test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How exactly to the dungeon keys work?

nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
So last night got our first free dungeon treasue key, hit level 14, was able to do our first Dungeon Delve. We go and do it, beat the final boss, get down to the bottom and we notice that the treasure chest is locked.

Looked online, and it looks like that chest is only unlocked during the special dungeon delve event? Is this how it works, you can only use that key if there is a dungeon event going on?

Also, what was up with picking up random stuff like gooseberries and placing them on an altar, myself and someone else placed two things on an altar but nothing happened.

Thanks for any help!
Post edited by nickisis on

Comments

• gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you run clock tower, if get and place on altars all the stuff unlock other final chest.

about the key is for open chest when event is off, is posible you run a buged instance :(
    PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    During the event you get a second chest. For CT you need to pick up 4 items to place them on the alters for a chest. In CT its possible to get 3 total chest at the end
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So is there no chest at the end of CT if you don't pick up the 4 items and it's not an event going on?
    edited April 2015
    firts chest is allways avalaible
    second chest when pick up the 4 items and place on altars
    third chest when Dungeon Delves is on.
    edited April 2015
    do not worry about playing this dungeon now, the important items and loot are when you play it to lvl 60.
    edited April 2015
    Right, but we are just wondering where the first chest that is always available is? Is it down below under the stairs that open up when you beat the boss? Or is it up top somewhere? We looked everywhere and couldn't find ANY chest to open.
    edited April 2015
    the principal chest is under the stairs when you beat the boss ^^ (you can open it with the key or when dungeon delves is on)
  • xxhollywoodxxhollywood Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2015
    I didn't know about chucking stuff on an altar either!
    What are the items (or do they change each time), and where is this altar to place them on?
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
    edited April 2015
    Ok, so last night we did Clock Tower while Dungeon Delve was going on. On that one, the chest at the end opened. We then did another one, while the timer was still going on, and got to the end before the timer ran out on Dungeon Delve event, but this time the chest was locked. So it didn't open for the Event, AND I had a daily dungeon key on me but it didn't open for that.

1) I'm not getting why sometimes the chest is locked at the bottom of the stairs. Can't even click on it.

2) For the Dungeon Delve event, are there TWO chests, or just one?
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nickisis wrote: »
    2) For the Dungeon Delve event, are there TWO chests, or just one?

There's suppose to be a second chest I think, but I never see it during the event. It must be bugged at the moment.
    The Daily Chest key only works for the Daily Dungeon you get off lizard features Rikis (or whatever his name is). To get the chest unlocked on additional dungeons you have to buy additional keys. That's how I understand it anyway.
  • sirbad2012sirbad2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    googoots wrote: »
    There's suppose to be a second chest I think, but I never see it during the event. It must be bugged at the moment.
    The Daily Chest key only works for the Daily Dungeon you get off lizard features Rikis (or whatever his name is). To get the chest unlocked on additional dungeons you have to buy additional keys. That's how I understand it anyway.
    This is totally not correct a daily dungeon chest key is just a chest key you can get once a day for free. It can open any dungeon chest that spawns during a dungeon delve event.
    edited April 2015
    sirbad2012 wrote: »
    This is totally not correct a daily dungeon chest key is just a chest key you can get once a day for free. It can open any dungeon chest that spawns during a dungeon delve event.

So wait, that key ONLY opens a chest during the dungeon delve event, and not outside of it?
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sirbad2012 wrote: »

Just reading what the Dungeon Chest Keymaster says and you are right. So much to take in lol.

@Nickisis - The Daily Chest Key can open any chest at the end of any Dungeon at any time. You get one free everyday but you can only have one at a time, you can't store up Daily Chest Keys.