test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to Neverwinter and have a question about jumping..

geobmzgeobmz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
hi,

I'm new to Neverwinter and am really enjoying it on the Xbox One..
I've searched all over for this question and came up with no answer... via, google and forum searches

Initially, I thought that players could not jump.. however, while in a dungeon group... one of the players near me had "jumped" up on a fallen/leaning bookcase and up to the level area on top... try as I had.. I couldn't get on the leaning bookcase...

is jumping a class only thing?

(my current character is a Scourge Warlock)

thanks.
Post edited by geobmz on

Comments

• davril77davril77 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hold LB and hit A
  • xxxrumbl3xxxxxxrumbl3xxx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Geobmz!

Hola brosif. The answer you seek is jump: hold LB + A

Hope this helps!

RUMBL3
  • geobmzgeobmz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    THANKS, both of you, for your replies..!

on a second note: are the controller layouts available anywhere?

thanks again..
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello, and welcome to the NeverWinter forums. There is not a controller layout, not as of now. But they add in the future. Thanks :)
    edited April 2015
    ahh... thanks..

it would be useful, though.. especially for newbies, like myself, who have no idea how to do the "normal" things like jump...:confused:
  • xxhollywoodxxhollywood Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2015
    I'd have to agree with you.
    The "layout" at the bottom of your screen is pretty horrific for new players.
    But, all buttons are displayed at the bottom in the relatively same location as on your controller.
    Took me forever to realize that the weird picture with the foot on it meant that you could "auto-run" by clicking your right joystick!
    The icons are nice and all - but knowing what they mean (the default ones, not the ones we can assign) would be better.
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    D
    I'd have to agree with you.
    The "layout" at the bottom of your screen is pretty horrific for new players.
    But, all buttons are displayed at the bottom in the relatively same location as on your controller.
    Took me forever to realize that the weird picture with the foot on it meant that you could "auto-run" by clicking your right joystick!
    The icons are nice and all - but knowing what they mean (the default ones, not the ones we can assign) would be better.

You know your post, just now would fit better in the feedback, forums :)
  • jargoljargol Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you press the 2 little squares button to the left of the menu button... it shows you the layout.
  • strandthemanstrandtheman Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    geobmz wrote: »
    THANKS, both of you, for your replies..!

on a second note: are the controller layouts available anywhere?

thanks again..

Just hit the "select" button on the controller. The UI will be highlighted with all of the controller's buttons so you can see what everything is mapped to. Not exactly the same as you are looking for, but if you haven't tried this, it'll help you learn the controls quick.
    edited April 2015
    Just hit the "select" button on the controller. The UI will be highlighted with all of the controller's buttons so you can see what everything is mapped to. Not exactly the same as you are looking for, but if you haven't tried this, it'll help you learn the controls quick.

AHHH.. thanks for that!! more I didn't know...lol

still, they should have something in the way of letting new users know this stuff..

Thanks
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    To find controller layout. When you get to the screen the has the LARGE YELLOW "PLAY" word. Do not click on it. Scroll down to "OPTIONS" then over to "GAME HELP". Your X1 will go to split screen and you will be able to find information regarding the game. Everything from Controller layout to information on the Foundry.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain