test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifacts/Enchants/Pets and stuff

burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Citadel
what setup would you chose ? if you provide BiS setup try adding some budget alternatives(at least for the really expensive stuff)

for me

Pets -
Black dragon stone - whatever as long as its a stone
Erinyes - just had it from pack, will swap if i will get ad to waste
what im considering(though there - Rust monster/phase spider/blacksmith/leprechaun, but there is nothing i really care about

Artifacts
Lantern/Tiamat/ dunno about the other ones, GWF/Earth/CW?

For weapon will use PVorp cause ill share it with GWF, and i want to build my pala a bit crit heavy

i havent played pala much past lvl 70 on preview so maybe somebody more experienced can provide some short guide
Paladin Master Race
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    what setup would you chose ? if you provide BiS setup try adding some budget alternatives(at least for the really expensive stuff)

for me

Pets -
    Black dragon stone - whatever as long as its a stone
    Erinyes - just had it from pack, will swap if i will get ad to waste
    what im considering(though there - Rust monster/phase spider/blacksmith/leprechaun, but there is nothing i really care about

Artifacts
    Lantern/Tiamat/ dunno about the other ones, GWF/Earth/CW?

For weapon will use PVorp cause ill share it with GWF, and i want to build my pala a bit crit heavy

i havent played pala much past lvl 70 on preview so maybe somebody more experienced can provide some short guide

So far going for defense:

DC - to fuel Shield of Faith in group content
    Heart of the Red Dragon - Power, Def, Regen - overall good defensive stats
    Sigil of the Paladin - Power and aoe res, but the +4k hp are a joke at max level
    Sigial of the Guardian - def, deflect and more aoe res....

The DC and Dragon Heart are decent choices for most situations, I'm not so sure about the other 2 artifacts. The Paladin one has worthless 4k hp (next to nothing compared to the new gear) and the Guardian one has no +Power. But I seem to run out of options here.

Sigil of the Scourge looks like an option with Power, Def, +Stamina and on top of that Sigil of the Hunter with Power, Recovery, +Stamina. That way I would give up the Aoe res on the Paladin and Guardian sigils for more Stamina and Power.

Really not sure here. I'm 70 now and ran the 1600 Lair of Lostmauth yesterday, but I feel like a buff bot who is just tagging along while the rest of the party does the work. You have great buffs and can do some tanking, but not much else (Protector Path). So the question is if I should go all out defense at this point or try to stack more power.

I also have no idea what the current curve for the +Stamina +Aoe Resist stats is and if they pay off in the end. So when it comes to Paladin gear I'm still in the trial and error phase.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i feel that paladin has so much def that i stack hp + offensive stats
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Vorpal, crit, erinyes companion would probably work well on an oath of devotion build. The primary roll is healing afterall so not much use out of debuffing enchants. 30% crit chance without any crit stat is nuts.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i feel that paladin has so much def that i stack hp + offensive stats

Yeah I dont see too much wrong with stacking more HP on Paladin, they have AoC which increases dmg by your HP. and like Burk said I think they have a lot of defence. plus Tenebrous might get fixed again then higher HP would be awesome.
    I think if you're optimising stat rolls (high Wis/Cha for 30% + crit base. You can go like Power/Recovery/Arpen(Tank/dps only)/Defence/Deflect. Depends on what kind of build you want, healer or tank or support/damage. Personally I'm going to try to stack a lot of deflect because of the way I've set my stats and the build I have planned.

Also HP is really important if you go Protection because the higher your HP the more power you get from the Oath
    "Oath Of Protection:Your Damage Resistance is increased by 10%, you generate 500% more threat. When you take damage you gain power proportional to the amount of damage you took. This bonus caps at 10% of your Max HP in power."
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im more support/damage so i go power/recovery/defence and deflect if i can find em on AH at 70
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Im more support/damage so i go power/recovery/defence and deflect if i can find em on AH at 70

I think I'm going to go..

[Sigil of the Devoted] Power Defense Incoming Healing Bonus
    [Sigil of the Hunter] Power Recovery Stamina/Guard Gain
    [Oghma's Token of Free Movement] Deflection Defense Control Resist

and either Black ice beholder, or Lostmauth depending what set I go (Lostmauth might be str/dex but the set bonus is SO good)
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    drakeos99 wrote: »

please write if you are healadin or protadin, the differences are important enough between the paragons

for prot
    i dont know about usefulness of power, you get a lot from being prot, unless u are using Aura Gifts(25% power to party) power seems to be meh in mod6, and hp gives you power, damage and survivability, it would be more useful to get crit to multiply that(from solo content standpoint)
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    please write if you are healadin or protadin, the differences are important enough between the paragons

for prot
    i dont know about usefulness of power, you get a lot from being prot, unless u are using Aura Gifts(25% power to party) power seems to be meh in mod6, and hp gives you power, damage and survivability, it would be more useful to get crit to multiply that(from solo content standpoint)

WTF is a 'healadin' and 'protadin'? Please don't bastardize out language. It's Devotion Paladin or Protection Paladin. Don't be adolescently lazy, type it out. Sheesh.

Now back onto topic:

I am running a Devotion Paladin (Human) with the Dedicated Squire companion from the booster, Slyph for 50% cc resist (Faeywild pack) and Dire Wolf for Interrupt chance (Guadian pack) - when I get my freebie companion it will be my fourth: Dog for the Armor Pen active bonus (and the summoned dog phones beasties) my fifth companion: I'm undecided yet. I have way too many freebies: I'll likely go with GWF Dwarf Girl (I forget her name: renegade mercenary or sumfin') also for the Armor Pen on active bonus.

Later when I roll a Protection Paladin (I'm thinking Dragonborn right now) I'll go with the four mentioned above, except instead of Squire I'll probably go with the Moon witch (I forget her name) that comes in the Bahamut pack because: Crit Chace and she;s awesome as a summoned companion to buff entire party.

As for artifacts: I just use the red heart of the Dragon that I get on all my toons from the Dragonborn pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    WTF is a 'healadin' and 'protadin'? Please don't bastardize out language. It's Devotion Paladin or Protection Paladin. Don't be adolescently lazy, type it out. Sheesh.

from wow /10char
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm running a Devotion-path Paladin, with the Justice tree. Considering Prism is in that tree and is stupidly powerful when combined with Vow of Enmity and Bond of Virtue, I use a DC Sigil as my active. There's just nothing better than that AP boost.

After that, I decided to look for Power/Crit/Recovery/HP. Power and crit are pretty obvious: Offensive stats that boost both healing and damage. Recovery for the AP gain, even if it's just a small amount. Keeping those dailies rolling is what it's about. I'd spam Shield of Faith too, but I'm not entirely sure it actually works. The Damage Reduction part seems bugged to me. HP is a no-brainer. Mobs hit hard and I want to stay alive. It also boosts Aura of Courage damage, which is nice.

I'd consider Stamina Gain too, as Bond of Virtue and the Devotion Sanctuary have a nice healing effect. Something I'd also look into is AP gain, but the Artifacts with that stat are generally on the pricey side of things.

-

Companion wise, I only have an Augment (cat) at the moment. It was good value for money, considering the level 25 double-slotted Jewelry has the same stats for each slot. I've seen a couple of tanks running around with Angels of Protection, with Bonding Stones slotted. Not a bad choice eighter. If I ever decide to get the pack, I'm going to grab a Sylph for sure. The CC-resist is jummy.

-

I rolled my Dragonborn OP with 14 wisdom/charisma and boosted those on level up. Still gives me a nice sum of HP (around 100k atm in Alliance gear) but, more importantly, I'm sitting at 43,5% Critical Chance at the moment, without any Wis/Cha/Lathander belt adding another 4%. So, Vorpal was a pretty solid choice, considering heals crit too.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    from wow /10char

Okay, that makes sense to me (where it comes from). I beg you: please don't. :)
    jaegernl wrote: »
    I'm running a Devotion-path Paladin, with the Justice tree. Considering Prism is in that tree and is stupidly powerful when combined with Vow of Enmity and Bond of Virtue, I use a DC Sigil as my active. There's just nothing better than that AP boost.

-snip-

Very insightful to me, thank you for this. It give me some real food for thought on my current Devotion Paladin and some considerations for my future Protection paladin. :)