test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Low framerate everywhere

danielgossdanielgoss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
im having low framerate not only in the city but also in dungeons and questing maps, is this something they can fix with updates ?
Post edited by danielgoss on

Comments

• logrookslogrooks Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Clearly the achilles heal of the game on xbox, has there been any talk to improve this issue? Sometimes the game will drop down to a couple FPS, and i even had it crash once because so much was going on... the 25-man dungeon won't even be possible in the future if it doesn't get tended to.
    "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
  • finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ya, its gets really bad at the first dragon in the graveyard.
  • foldedbluemangofoldedbluemango Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    danielgoss wrote: »
    im having low framerate not only in the city but also in dungeons and questing maps, is this something they can fix with updates ?

I hope so, you are not the only one. Sometimes it's great but most times the frame rate is God awful
    edited April 2015
    Anything with more than 4 or 5 people in a single area becomes a slideshow. Just try the first dragon in the graveyard, becomes a slideshow for me every time.
  • pappacubepappacube Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    just tried the "Throne of Idris" a couple times and it was absolutely like a slide show when we got to the boss. Unplayable.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out
    how far one can go. --T.S. Eliot
  • gaborik79gaborik79 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    logrooks wrote: »
    Clearly the achilles heal of the game on xbox, has there been any talk to improve this issue? Sometimes the game will drop down to a couple FPS, and i even had it crash once because so much was going on... the 25-man dungeon won't even be possible in the future if it doesn't get tended to.

Well being part of more new MMO launches and XPAC launched then I can remember I can tell you this is not something new. Almost every Mmo I've played didn't matter if it was a new release or an xpac they all have had server issues be it lag, drops, some not being able to play. It's the price we pay (this case it's free) to be part of a launch like this.

Also this is the first mmo to launch on the xb1 there a bound to be issues. I am sure they are aware of the issue and are working on it, but it won't happen over night.
  • gaborik79gaborik79 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is nothing new if you have played MMOs before. Every launch new game or xpac has server issues. Add that to this being the first xb1 MMO it's the price we pay (this case free) for being part of the launch. I am sure they are aware of the issues but this won't be fixed overnight just like it wasn't and will not be for every mmo that releases in the future.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seems to me the framerate issues became worse after yesterday's maintenance.

Played excessively 3/31 & 4/1 with little to no FR issues.

Last night game was nearly unplayable.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm guessing they need to tweak the default graphic settings for xb.

MMO testing has seriously got to get better. Is there no way to test with full parties/zones across a variety of geographies?
  • ronnieharper2000ronnieharper2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    Seems to me the framerate issues became worse after yesterday's maintenance.

I noticed something similar, so once I finally tired of the rubber banding I logged into my router and put my XBONE in a DMZ. It could be anecdotal, but the lag seemed to clear up for me afterwards.
  • wolfgangpacowolfgangpaco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All the companions in a dungeon isn't helping. :P Kinda wish I could turn off or lessen other players spell animations.

This game has also been out in China for the Xbox One since Sept. 2014. So...they should have know about the framerate issues.
  • wolfgangpacowolfgangpaco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Woops double post.
    edited April 2015
    I noticed something similar, so once I finally tired of the rubber banding I logged into my router and put my XBONE in a DMZ. It could be anecdotal, but the lag seemed to clear up for me afterwards.

Just a coincidence, i've had my xbox in my router's dmz since i got it in december and still have rubber banding issues and lag/lockups.
  • danielgossdanielgoss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so you guys are tell me that the low framerate is on the server side and not the game itself
    edited April 2015
    so you guys are tell me that the low framerate is on the server side and not the game itself

Both, low framerate is on the game side, the actual lag and disconnects and issues reconnecting when disconnected are server side.
  • cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ive not had much FPS/lag issues, which is highly surprising considering how weak my internet is.

EDIT: FPS problems almost always involved overheating in my PC games. Maybe the same with Xbox Ones? Microsoft is kind of known for that heat problem lol
  • nervusbreakd0wnnervusbreakd0wn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the only framerate i get is when I enter the main city but I havent gotten that far against the dragon. They need to fix this on their end of the server or update this title to keep it in check.

Its not a deal breaker because most of the time I never had real big issues but I want to see it run better. I know its not the PC but still if your going to server this to millions of X1 players on XBOX LIVE. If they dont get it taken care of ESO will.
  • ljr69ljr69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm finding it really annoying at times, although to date the game has remained playable (just about in some instances). However I too haven't reached the dragon yet. I think that will decide whether I stick NW or not.
  • foldedbluemangofoldedbluemango Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I don't know why this is t a bigger topic, if it's not fixed by June I can't see playing with this much screen lag over eso
  • ragenstienragenstien Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was having really bad frame rate issues as soon as I started playing the game. It was almost like when you play a really demanding game on PC with a really old graphics card. So much slow down it was unplayable at times. Friend asked if I'd tried clearing the cache (With the Xbone turned on, hold the power button in for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on). Tried it and it's worked for me, it's like a totally different game now. So smooth and awesome, still a bit of lag in the city when there's almost 100 people in the instance but questing areas and dungeons have been fine for me ever since. I'm not saying it will work for everyone but it most certainly did for me :D