test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Week 1 of Neverwinter XB1 VS. PC.

jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
Howdy all, and as you may know it's been about a week now since Neverwinter has been out. Yayyyy! The game is great! It feels much like the PC did, just better. The controller feels right, the gameplay is smooth, a few freezing and being kicked out while joining a skirmish, but overall a very smooth release.

I have a couple problems though. One slightly less major one will be the console MMO issue. It's really hard to socialize on consoles, which is not the games fault. I played DC Universe Online and it was extremely social. People were always talking. I'm not sure, maybe many XB1 owners don't have a cordless keyboard or don't want to download the Smartglass app on their phone. No biggy.

The other issue is the foundry. I know, they currently have little intentions of adding this AWESOME feature into the game. It is, however, a very fun aspect, that lets our creative energies flow. The devs could release it, they would just have to dumb it down and make it like Forge (Halo) for it to work. That is the main issue I have. I LOVED foundry on Neverwinter PC, and I think the XB1 players would get a kick out of it as well.

Please explain why you like or dislike Foundry or the idea of Foundry on the XB1.

There are very little bugs (that I've noticed) and it looks like the community loves the idea of Zen (look at Astral to Zen ratios friends). It's a **** near perfect first week (despite them doing this once already on PC)

Chat could be worked on, the amount of "players" receiving Drakes and Tokens spam me constantly, accidentally leaving the game due to trying to greed an item but I hit leave group, and a couple others, but it is still a fun experience
Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
Post edited by jjb828 on

Comments

• atomikonatomikon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How does the Smartglass app help with chat?
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    atomikon wrote: »
    How does the Smartglass app help with chat?

You can use it as a keyboard.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
    edited April 2015
    GTFOH ... since when? I haven't figured that out yet - do tell!
  • zdragonlordzdragonlord Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    atomikon wrote: »
    GTFOH ... since when? I haven't figured that out yet - do tell!
    Lol, only slightly. You have to first bring up the keyboard on screen. So you still have to open the chat block and hit X to start a message, but instead of using the +pad to type, if Smartglass is open to the controller, a small box should pop up in place of the controller buttons. Tap the box and a keyboard will pop up, and type away, fun to watch it type on your TV as you do. Particularly useful in Warframe when you are trading a mass amount of items (make a list in another app, copy and paste).

Took me forever to figure it out too, and I absolutely love its usefulness.
    edited April 2015
    Ahhhh ... see - I knew there was a catch. So do everything like normal, except you can type using the phone/tablet instead of the controller. Gotcha. That *does* help, but not eradicate the PITA chat is in-game! lol ...
    edited April 2015
    I do hope chat begins slightly easier to use. It works decently with keyboard, not so much with Smartglass
  • sakaweedsakaweed Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Foundry would be sweet!
    edited April 2015
    I truly hope to see Foundry in the future.. It's a great part of the game
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can see why it might not be there. I'm happy with them importing PC foundry quests as a compromise, as long as it's done regularly.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
    edited April 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    I can see why it might not be there. I'm happy with them importing PC foundry quests as a compromise, as long as it's done regularly.

Yes, but the Foundry is meant for the community to make quests. If the XB1 gets PC community quests, that's a little unfair, no? I don't mean to be rude, but I'd rather play my friends quests than a random player off PC
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Frankly, given the player-names we've already seen, I shudder to think what quests 'Great **** Ape' or 'Evil ******' would make.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm sure they ranked Foundry as a lower bang for buck than other features. I don't think a lot of folks play the foundries on the PC as it is .. too much campaign/gear grinding to do with our limited time.
    edited April 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    Frankly, given the player-names we've already seen, I shudder to think what quests 'Great **** Ape' or 'Evil ******' would make.

True. However, people with those names won't be making the good Foundry missions the general population over 18 would play.

They could incorporate Zen into Foundry; Say, every player can have 3 Foundry missions published at a time, but you can purchase up to 10 with Zen. And use Zen to buy more objects, characters, etc. to place in your Foundry quest. You gain experience off Player generated content so many people would more than likely play it, especially at level 60 for a break off that dungeon grind.
  • ragenstienragenstien Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hahaha, I actually read that out loud. GTFOH! lol, I reacted the same way when I realised I could use my Phone :D
  • theclericalerrortheclericalerror Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Keener to see Gateway to Xbox than Foundry but still sounds amazing!
  • lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Never played the PC version, so what is Foundry?

My main issue of week 1 is the group disconnect problems my buddies and I have when in groups of 3 or more. I guess the servers fill up fast between areas, and it boots one of us when there is no more room in the server we're headed too. I dunno. Queues for the dungeons, not the skirmishes, take forever to get into. My Rogue will sit an hour at the least to queue up, while my buddy's Cleric will be in after a ten minute wait. I understand the DPS vs. Healer problem there, but it's not my fault they put so much DPS and so few Healer/Tank classes. Otherwise, I got four friends to join after telling them, so my guild can be started. :cool:
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Never played the PC version, so what is Foundry?

Foundry is where players can create their own quests by using tools given to them which allow the player to creator dialogue, environments, and set attackable enemies.

Would also like to see gateway too.
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    FYI, we are getting Foundry Quest soon. Before you ask. Start the game. Do not hit the Large PLAY go down to help. check under the quest menu. you will find Foundry Quest coming soon
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain