test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil update on Xbox One?

funkad1nfunkad1n Member Posts: 4 Arc User
So I've played this game and it is rather enjoyable. but aside from the lack of customization for class building, I'm missing my favorite class from DnD; the Paladin! Will the Paladin be coming to Xbox One soon? Will it be a paid class like the Dragonborn requires a purchase? If it requires payment, how much will it be?
Post edited by funkad1n on

Comments

• Options
    kattfiskenkattfisken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As for the release of elemental evil i don't think there is a date for it yet on xbox one except that it will come "soon" after the PC release. And i think the paladin will be free just like the hunter ranger and scourge warlock :) it would be wierd for them to suddenly put a price on the classes :p
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    you never know in modern day gaming. no one buys a full game anymore. it's "you buy 80% of the game then pay extra for DLC". All about the money, yo.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From XBox Content Overview ...

"Our newest class, the Oathbound Paladin, will be coming to the Xbox One version in a later expansion."

"The Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, and PvP campaigns as well as the Gauntylgrym zone (along with the dungeons and skirmishes associated with them) will be released on Xbox One in later expansions."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    yeah, I've seen all that. More like, I'm looking for details. I won't be playing Neverwinter again until Paladin comes out.
  • Options
    metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    There is no word only speculation on the release for the X1.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looking at the "history" of Neverwinter on PC...

6/20/13 - game launched

8/22/13 - Mod 1 (Feywild)

12/5/13 - Mod 2 (Shadowmantle)

5/13/14 - Mod 3 (Ice Wind Dale)

8/14/14 - Mod 4 (Tyranny of Dragons) - this is the launch mod

11/18/14 - Mod 5 (Tiamat) - I don't know if mod 4/5 was bundled as 4/5 seem to go hand in hand.

4/7/15 - Mod 6 (Elemental Evil) - today's PC launch.

If XBox follows the PC model, every 2-5 months we should be getting a major (module) update.

If ToD/Tiamat are considered stand alone modules (IE launch = ToD only), I would assume our next mod would be Tiamat.

If ToD/Tiamat are bundled and = the day 1 launch content, it's anyone's guess what gets released next.

I'm not counting on EE (and a new class, and a new level cap) being first in line.

Assuming ToD/Tiamat are in fact both live, I would think that mod's 1, 2, and 3 will all be released before mod 6, and by that time, PC will probably be on Mod 8, 9, or 10 (if the 2-5 months between releases remains constant on PC and in fact is the schedule they have in mind for XBox).

Considering they (devs) have picked some stuff from PC to incorporate at XBox launch that was included in not yet live Xbox content from each mod (races, classes, and all the class balancing/updates from 1, 2, 3)... content & campaigns appear to be what's mainly missing, so maybe the release schedule will be expedited.

At this point it's all speculation.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just so you know, the Dragonborn was a RACE that we paid for, while Pali is a class. Classes are free, it appears. That's how it has been, however.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    same w/ Menzo Ren (also paid for), but I'm fairly certain Moon Elf isn't available (and also paid for).

Warlock came out w/ ToD, so that should be included.

Ranger on the other hand came w/ Shadowmantle, which isn't available content... what I meant by the picking and choosing.

Part of the hook with any game update is to try shiny new things, IMO, while good for the player base, it's a bad business model to release too many shiny new things at once, need to keep the player base intrigued by the unknown.
  • Options
    darkshellknightdarkshellknight Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kattfisken wrote: »
    As for the release of elemental evil i don't think there is a date for it yet on xbox one except that it will come "soon" after the PC release. And i think the paladin will be free just like the hunter ranger and scourge warlock :) it would be wierd for them to suddenly put a price on the classes :p

honestly from all the advertising on several sites including that of twitter it seems we are getting elemental evil around same as pc dont rip my head off for this but it clearly says that on twitter and the xbox content overview and if we arent getting it anytime soon they might want to change it so people dont think we are supposed to have it now.
  • Options
    spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We're 3 area DLCs behind PC, not counting EE. If you figure they'll release a mod every 2-3 months, that'll mean we'll get it around 6-9 months from now. We don't even have mods 1-3 or Tiamat yet, so it's going to be a while.
  • Options
    treborlavoktreborlavok Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Patch is hitting us now. Pally will be playable after the update(roughly 4.5 hours long starting at 6 am PDT).

There is also a forced free skill respec. And we also get to upgrade our skills 4 times now instead of only 3. Lots of cool stuff with the update. More zones/content/dungeons etc.

Edit: atleast i thought the patch was hitting us today. Not sure how soon after PC we get the update ourselves.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    PC and Xbox patches are different, the Paladin and Elemental Evil will not be available on XBox today.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Greetings adventurers! We will be having our weekly scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Xbox will now be on Tuesday, while PC will be on Thursday) starting at 6AM PDT. Estimated downtime is roughly 4.5 hours due to account server and network maintenance. Neverwinter Xbox Maintenance will occur simultaneously with Neverwinter PC.

~Patch notes~

- Players will earn double Astral Diamonds until 4/13!

^^^^XBOX PATCH^^^^
  • Options
    treborlavoktreborlavok Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    PC and Xbox patches are different, the Paladin and Elemental Evil will not be available on XBox today.

When does xbox get the new content? Are we currently behind in any modules?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Looking at the "history" of Neverwinter on PC...

6/20/13 - game launched

8/22/13 - Mod 1 (Feywild)

12/5/13 - Mod 2 (Shadowmantle)

5/13/14 - Mod 3 (Ice Wind Dale)

8/14/14 - Mod 4 (Tyranny of Dragons) - this is the launch mod

11/18/14 - Mod 5 (Tiamat) - I don't know if mod 4/5 was bundled as 4/5 seem to go hand in hand.

4/7/15 - Mod 6 (Elemental Evil) - today's PC launch.

^^^PC "History"^^^
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    PC has been out for approaching 2 years, XBox 1 week.

Mod 1, Mod 2, Mod 3, Mod 6 playable content is NOT on XBox.

I do not know if Mod 5 playable content is available or not.

PC has had major (mod launches) updates every 2-5 months since launching in June 2013.

I can confidently guess that no one has finished the ToD (Tyranny of Dragons) campaign on XBox (as it is impossible to do due to time constraints).
  • Options
    spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    I can confidently guess that no one has finished the ToD (Tyranny of Dragons) campaign on XBox (as it is, impossible to do due to time constraints).

I'm still a quest shy of the first boon and I no-life this game. Trust me, there's not lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Uh, yes, I know that Dragonborn is a race. My point was that it costs... and a ridiculous amount might I add. Aside from aesthetically being ugly as sin, it just isn't worth my time to actually buy. My only question was to make sure that Paladin would indeed be free. It's not too farfetched for a game to unleash a nice big expansion with a new class and then charge for it. Such as in DDO where, sure, there are several races you have to pay for but there are also several classes you would have to as well. Of course DDO also offers a very agreeable method for getting anything in the game at no cost to you. I'm happy as long as Paladin is free, but apparently it won't be for a long time on Xbox One so I guess i'll just have to drop the game and come back when it'll be released.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All classes have been and will continue to be free. Races have always been a premium option.

As far as updates, they have said that Xbox will get fewer and slower updates then PC, but each update will be larger. I expect the next major update for Xbox will be the first 3 missing campaigns. So you all will most likely get Sharandar, Dread Ring, and Icewind dale all at once.

Icewind dale is the linchpin because Tyranny of Dragons and Elemental evil are directly tied to it. So you simply wont be able to get mod 5 and 6, until you get mod 3 first.
  • Options
    magnumninjamagnumninja Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    funkad1n wrote: »
    you never know in modern day gaming. no one buys a full game anymore. it's "you buy 80% of the game then pay extra for DLC". All about the money, yo.

Or worse Destiny, they show us %95 and give us %25... :( (also its Wednesday April 22nd 9:45pm EST and there's no shards so im hoping its the pali update because we had our tuesday downtime yesterday early in the morning, i saved up my diamonds and converted them to buy 2 more toons so fingers crossed
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm trying not to be impatient, but a roadmap would be great. I don't mind if the next *big* content is months away - just tell me so I can set my expectations and keep my rampant own conjecture in check.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    raijjinn19raijjinn19 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does anyone know where the mechanics are in Xbox vs PC?

i.e. Mod 6 was released but are builds etc relevant to Xbox? I'm fine with the content being different but I would love for the class balancing and all that to be on par.
  • Options
    iowastatecycloneiowastatecyclone Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2015
    Ok, so let me get this right, the "old" campaigns are not even in the xbox version of the game (like Icewind Date or Sharandar)? I can understand the newest (EE) not being included due to the timing of it all, but the old stuff should have been a slam dunk? I'm beginning to think i wasted my time playing this game. With the lack of clear communication from the developers to the lack of "old" content in a newly released game, I have to admit it's not making me want to sink anymore time and/or money into the game or PW as a whole. And here i was ecstatic for this game to come out on XB1 as I play STO on my PC.

BTW, I understand it's my fault as I guess i should have read the "what's included in the xbox version" more carefully. Still it's a MAJOR FAIL in my opinion to not have the earlier campaigns at launch.
  • Options
    reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    raijjinn19 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the mechanics are in Xbox vs PC?

i.e. Mod 6 was released but are builds etc relevant to Xbox? I'm fine with the content being different but I would love for the class balancing and all that to be on par.

Xbox currently has Mod 4 content, while all stats/feats/powers and other game mechanics are updated for Mod 5. So basically the game works like it would on PC just before EE (Mod 6) release, but we only have access to Mod 4 content atm.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    BTW, I understand it's my fault as I guess i should have read the "what's included in the xbox version" more carefully. Still it's a MAJOR FAIL in my opinion to not have the earlier campaigns at launch.

I disagree. If all the Mods had been included the player base would have fragmented with each doing their preferred campaign (Icewind excluded because of the boon requirement), or would have been overwhelmed trying to do the dailies/weeklies for all zones at the same time.

How it is a fail, to have something to look forward to? You know what's coming, just not when.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok, so let me get this right, the "old" campaigns are not even in the xbox version of the game (like Icewind Date or Sharandar)? I can understand the newest (EE) not being included due to the timing of it all, but the old stuff should have been a slam dunk? I'm beginning to think i wasted my time playing this game. With the lack of clear communication from the developers to the lack of "old" content in a newly released game, I have to admit it's not making me want to sink anymore time and/or money into the game or PW as a whole. And here i was ecstatic for this game to come out on XB1 as I play STO on my PC.

It's a little bit odd how they've done it, but basically we have the core game, plus Mod 4 (Tyranny of Dragons Campaign). We're missing mods 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6... but we have the character/skill/power balancing from mod 5. They have already said that the other modules will be coming in time.
    I want to visit the areas in the other modules too, but I don't mind how they're rolling at the moment. The core game will keep most people engaged for a while - along with events there is a boat-load of content when compared to other Xbox games like Destiny. And Tyranny of Dragons provides a bit of entertainment for high-end grinders.
    I don't begrudge them holding on to the other modules and spacing them out - if it all came out at once we'd farm the two or three things with the best rewards, ignore the rest and then complain there's nothing else to do. By spacing it out we're more likely to give time to each bit of content in turn and stay engaged longer.

I'd be unsurprised if we got weekend events for the next wee while, but saw a big content drop at the same time, or just before, ESO comes out.

EDIT:
    zephyriah wrote: »
    I disagree. If all the Mods had been included the player base would have fragmented with each doing their preferred campaign (Icewind excluded because of the boon requirement), or would have been overwhelmed trying to do the dailies/weeklies for all zones at the same time.

How it is a fail, to have something to look forward to? You know what's coming, just not when.
    Yeah - what zephyriah said.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.