test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T2 Dungeon Bosses

eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
The adds the bosses spawn are a little OTT I mean with the framerate dropping to single figures i spend most of time kiting !! the moment i stop to try throw out some healing/buffs to my weary party im dead.

P.S Just a little heads up to those randoms who have not researched classes... Cleric is not a healer in the traditional sense so screaming " HEAL ME YOU $@&@ING MORON " while i'm dealing with all the adds and trying to throw out skills is not helpful.

Trying to target 1 person among 15+ adds while kiting in a slideshow, is like trying to tell an idiot GWF ( who thinks he is the most important member of party ) not to stand still in the RED circles on the floor !! ..
" I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
Post edited by eroticdoom on

Comments

• danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't get what you was saying that much, I'm sorry.
  • malevolent215malevolent215 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So it's pretty obvious this is just a frustrated rant thread, but I'll try to help you out a little.

T2 content is actually challenging when your gear isn't the greatest, which judging by the AH and the time that the game has been out, I'd assume your party wasn't a bunch of 13k+ gearscore people.

Neverwinter has an interesting/frustrating/sometimes annoying boss difficulty system. A good portion of the difficult comes from the Adds. When your party isn't completely out-gearing the content it requires communication and strategy.

Now, for actually helping you.... You're a healer, your focus should be surviving and healing/buffing. If you are being overwhelmed by Adds then you need to sit down your Control Wizards/GWFs/Warlocks and explained to them that you can't just ignore the Adds in Epic dungeons. Most of the T2 dungeons require an immediate switch of focus to the adds when they spawn, or a strategy on how to kite/lock them down.

Just sounds to me that you guys didn't consider how dangerous ignoring them can be, causing you the Healer to grab aggro from all that weren't attacked.

Lastly, please don't complain about the difficulty when you JUST STARTED COMPLETING the end-game content after a week.
    edited April 2015
    So it's pretty obvious this is just a frustrated rant thread, but I'll try to help you out a little.

T2 content is actually challenging when your gear isn't the greatest, which judging by the AH and the time that the game has been out, I'd assume your party wasn't a bunch of 13k+ gearscore people.

Neverwinter has an interesting/frustrating/sometimes annoying boss difficulty system. A good portion of the difficult comes from the Adds. When your party isn't completely out-gearing the content it requires communication and strategy.

Now, for actually helping you.... You're a healer, your focus should be surviving and healing/buffing. If you are being overwhelmed by Adds then you need to sit down your Control Wizards/GWFs/Warlocks and explained to them that you can't just ignore the Adds in Epic dungeons. Most of the T2 dungeons require an immediate switch of focus to the adds when they spawn, or a strategy on how to kite/lock them down.

Just sounds to me that you guys didn't consider how dangerous ignoring them can be, causing you the Healer to grab aggro from all that weren't attacked.

Lastly, please don't complain about the difficulty when you JUST STARTED COMPLETING the end-game content after a week.

I agree with you on this post, the endgame will be hard, but if I'm right when the element of evil comes out on the xbox one the level cap will be moved up to level 70 so it might be a lot harder then what it is now. So I wouldn't complain about how hard it is. Okay :)
  • xxxrumbl3xxxxxxrumbl3xxx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eroticdoom wrote: »
    The adds the bosses spawn are a little OTT I mean with the framerate dropping to single figures i spend most of time kiting !! the moment i stop to try throw out some healing/buffs to my weary party im dead.

P.S Just a little heads up to those randoms who have not researched classes... Cleric is not a healer in the traditional sense so screaming " HEAL ME YOU $@&@ING MORON " while i'm dealing with all the adds and trying to throw out skills is not helpful.

Trying to target 1 person among 15+ adds while kiting in a slideshow, is like trying to tell an idiot GWF ( who thinks he is the most important member of party ) not to stand still in the RED circles on the floor !! ..

Treat your clerics right or watch them /drop your group!

Also what Malevolent said: gearing up - like in WoW (ew) - towards end-game means victory or wipe. Towards that end I've been saving up all my gear enchants for lvl60 so I can buff up enough for T2 dungeons for tanking.

And liek Eroticdoom said: STAY OUT OF THE RED @#$@ING CIRCLES!
    edited April 2015
    The red circles are nasty lol.
  • jargoljargol Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    danny3421 wrote: »
    The red circles are nasty lol.

Are the green ones okay <grin>
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Treat your clerics right or watch them /drop your group!

Also what Malevolent said: gearing up - like in WoW (ew) - towards end-game means victory or wipe. Towards that end I've been saving up all my gear enchants for lvl60 so I can buff up enough for T2 dungeons for tanking.

And liek Eroticdoom said: STAY OUT OF THE RED @#$@ING CIRCLES!

This was a problem when the PC version first started out. Everyone would ignore the adds and focus on the boss, while myself would be dodging adds and trying to heal. Naturally, when we wiped, it was my fault. However, as the game matured people realized the dynamics and the dungeons got a little easier.
  • boyshorshboyshorsh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I understand your frustration. This game is NOT hard at all.
    However I don't believe this game is optimized for xbox like they say it is.
    In dungeons It looks like I'm watching a slide show its horrible. For me anyway.
    And the pugs I've been running dungeons with don't seem to understand that these dungeons have adds.
    So I'm sitting around kiting the adds, healing the group and myself, as well as killing the adds....
    since everyone seems to have forgotten about them.

I am not mad though, I've gone through much worse on a PC (:
    since that is where i originate from.
    First time owning an Xbox lol
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Im a GF Tank, and I insure my DC gets the support he/she needs. The moment I see my DC being attacked, I rush to his/her side. Once a fight is over I inform (sometimes not so nicely) the group. I will Tank you kill adds. I believe, with most players soloing content they (no experience in MMO's) don't understand during Endgame things are way different. Since Launch day, I have had only 1 healer not healing. After chatting he was just over whelmed. That issue was resolved and not by booting him.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly I was actually upset at the T2 instances, I ran one with 2 hr (one being me) 2 wizards n a rogue and we tore through t2 plague caverns with no wipes and all under 10k Gs. I think they actually need more difficult dungeons :(. But to the adds part, it makes the boss more dynamic, instead of just tank n spank u have to worry about addition mobs. What u need to do is talk to a group member and gave them pull the adds off u. I for example always tell my group to run the mobs through the boss and I catch them in an endless CC chain till they die or the boss dies. Its all about communication, tho sometimes they don't listen and ur boned anyways :D
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Appreciate the positive feedback ( and yes it was a frustrated rant ).. I know how the adds should be dealt with it's finding a party that also knows this though.

Have had several runs since which have proved more successful as more learn to take aggro off me so I can be effective , Sunburst has saved my life more than once..

P.s the framerate issue though is a killer and as I have said makes it near impossible to heal/aim any skills.
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • emgv3ng3anc3emgv3ng3anc3 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eroticdoom wrote: »

P.S Just a little heads up to those randoms who have not researched classes... Cleric is not a healer in the traditional sense so screaming " HEAL ME YOU $@&amp;@ING MORON " while i'm dealing with all the adds and trying to throw out skills is not helpful.

I see what you're saying, I have encountered the same problem a few times, and other players can put clerics down greatly, blaming them for everyone's death's when its near impossible to heal with the constant flow of add's attacking and no one defending the Clerics.
    However, I found that you have to be properly honest with people, T2 dungeons are solid, they;re supposed to be, if it was easy, what's the point in playing? It's a case of knowing how to beat the boss, but sometimes, you just have to inspect other players, and if they haven't got the gear score you believe isn't great enough to take on the boss, tell them. That's what I do now, eventually, after failing multiple times, they come to terms with it, leave, and new players join, hopefully with a better gear score.
    It's also a case of having the right team set up, in the dungeons that I play, we often end up having 3 rogue's... but that makes everything all the more difficult and possibly impossible, so we are forced to kick people (We dont kick people out of being harsh, we do explain to them first, and I'd rather not waste anyones time)
    Dont worry about it too much though mate, give it some time, like everyones saying, its been a week, I've completed a fair few T2 dungeons now, and I find that incredibly impressive... You'll get there eventually!
  • bigpaparubigpaparu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What is an add? or adds? Are they all the other things your fighting besides the boss?
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Yes add/adds is the other mobs attacking the group.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    As a Cleric, the most frustrating thing on T2 bosses is when the melee are getting overwhelmed by adds. All they do is kite around the room in circles while 10+ mobs are training behind them.

While it may seem like a smart idea, I don't think most people realize that at ~9k gearscore Clerics, when built right/playing well, can drop total damage immunity, ******ed amounts of healing, damage and damage resistance buffs to allies, and damage resistance debuffs on the enemy. I may be the odd man out but I find that if the entire party stacks up and AoEs everything to shreds after I drop my buffs/debuffs, nobody's health bar so much as stutters and the mobs die more than twice as fast.

Even when you're only dropping 1x or 2x Empowered Astral Shields that's more than enough for your heals to make up the difference, especially when it's just adds hitting your teammates. Their attacks barely surpass the health threshold required to do damage while Emp AS is active.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • bigpaparubigpaparu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes add/adds is the other mobs attacking the group.

Thank you. Why say adds instead of mobs. Sorry this is off topic. I guess it would be for addition. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry one more, I see people keep saying kite, what is that? Kiting around the room refers to?
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    bigpaparu wrote: »
    Thank you. Why say adds instead of mobs. Sorry this is off topic. I guess it would be for addition. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry one more, I see people keep saying kite, what is that? Kiting around the room refers to?

Kiting means you're staying out of range of the enemy's attacks while still being able to do damage to them. This basically looks like someone running away from something, turning to cast an ability, running away some more, casting again, over and over. You're basically running in wide circles and killing something slowly while you take no damage.

Adds/mobs are the same thing, it's just MMO jargon. You'll get used to it.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon