test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone else agree that the lockbox opening spam hinders game immersion?

coffeybeancoffeybean Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Topic.

Maybe some can provide a reason for these pop ups?
Post edited by coffeybean on

Comments

• Options
    aattenforumaattenforum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with you.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While I agree the spam is annoying. I'm not sure immersion is the first choice of argument id use. After all, we are talking about magic boxes that can belch out giant riding lizards. We are already on the ragged edge of immersion by the very nature of the boxes alone. And lets be real for a sec, zone chat in any game, is pretty much the lowest cesspit of immersion breaking nonsense by default. With or without the spam.
  • Options
    lholmanclholmanc Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My biggest issue with it is the fact that its blatantly spamming me with advertisement. I already support the game by buying things i want from the zen marketplace. Spamming someone who has already supported the game is just rude and unprofessional. Not to mention the conspiracy that some people believe the notifications are not always real. Some people report seeing their own name or that of a friend who hasn't opened any boxes.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    It gets very annoying very quickly. It's also a very common tactic used by many F2P MMORPG's to pressure people into spending real money on premium currency in hopes that they'll have the same level of luck as the handful of players did that got the top rare items. Difference is most of those others F2P MMO's spam it in the chatbox rather then smack in the middle of your screen. Also, the odds of getting those rare items are stupidly low that you'll see yourself throwing away money more often than most. In the end, it is simply not worth it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I would love to see some statistics on how many customers it drove away versus how many spent zen.
  • Options
    erraticarsonisterraticarsonist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't mind if it just showed up in the normal chat box, not sprawled in giant font across the screen.
    watt_zpsbm5xgqd0.jpg
  • Options
    latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    I would love to see some statistics on how many customers it drove away versus how many spent zen.

That's like asking the government to give you a free tour of Area 51 that you can post to YouTube ;)
  • Options
    lholmanclholmanc Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My problem is the fact that i already spend good money on this game (At least $50 so far) and i still get spammed with advertisment! There should at least be leniency on people who actually spend money on the game.
  • Options
    erraticarsonisterraticarsonist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On that same note, what's the actual drop rate of the drake mount from those lockboxes?
    watt_zpsbm5xgqd0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    lholmanc wrote: »
    My problem is the fact that i already spend good money on this game (At least $50 so far) and i still get spammed with advertisment! There should at least be leniency on people who actually spend money on the game.

Since Nov 2013?!? Wow that sure doesn't make up for subscriptions. You should be spending at least $20 EVERY MONTH in order for their f2p model to make money.
  • Options
    xarghulxarghul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    Yes I hate it, and was one of the major reasons for quitting the PC version.
  • Options
    ericmayetericmayet Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also when your in a dungeon and you have to roll for loot it covers "half" the screen, there must be an other way?
  • Options
    cindatravellercindatraveller Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2015
    I agree that it is annoying. The font used is HUGE. It's also placed in chat, so it could just appear in chat and not flashing across my screen and I'd be happy. I'm going to buy zen when I want - not because some message is flashing across my screen saying that someone got something.

PWI is similar but the scrolling message font is much smaller - I don't mind the notifications. What I mind is that it takes up so much sudden space on my screen (oh and the ones that appear in a language other than my own is annoying too).
  • Options
    jhixiausjhixiaus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ericmayet wrote: »
    Also when your in a dungeon and you have to roll for loot it covers "half" the screen, there must be an other way?

I could hug you this bothers me so dang much. The crew that I run with actually has a rule that we don't pick up greens unless they are stones because of the location of the need/greed prompt.
  • Options
    akkohakkoh Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2015
    jhixiaus wrote: »
    I could hug you this bothers me so dang much. The crew that I run with actually has a rule that we don't pick up greens unless they are stones because of the location of the need/greed prompt.

Why don your leader change loot setting to prompt the loot window only whit blue Or Purple?... i do that so whoever want to pick a green can do it freely whit no need to mess whit the others.
  • Options
    ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    +1 could live without the spam
  • Options
    zachary4829zachary4829 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually came here today to specifically complain about this.

I completely understand why they do it, and I can handle some spam, but they need to limit it's frequency, and not allow it when you are in combat, a dungeon, or a skirmish. Frankly I think the chests sitting in your inventory is enough to drive people to buy keys all by itself.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's annoying - particularity if you're in the middle of doing something.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    bwairondeekbwairondeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    SUPER MAN WON A 3 HEADED BLACKAND BLUE ICE CREAM SUNDAY!!!! big deal......

[/B]
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm 100% with you on this topic .I also don't like the fact that the Lock Box chests are auto pick up cant tell you how may times I have had to go back and trash them from taking up space in my inventory.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hawkeyel wrote: »
    I'm 100% with you on this topic .I also don't like the fact that the Lock Box chests are auto pick up cant tell you how may times I have had to go back and trash them from taking up space in my inventory.

heheh, that's too make you want to buy more bag space :P
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Absoloutely

What bothers me even more are the scorecards and the loot roles people picking up items should not prevent hunter rangers or other classes that use that style of targeting to attack from completing a battle scene.

They need to reduce the size of these ui elements since we don't have direct control over that on the console version because I can't see things half the time.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Since Nov 2013?!? Wow that sure doesn't make up for subscriptions. You should be spending at least $20 EVERY MONTH in order for their f2p model to make money.
    No I am talking about since the launch of the XBone version. So about $50 in under a week... I don't even want to know how much i have spent in my lifetime on perfect world games... So Mr. White-Knight take your shiny *** somewhere else.
  • Options
    kattfiskenkattfisken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I totally agree.. Its kinda like getting spamed by a gold spammer. Or atleast as annoying :p
  • Options
    podperson13podperson13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lol! Those spam messages drive me nuts. They seem to pop up at a rate of one every 5 seconds or less on a busy day. To make things worse is they don’t need to “advertise” the zen market since every time you log into the game you get a zen market page on your screen promoting items.

These spam messages have to go. They don’t inspire me to want to buy keys at all and they kind of give me a headache after a while. Not to mention by trying to get those mounts, the gambling addiction some players maybe now have.
  • Options
    metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    The Lock box is less of an issue when compared to the loot pop-up. Please stop looting during fights. Its not like its going to disappear.
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • Options
    treborlavoktreborlavok Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    coffeybean wrote: »
    Topic.

Maybe some can provide a reason for these pop ups?

I firmly believe that thats all that it really is is spam. Not that many people are actually opening that many lockboxes and actually getting the mounts that consistently. If they are then they need to go buy some lotto tickets. Plus another thing i noticed is that ive seen the same names pop up on "X" recieved a rage drake mount blah blah. So again it leads me to believe its just spam to try and get people to buy the keys thinking the mounts are a common "drop".
  • Options
    ericmayetericmayet Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe a solution would be that once you´ve spent a certain amount of money you get your spam free game?! :) I honestly think that by supporting you should be able to play without advertisement, think Spotify, I pay so that a can support artists and be free of adverts...