test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

external HDD makes my game run smoother

jam2019841jam2019841 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
i just bought a new samsung desktop HDD 2tb usb 3.0.

so iv had never wither running on the xbox originl hdd since release and last night i thought what the hell, i decided to move my neverwinter game to the external HDD and since doing so the fps has improved so much i can run around town now without jerking about on my horse:) and yes i know the difference between lag and frame rate the game loads faster and just feels smoother overall :)

this is the HDD i got sorry if im not allowed to post it

http://www.cclonline.com/product/112781/HX-D201TDB/G/External-Storage/Samsung-D3-Station-STSHX-D201TDB-2TB-Hard-Drive-USB-3-0-Black-External-/BAK3721/
Post edited by jam2019841 on

Comments

• ragenstienragenstien Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just clear your cache and it runs just fine.
  • wtfxmintberrywtfxmintberry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Xbox HD run on SATA II aka SATA 3Gb/s, running at 3.0 Gb/s = up to 300MB/s

USB 3.0 can transfer data at up to 5 Gbit/s = 625 MB/s

So USB should be faster than your HD, most external HD won't reach that speed unless its a higher end HD or SSD, but what you are experiencing is lag/rubber banding which is server/internet speed related not HD. So yes the external HD theoretically is faster when running games.
  • geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    How do I clear my cache on my Xbox? I hate the freezing and major fps lag. I know Xbox won't compete with my pc but this is crazy.
  • reapermech86reapermech86 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hold the power button on the front of the console to do a hard reset which clears the cache , done this a bunch has yet to help been trying to beat the scale father for 2 days now get him to the last hp bar and magically i die while the enemies are frozen in place .. great game still in transition from the beta, but im putting it down for a while
  • ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    geltab wrote: »
    How do I clear my cache on my Xbox? I hate the freezing and major fps lag. I know Xbox won't compete with my pc but this is crazy.

per reapermech86, hold the power button for at least 10secs, alternately unplug power for 30-60secs. when you restart you wil see the Xbox starting up scratch, rather than stored image.
  • wtfxmintberrywtfxmintberry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    per reapermech86, hold the power button for at least 10secs, alternately unplug power for 30-60secs. when you restart you wil see the Xbox starting up scratch, rather than stored image.

This ^^^^^ Plus you can also look at the white light on the power supply, it should turn orange(ish) when it has actually stop powering the xbox console. That means its ok to unplug, you could pull the plug earlier but I would wait for the light to switch.