test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

vote to kick exploitation

gneumatik85gneumatik85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I am sure there are plenty of others besides myself experiencing other players abusing the vote to kick option in epic dungs in order to get a cleric, this issue is making it next to impossible to get into a dung if you are queing for one through the quest menu. I personally find this to be INSANELY aggravating as I am sure many others do as well. This has got to end. There has to be something done about this issue.

Sincerely,
aggravated player
Post edited by gneumatik85 on

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This does not make sense, unless something has changed. A dungeon group will not be formed without a cleric. No cleric, you wait in que. It would not make sense to kick to try to get something that is already there.
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Wait until the GS of your toon becomes the reason why you get booted. Like "Zephriah" stated, A group will not form without a cleric. As for skirmishes, that's a different monster.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Like "Zephriah" stated, A group will not form without a cleric. As for skirmishes, that's a different monster.

Say what? Neither of you are right and you can Queue with 5 Rogues if you wanted to....

Will you complete it though? Probably not.
  • nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    Say what? Neither of you are right and you can Queue with 5 Rogues if you wanted to....

Will you complete it though? Probably not.

No, they are right, you are talking about joining as a full group which isn't exactly queuing. They are saying if you form with anything less and don't have a cleric, the game won't start until it finds a cleric to be a part of your group.
  • ljr69ljr69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I'm newer to Neverwinter than a big bag of new things. How does this dungeon thing work then? When I'm queuing (as a Hunter Ranger) does it wait for a balanced team of various classes (similar to FF XIV Reborn) or is the only check that each group must have at least one cleric?

I waited and waited and waited the other evening to try and do the Cloak Tower and it took the best part of 40 mins. Would that be because there are not enough clerics dungeoning?
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ljr69 wrote: »
    So I'm newer to Neverwinter than a big bag of new things. How does this dungeon thing work then? When I'm queuing (as a Hunter Ranger) does it wait for a balanced team of various classes (similar to FF XIV Reborn) or is the only check that each group must have at least one cleric?

I waited and waited and waited the other evening to try and do the Cloak Tower and it took the best part of 40 mins. Would that be because there are not enough clerics dungeoning?

It checks for 2 things. There must be a healer and a tank. Currently, a cleric and GF. These are in general the 2 lowest played classes. Players tend to gravitate to high DPS characters.

I didn't realise the OP was talking about pre-made groups. Yes, those can enter with anything. Sometimes the process of joining a group can be sped up by going to the dungeon entrance, post a message in LFG (Looking for Group) chat (this was common in the PC version) and group up with other people who show up. However, since the chat function is not the best, or used, I don't know how successful it is.
  • sevomd69sevomd69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    This does not make sense, unless something has changed. A dungeon group will not be formed without a cleric. No cleric, you wait in que. It would not make sense to kick to try to get something that is already there.

I've been in plenty of PUGs that don't have a cleric and/or GF... thus the constant vote kick insanity that keeps an instance from starting until the group finds one.
    edited April 2015
    nickisis wrote: »
    No, they are right, you are talking about joining as a full group which isn't exactly queuing. They are saying if you form with anything less and don't have a cleric, the game won't start until it finds a cleric to be a part of your group.

I definitely joined an Epic T2 Dungeon yesterday with myself (TR) another TR and 2 GWF, we queued up and got put in with HR. <-- HR isnt a Cleric.

Where are you getting this information that the Queue system won't start the Dungeon until you have a Cleric?
    edited April 2015
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    I've been in plenty of PUGs that don't have a cleric and/or GF... thus the constant vote kick insanity that keeps an instance from starting until the group finds one.

Exactly, there is no system put in place that REQUIRES you to have a CLERIC and it WONT let you join a Dungeon unless you do..............
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Last night kept spamming the Que to see if i was able to get into a group that did not have a DC and 3 out of the 10 Ques i was in did not have a DC. So i was mistaken. Thanks for correcting me. Thats good and bad. Good, means you should be able to get into more games if more players ques up for them. Bad, no healer and players need to understand the roll the play in the game.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah. I play a cleric and wondered why I got such love around dungeon entrances. Now it makes sense.
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ive joined into plenty of fresh runs with me (HR) and 4 other dps, i didnt think you waited for healers or tanks because i almsot never saw them till i joined a guild and started running with them.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Exactly, there is no system put in place that REQUIRES you to have a CLERIC and it WONT let you join a Dungeon unless you do..............

It is in place, however you were joining a number of musical chair groups. A couple of nights ago, we had to kick a GW due to him just walking around exploring for loot not doing its job, so the que would just start filling in available slots with anyone. We still were able to finish due to the higher levels in the group that ended up with no GW nor cleric who decided to quit but with a HR, 2 CWs, a R, and a SW. However, if you a group at the min level or around the min level, it would be a long, frustrating dungeon hence the the vote to kick apparent exploitation, not really an exploit due to the group needing the tank or cleric.
    edited April 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    It is in place, however you were joining a number of musical chair groups. A couple of nights ago, we had to kick a GW due to him just walking around exploring for loot not doing its job, so the que would just start filling in available slots with anyone. We still were able to finish due to the higher levels in the group that ended up with no GW nor cleric who decided to quit but with a HR, 2 CWs, a R, and a SW. However, if you a group at the min level or around the min level, it would be a long, frustrating dungeon hence the the vote to kick apparent exploitation, not really an exploit due to the group needing the tank or cleric.

This will be the last time I reply to this... No I was not playing musical chairs.. My group of 4 including myself queue'd into a BRAND NEW NEVER BEFORE EXPLORED DUNGEON and got matched with another player that was NOT a Cleric.

There is no system in place, please, just stop...
  • darkshellknightdarkshellknight Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This will be the last time I reply to this... No I was not playing musical chairs.. My group of 4 including myself queue'd into a BRAND NEW NEVER BEFORE EXPLORED DUNGEON and got matched with another player that was NOT a Cleric.

There is no system in place, please, just stop...

your absolutely correct these people wish there was a system in place but sadly the fact of the matter is that there arent.
  • zachary4829zachary4829 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't play on the PC, so I don't know how the cue system works there, but on the Xbox I solo cue dungeons with my cleric and consistently get groups with no tank. I can only speak from a cleric's point of view in normal leveling dungeons. I do not know about epic dungeons.
  • faith4eternityfaith4eternity Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't understand. If it isn't looking for proper groups, then why do we have to sit in a Que for 30 minutes? I hadn't really noticed I just figured it was pairing groups with a tank and a healer because of the long wait. Of course I am a tank so maybe that is why I didn't notice the group make up. If this is the case then it really makes no sense why we would sit in a que for such a long amount of time...
  • ljr69ljr69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If there's no matching then I wonder why queues are taking forever to fill on the Xbox 1. Last night I joined the queue for the event which is running over the next three days as soon as I logged on. Did a load of missions which took me from level 19 to 21 or 22 (can't remember now) and logged off a few hours later - all without ever being invited to a group.
  • merc213merc213 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have also read somewhere that there was a system in place to look for the "holy trinity" when in queue for a dungeon. I can say as a DC I have never waited more than 40secs to get into a dungeon. Makes absolutely no sense for there to be such long queues if they are not looking for something to balance the group.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Perhaps it's a little of both. The queue, like in the PC, might be trying to fill it with a trinity group. But it might have a timer, so that if after trying for so long, it will give up and form a group with anyone it can.

Or it could simply be broken. Either makes sense :D
  • hydrobotohydroboto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If someone leaves the party (whether server disconnect, getting kicked, or just bailing) then any class will get thrown in to fill out the party, the server doesn't check class requirements after the party has already been formed from the queue.

So when someone gets disconnected from the server when entering the dungeon it looks like the party was formed without the class requirements, when in reality the party was already correctly formed, just someone didn't make it in so it fills it in with whatever. It happens far too often, sadly...
  • exidon83exidon83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they need to keep the vote to kick option cuz sometimes ur heler just gets frustarted and leaves then u have to find a new one and sometimes u just have some ****** on ur team and you just want to get rid of them like for me i boot any1 that picks stuff up during a fight i will boot you everytime for that the loot isnt going anywhere and if ur lvl 60 and still greeding on green item thats fine idc as long as its done outside of battle.
  • tasteymelontasteymelon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The game doesn't look for a Cleric or a specific class when you solo queue. IF it has been doing that, then it is doing a terrible job at it. Like mentioned, you can solo queue and end up having all DPS. This is why a lot of times you will get kicked if you join a group in progress (they are looking for a Cleric).

I heard that this has been a problem. People have complained about the kick feature in dungeons for years now, and you know what the developers say? First they laugh, then say find a guild you can trust, or play with friends.

Better to join a big guild.

Edit: Like mentioned earlier, it probably does set you up with a Cleric, but people get d/c all the time and that screws up the system.
  • sgtkavanaughsgtkavanaugh Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wow, this makes me glad that I play a GF and my wife runs a Cleric....