test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fair price for Fire Archon?

spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User
I've yet to see one in-game and in contrast, I've seen hundreds of rage drakes and they're going for 400k+ AD. I have 1,700 silver bars and have no use for any of the gear, so I was just wondering what a good price would be on the item. Either that or the Stag mount. Which would be the wiser option? I'm good on mounts and companions, so I really don't need anything from that vendor.
Post edited by spiritualxbl on

Comments

• awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd hold onto the bars if nothing in there catches your eye, chances are new stuff you may like more than what's available will be added at a later date.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1700 trade bars also means you have 8 (and halfway to 9) coalescent wards. With 8 wards, you can make a perfect enchant if you buy 8 lesser enchantments.

Usually, I would price anything you purchase for tradebars at the going rate of a coalescent ward for example, if the ZAX is at 500:1 then you would need 500k AD to buy the zen for a ward. That would mean ever 200 tradebars is worth 500k. However, that also means that the price is variable, so if zen is 100:1 then the price of a coal. ward (and 200 tradebars) would be 100k.

That means a fair price for an archon is variable. In my experience it is more profitable to use tradebars for coal wards, as they make enchants that never bind to character and can always be traded. You can also make enchants that sell for more than others, furthering your profit from this.
  • spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just figured the Fire Archon would be more appealing to people right now, but I see your point. I'll just buy them and put them back for later. Heck, I might end up using them. Thanks for the advice guys.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It *is* a great companion, so keeping it may not be a bad idea. Have it summoned, do some advertising for any future sales :D
  • mellojelomellojelo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have one in the AH on Xbox. Prices range from 450k AD, to 1 mil AD. Problem is that the AH is sooo "Borked", that people can't even see it due to the limited results (400 listings). Searching by name would be the only way to view it.

Great pet though...awesome dps!