test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ZEN marketplace needs better bundles

ueturuetur Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I am the type of player who will try a free to play game and if I like it spend money. Somewhere between $20 and $300 on average depending on the game and how much it sucks me in. This usually isn't one lump sum but spent over a period of time. I can already tell I like this game and will be playing it a while so putting down some funds makes sense to me.

However I am totally not excited every time I go to the Zen marketplace. I want to buy essentially a retail copy of this game. Unlocking Bag and Vault space, maybe some respec tokens, more character slots, etc. all in a nice and neat bundle. As a mid level player I really just need things that make it so I can just play the game with as few interruptions as possible. I actually can't find this.

Every bundle I have look at that might do this has so much other fluff that if I price out just buying the stuff I want I will actually save money never buying a bundle. A bundle with gear that you can outgrow seems weak to me. The core game is great and I don't care about a new race yet. A bundle with crafting components may be good but I don't know yet. Not only that but I see all the items a bundle might give me and then I look at my bag and vault space situation and I don't even know if I will have space. The highest price bundles may have real value but remember I am mid level and I don't have any concept of true end game yet to let me see the value there.

I think the biggest mistake is your bundles don't re-enforce your core revenue producing mechanics. Ideally an initial bundle purchase would give some freebie items such as a key to open a lock box, items to help with refinement, a re-training token etc. All with the goal to show a player their value so they begin to purchase those items on their own.
Post edited by uetur on

Comments

• jam2019841jam2019841 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my only problem with the ZEN market is the high prices, like most f2p games the more Currency you buy the cheaper it usually gets this is not the case theres no discount.. for example if i was to buy a 1000 ZEN at £7.99 then if i was to buy 2000 ZEN it should cost about £12.99 and not £15.98 i know it only a few pounds saving but still a saving...
  • ueturuetur Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I noticed that too that buying more Zen gave a very small discount. I guess that doesn't bother me as much because lets say I want to spend $50, the specific output I am looking for is how that benefits me in game. If the Zen purchase rate was flat it wouldn't matter if the purchase was amazing.
  • funkyflychickenfunkyflychicken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I just sell the lockboxes now. It is an absolute ripoff. I dont care so much about the money already spent ($30) but I certainly wont be buying any more legendary keys.

I also have no interest in buying a pack that gives blue items every five levels. That takes some of the fun out of the game. I would rather, as mentioned above, pay a more reasonable fee for extra character slots, bags, etc. but even those now are quite ridiculously priced. I like the game, but the IAP pricing really sours the experience (out of all the lockboxes I did open with the 30 spent, not once did I actually gain anything really useful, which is why I will never pay for that again).
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OP: The Heirloom pack sounds exactly like what you want.

It has:
    A blue-rarity companion (for every character)
    Another character slot
    A character re-roll token
    A box that grants 5-6 blue items every five levels from 5-50 (for every character)
    A bag of holding (for one character - but it can be freely passed between them)

Twenty bucks.
    I also have no interest in buying a pack that gives blue items every five levels. That takes some of the fun out of the game.
    Fair enough. But:
    A) The items are shirts, trousers, rings... not chest armor, arm armor, boots, waist, neck (necklace/cloak) or helm/hood. There is still plenty of gear you'll be hunting for.
    B) The items are good, not great. They are likely to replace items you've found since the last time you opened the box - but they are likely to be replaced before you open the box again.
    C) They stop at level 50 - exactly when the real hunt begins.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.