test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen Market Packs

ashlilvinashlilvin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Anyone have recommendations for items to get off the zen market? I picked up the Heirloom pack and I love it. I'm thinking about the Dragonborn Legend Pack for the Artifact and items, or the Champion of the North pack. Just want to see what everyone else has gotten and do you think it was worth it.
Post edited by ashlilvin on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have every single pack...

Here are the best in order (from my perspective, of course) and why:

Guardian of Neverwinter for the Dire Wolf companion: (very) high chance of interrupt if active AND when summoned actively tries to block brutes and bosses from running toward you; works to draw their agro, worth investing in HP runes for survivability (and pretty robust as it is already).

Dragonborne Legendary pack for the artifact + Dragon Hoard bag + Ring - which are all account-wide reclaimable.

Knight of the Feywild for the Sylph companion which gives 50% cc resit when active (no need to summon) (and seems to shorten cc by 50% when you ARE cc'd)

Bahamut for the companion (it's really pretty good) and the free transmute items are nice; entire pack is account-wide reclaimable.

Hero of the North for the Armored Spider mount, which is a lot of fun and becoming a rare sight in game. (The Panther companion sucks, though)

The rest are basically: Either meh or class-specific.
  • ashlilvinashlilvin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I was looking for. Was curious to see what people have and see if they thought it was worth it. Thanks angry :)
  • spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So am I missing something or are Guardian of Neverwinter and the Feywild pack unavailable in the Xbox One store?
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Those modules aren't available for Xbox, so the packs aren't either
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I imagine once those modules hit X-Box they will likely release those packs. I apologize that I forgot this is an X-Bot forum. :)

Perhaps consider it reference for the future. They will release these for X-Box once those modules hit (I'm pretty sure of that). :)
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The heirloom pack is a neat starter pack for 2000 Zen
    Blue rarity gear for the shirt, pants, main-hand, off-hand and both ring slots - Every five levels from five to fifty.
    A blue level mercenary companion for every character you roll.
    One Character slot, one re-roll token, one bag of holding.
    You'll want more, but if it offers a lot of bang for your starting buck.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For the Heirloom Pack, do you get the items every five levels for each character, or just one?
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Every character. As soon as you get through the tutorial head to the gift merchant (near the guy who gives you peasant clothes) and pick up the chest. Upon opening it you get the blue-rarity companion and the six items. And just like the adventurer box, you can open that chest every five levels for new loot.
    The loot is class specific, so my cleric will get different gear to my fighter. Along with the clothing the fighter gets a sword and shield; the cleric gets the same clothing but gets a holy symbol and a token... and so on for each class.
    The only thing not given to every character is the bag of holding. You get one. BUT you can transfer it. So I keep mine at the shared bank and whomever is going dungeon delving takes it with them to help drag back the loot. When character one is done, you return the bag to the bank and your next character can use it.

The blue items are good, but are also great by not being TOO overpowered - which would suck the fun out of exploring. True, whatever you find is likely to get replaced when you hit level 15/20/25/whatever, but there is room to 'grow'.
    Also, the heirloom box doesn't include stuff like helm, boots or graves - so there's still lots of stuff to hunt for in the dungeons.
    And it stops at level 50 - so for the end-game content you have to hunt out rare items yourself (again, I consider this a good thing... in RPGs and MMORPGs most the fun is hunting out great treasures, so it'd be lame if the pack robbed you of that long-term endgame).
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Perfect! Thanks for the update, telprydain.
  • nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks so much for this, was just talking with some people about this and we were definitely spouting misinformation, this cleared a lot of our questions up!
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IMO, best gear in the heirloom set is the shirt/pants - there simply don't seem to be many options out there.

The other stuff is pretty solid, but are quickly replaced by random drops for the most part.

The Mercenary companions passive bonus is also very good +105 Power, +105 Crit.

The Champion of the North pack is kinda blah, best part (by far IMO) is the Spider mount (a fast mount is extremely valuable, and starting at rank 3 - 110% speed increase + you can basically get anywhere without getting knocked off).
  • zdragonlordzdragonlord Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    I bought the Dragonborn pack on release day. One major thing to consider right now if you do not know already: the race reroll tokens are broken and you will not get one until it is fixed.
    Other than that, I love it.
    The Heart of the Red Dragon artifact is seriously useful through around level 15, then it's useful controlling small adds and burning targets.
    The ring is very useful, haven't found a good replacement yet and I'm a 35.
    The wings are replaced fairly fast, but they look cool so you can potentially replace aesthetics on end-game gear. The belt was replaced quick, but a good starter.
    The enchantment and glyphs are useful, but I have yet to use any, so don't take my word for it.
    The claw and scales I would recommend using on late gear when you can actually stand against a dragon.
    Both aesthetic packs look really cool, and I keep them on 24/7.
    Other than that, I love the race in general because if made correctly, dwarfs everyone else. Heck, on character select screen, mine has most of his head cut off by the top of the TV.

Very much worth my investment, love every part of it (aside the reroll glitch, but they are working on it).