerfed so many times that my friend eventually just rolled up a warrior to get in the MT rotation. Most people didn't understand necros but I loved what a good one could do.

I see TRs doing some major dps during dungeon runs but I have no idea how that turns out end game.