test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Move the leave group button to options

finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Can you please move the leave group thing to options so we can't accidently leave a group when trying to greed roll on something or at least have some sort of confirmation when trying to leave group in an instance.
Post edited by finaldeath1689 on

Comments

• fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I agree 100% I've left multiple parties while in a Skirmish and had to spam to the leader to re-invite me....
  • myrkul76myrkul76 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I did the same thing on the final boss of a dungeon last night
  • ladyevayneladyevayne Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    +1 both me and a friend dropped separate groups last night for the same reason.
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Maybe im confused..but before I can leave a group I have to hit the BACK button then the X to leave group.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe im confused..but before I can leave a group I have to hit the BACK button then the X to leave group.

Yes and greed rolling on items is also the back button then x.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This has happened to me several times now...
    21.jpg
  • jellytotzkkjellytotzkk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    100% agree! I tweeted them about this but got no response. Done exactly the same thing on the final boss of a dungeon :( they might not think it's a problem but the situation gets worst when there's a random lag spike that occurs from time to time.
    edited April 2015
    100% agree! I tweeted them about this but got no response. Done exactly the same thing on the final boss of a dungeon :( they might not think it's a problem but the situation gets worst when there's a random lag spike that occurs from time to time.

It is also a big issue when someone loots something mid fight and you wait till a safe time to roll on it and the thing goes away just as you press view then x so you quit out. I have luckily only had it happen to me once but that one time was enough for me to come here to make this thread about it.
  • zakpathforgezakpathforge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This really needs to be changed. It is just way too easy to accidentally click out of a group, especially during all of the button-mashing that occurs during a big encounter. I've already had it happen multiple times at the end of long dungeon crawls and if you're with a random pickup group there's no way to get back in. This so far has been my single largest issue with the xbox1 implementation of this game.
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I thought I was the only one who did that when hitting greed on something 2 nights ago...

Never greeded again. Support, btw.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • maltokamaltoka Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    This has happened to my wife and I several times each, in the Daily Dungeons, or Skirmishes, or just while were in a group with just our family. She, or I will all a sudden poof out o the group. Nothing like having to convince someone you arent <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with them and kicking them just for fun...... Please please please move this to the options, or more realistically/common add a confirmation for dropping group.
  • ragenstienragenstien Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Signed, whoever though the roll greed and leave dungeon options should be the same button needs sacking.
  • atebitbradatebitbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agreed. I just did it after waiting in a very long dungeon queue. Hope they change it.
  • thecameljokeythecameljokey Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2015
    Signed. Happened to me several times so far
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I understand your frustrations. I have not left a group because of it but a few friends have. A quick fix.. tell the group NOT TO PICK up loot during battles. I have done this a few times and it works
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
    edited April 2015
    I understand your frustrations. I have not left a group because of it but a few friends have. A quick fix.. tell the group NOT TO PICK up loot during battles. I have done this a few times and it works

Telling does nothing i started yelling at people in my group earlier because they refused to stop looting stuff making it almost impossible to do anything with the constant flow of loot rolls the entire skirmish, blew through a dozen potions and did double the dmg as everyone else combined because all they cared about doing was looting instead of helping. But it also happens out of combat as well, had a lag spike earlier and the loot window didn't recognize the buttons where as the main hud did which resulted in me leaving the group and getting dropped from the skirmish.

Yet another issue i have been pretty annoyed by the last few days when it comes to the loot <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is that when trying to roll for loot once you complete a skirmish or dungeon when the scoreboard comes up you have to stop and close the scoreboard after every roll because it pops up along with the roll and dismissing the scoreboard doesn't work.

The point is that rolling and leaving the group SHOULD NOT be done by pressing the same buttons, don't care if i am looting in combat, out of combat or not looting at all, doesn't change the fact that having them both the same is the dumbest thing they did and the person who thought it up was dropped on his head a few too many times as a baby.
  • nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is this an issue because people are waiting too long to push the "Greed" button? And then it's disappearing right before they hit "Greed"? What exactly is causing the issue other than them being the same button? How long does the Need/Greed/Pass screen stay up?

Had a bunch of Need/Greed last night but pretty much pushed the button as soon as it popped up and didn't leave any parties, but maybe it's because I am hitting the button so fast?
  • atebitbradatebitbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Issue is it either lags for a split second before it registers you doing greed and you end up doing leave group. The other issue is people are in a hurry to get the giant loot box ui elements off the screen so they spam LB+X. And yet another issue is at a quick glance you mistake the loot roll result ui element for a new loot to roll on.

Easy fix would be place leave group in the start menu and scale the loot ui elements down and place just above action bar or off to the side.
    edited April 2015
    One of my accidental quits was the loot result thing as well. Said "1 of 2" and i thought it was 2 rolls in a row but instead it was just one roll and the result of a previous roll. There have been a couple times i caught myself before i hit x where the loot roll popup completely ignored the command and it went straight to the main ui.
  • andeerayandeeray Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree! Hate when that happens. Near the end and I try to "greed" and then its over...So close... yet so far away. Please move the button :)