test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is the Auction house search still so bad after nearly two years?

fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
How is the auction house search still so terrible? Is this just an XB1 issue atm? I sort by Item Main Hand and Hunter Ranger and I get a mix of everything. I try a keyword search and it cannot handle the concept of me using two separate words. Sorting by rare quality is doing nothing. And why after two years is there NOT a checkbox to sort items with buyout? Really?
Post edited by fallensbane on

Comments

• Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I ran into that as well. I tried searching for Cleric ONLY gear and even checked box usable by me and still got things for all classes that weren't usable by me LOL It makes the AH hard to use for a new player to Neverwinter simply because often we don't know what we don't know. What I mean is I personally do not know the names of specific gear to search. I can see many new players giving up messing with the AH for that reason alone.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    AH has always been terrible. Half of the filters don't work in PC version too. You can't do proper search, like exact search, multi-search and everything you'd expect from a proper modern game marketplace/auction house.
  • Options
    kiiidddkiiiddd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I thought the auction house seemed extremely broken when looking for like gear. Couldn't find nothing on there but junk and can't use the search stuff cuz they straight up don't work. makes for selling decent gear to sell impossible because no one can find it
  • Options
    lholmanclholmanc Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The auction house is horrible! There is no search for exact items, none of the sorts work (price level quality) Its like all i can do is open it up hit Y and hope somewhere in those 400 items it shows is what i want.
  • Options
    latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    This is is a prime example of what happens when you hire undereducated programmers :D. Something so straight forward & simple in the programming world that other MMO's have been getting right for well over a decade now.
  • Options
    jhixiausjhixiaus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lholmanc wrote: »
    The auction house is horrible! There is no search for exact items, none of the sorts work (price level quality) Its like all i can do is open it up hit Y and hope somewhere in those 400 items it shows is what i want.

I agree the search sucks. When looking for exact items, I use the text search where you can put in an item name, it took me a long time to find it though.
  • Options
    uloi1234uloi1234 Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2015
    Your kidding me? I just figured it was messed up on the Xbox One version and they would fix it in a bit. Searching for stuff is a big pain when you don't even know what you want.
  • Options
    acephoenyxacephoenyx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really hope this is an issue that gets fixed, as is I have no way to check for purple gear for my class that might be on the ah and if I try to sell it I'm sure it'll be a nightmare to figure out the pricing.
  • Options
    pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Their query system is completely messed up. None of the search functions work. I have dirt cheap 25 ad for blues and nothing is selling because people can't find it. Coming to the conclusion that I should just vendor blues.
  • Options
    ac3swildac3swild Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ive been searching for items on the pc auction house, where the filters mostly work, then specific searching for the item on xbox search to find it lol. It kind of is a work around.
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bump for reasons already mentioned above. e.g. Filter on rares for item slot and it just lists everything.

Pretty amateurish from both a dev AND testing POV when it comes to SDLC.....
  • Options
    mellojelomellojelo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with this 110%.

There is so much junk pushing all the good stuff outside the 400 listings, its driving me nuts. Also all those people who put up a junk item without a buyout are creating some of the problems relating to this post. By the time the auction is over, my character would be 20+ levels above the item in question. So why even bother bid? UGH!